BA_Turbs Member 836 Member For: 23y 1m 8d Gender: Male Posted 30/07/04 05:04 PM Posted 30/07/04 05:04 PM I couldn't really give two :pooh:s about what anyone else thought, but I think my car lowered (an essential ingredient) with my rims and some flared black stripes over the bonnet & roof of the car could look great. Hard to explain, but would need to get wider as they went over the car.Moot point really as I don't have the money for either!Anyhoo, here is a Venom Turbo with the traditional thin-wide-thin stripes of the GTs on the side. Only a minor difference, but looks great I think. Found this picture nearly 18 months ago, can't remember where, but if the owner is a member here, great car!
bbong Member 71 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Location: Townsville Qld Posted 31/07/04 12:04 AM Posted 31/07/04 12:04 AM Hi guys, Iam just wondering who out there likes the stripes on the new GT? I thought they were a bit ordinary compared to the XY look (which I think they are meant to be inspired by) with the stripes on the side and the blacked out bonnet.I thought the sill stripes looked like a bit of an after thought but I must admit I saw the ad on the M4 (Sydney) for the new GT and the XY on the "mother of performance cars" and the BA Blue GT with the light blue stripes on the sills looks quite good. I would probably get them myself if they look as good on the car as they do in that picture. I also don't like that "Splice Pine/Lime" colour (only my opinion guys) BUT there is a Ute in Auto Alley at the Expensive Daewoo Dealer that is that colour and it has the black stripe kit and I hate to say it but it looks really good! I think it balances it out a bit and looks pretty tough which I like. When I buy my XR8 ute, I want Black (are they going to continue with black?) or Phantom but do you think stripes on those colours would look sh*t? Black ute with Silver strips and Phantom with Orange? Does anyone have either of these? I saw some "Cobras" at Brad Garlick Ford that look awesome with the XC over the roof stripes and the modded bonnet but they are a bit pricey I think. Phew! Only about 10 questions in that lot! Scotty, as an owner of a GT I prefer the stripes on the GT. If you like the look why not buy the real thing? I have mercury silver with black stripes, and in my opinion the car looks ordinary without them. Good luck hunting.
bbong Member 71 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Location: Townsville Qld Posted 31/07/04 12:07 AM Posted 31/07/04 12:07 AM p.s. I lie...the car isnt mine....I am bbong's daughter.
bbong Member 71 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Location: Townsville Qld Posted 31/07/04 12:08 AM Posted 31/07/04 12:08 AM GT stripes on non GT's is so tryhard. Make some custom stripes or get over the bonnet stripes instead of being a tryhard wannabe. Leave the GT stripes where they belong. Yes it is your car and you can do what you want but having a set of custom stripes made up to look different from the pack is way cooler than pretending to be something you are not. theres a blue xr around town with the stripes...gets me every time...all excited to see a new GT owner til I see the different spoiler. every time
BADBOSS Member 73 Member For: 22y 6m 8d Location: Start of the Yarra Valley Posted 31/07/04 01:48 AM Posted 31/07/04 01:48 AM I have a phantom xr6T and I put silver stripes on it instead of the orange the GT has. Ihave no need to be a try hard wannabee I have a hayabusa
bbong Member 71 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Location: Townsville Qld Posted 31/07/04 01:59 AM Posted 31/07/04 01:59 AM I have a phantom xr6T and I put silver stripes on it instead of the orange the GT has. Ihave no need to be a try hard wannabee I have a hayabusa so why GT stripes? im happy with the real thing (although your car sounds like it kicks some pretty big ass) is it the look that attracts you? bbongs daughter
bbong Member 71 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Location: Townsville Qld Posted 31/07/04 02:12 AM Posted 31/07/04 02:12 AM now this is a car with nice stripes.
Guest Guests Posted 31/07/04 02:34 AM Posted 31/07/04 02:34 AM I have a phantom xr6T and I put silver stripes on it instead of the orange the GT has. :o Ihave no need to be a try hard wannabee I have a hayabusa Picks please
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 2m 29d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 31/07/04 02:39 AM Posted 31/07/04 02:39 AM now this is a car with nice stripes. :o :o ... and I'm spent ...
bbong Member 71 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Location: Townsville Qld Posted 31/07/04 02:47 AM Posted 31/07/04 02:47 AM now this is a car with nice stripes.:o :o :o ... and I'm spent ... Nice huh. it never loses its wow factor as long as you have it. polishing it doesnt seem like work at all.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now