Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 05/08/04 12:05 PM Posted 05/08/04 12:05 PM and:More photo's and the story at: My Car AccidentI will STRONGLY resist commenting about blondes and women drivers in general.Lightning....
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 05/08/04 12:09 PM Posted 05/08/04 12:09 PM geez! how did that happen?Not happy jan! I hope they fix it good for you
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/08/04 12:10 PM Posted 05/08/04 12:10 PM Ouch... sorry to see it.Look at the bright side though, now you can get the whole car sprayed blueprint or black for free
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 05/08/04 12:13 PM Author Posted 05/08/04 12:13 PM geez! how did that happen?Not happy jan! I hope they fix it good for you To cut a long story short: Van in left lane, me in right lane, me level with rear of van, van driver decides to either turn right at next corner or change lanes for no reason.... right across my front. ABS probably means it wasn't at a higher speed.I have confidence in both the insurer and the panel place they sent me to.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 05/08/04 12:14 PM Posted 05/08/04 12:14 PM that's a b**ch buddy. I know your pain as do many here, I have had my "T" repaired and you'd never know it had been in an accident. I hope you get your car back as good as new.Geea.
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 05/08/04 12:17 PM Author Posted 05/08/04 12:17 PM Ouch... sorry to see it.Look at the bright side though, now you can get the whole car sprayed blueprint or black for free Love the avatar, the problem is, she turned in front of me, across my front As for the respray suggestion, made me laugh, but I like Club HgAg. Though, if I was buying a new one, I'd get the new green one.Oh, BTW: I got my _FIRST_ scratch (that I didn't cause by scraping the bottom of the bumper skirt) last week. Guess where? On left of the now to be replaced bumper. Also, the LHR mag has scuff marks, from her van and <ahem> a meeting I had with a kerb about 8 months ago. Bonus.
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 05/08/04 12:22 PM Author Posted 05/08/04 12:22 PM I have had my "T" repaired and you'd never know it had been in an accident. I hope you get your car back as good as new. Thanks. The panel place I went to certainly gave me good vibes. An SS was parked out the front with similar damage, I had a quick chat with the guy as I went in, comparing notes. His comment of "At least you've come to the right place" got things off to a good start.When I asked the panel dude doing the quote how my insurer was, he said that they were the best they dealt with and rarely had any issues.From memory They will be replacing the bumper, the bonnet, the front panel, the front door skin, the rear door skin and the rear panel. They'll also fix scuff's on both wheels and check the tires plus an alignment.No mechanical damage evident. Thanks goodness. Drives okay, but 'rubs' or hits something over speedbumps.My 1200km trip to Kalgoorlie tomorrow is, unfortunately, off.Lightning....
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/08/04 12:29 PM Posted 05/08/04 12:29 PM Love the avatar, the problem is, she turned in front of me, across my front As for the respray suggestion, made me laugh, but I like Club HgAg. Though, if I was buying a new one, I'd get the new green one.Oh, BTW: I got my _FIRST_ scratch (that I didn't cause by scraping the bottom of the bumper skirt) last week. Guess where? On left of the now to be replaced bumper. Also, the LHR mag has scuff marks, from her van and <ahem> a meeting I had with a kerb about 8 months ago. Bonus. Truck ran me off road, and pic in my avatar is seen on all trucks, and Kens arse :lol:Insurance memories...When I hit the Kangaroo I oversteered into a guard rail at the same time, no I swear I didn't hit that guard rail 6 months before hand :lol:
-carty nutter Member 1,966 Member For: 22y 8m 27d Location: Wagga Wagga Posted 05/08/04 12:36 PM Posted 05/08/04 12:36 PM unlucky dude, lucky that it wasnt as bad as what it could possibly have been...hope you get it back looking like new
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 05/08/04 12:37 PM Posted 05/08/04 12:37 PM Interesting explanation on your site lightening. What was she thinking? "oh, I moved right and ran into something. But that's OK, maybe if I keep going it'll move too, and everything will be fine"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now