Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest EXR24T
  • Guests
Posted

that is embarrassing !!! . if I saw your car on the road my first thought would be " what a wa*ker " SORRY but honesty is the best policy IMO .

p.s other than the stripes you have done a great job on your T, IN ALL OUR OPINIONS !!!

all the best EXR24T.

  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Former XT pilot
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Womb
Posted
Umm, in my opionion it looks terrible, but that is my opinion not fact. What is fact though is that the stripes aren't even, so eiterh there is some dodgy workmanship or its faked, and it has a bulge... its a T, not an 8... double wammy. :spoton:

Remember though, IMO... :lol:

geea had a prang last year and got the xr8 bonnet put on.

Guest Ramm Chandra
  • Guests
Posted
Umm, in my opionion it looks terrible, but that is my opinion not fact. What is fact though is that the stripes aren't even, so eiterh there is some dodgy workmanship or its faked, and it has a bulge... its a T, not an 8... double wammy.  :spoton:

Remember though, IMO...  :lol:

geea had a prang last year and got the xr8 bonnet put on.

If those stripes are real,I reckon the T bonnet would have looked better,now the stripes are clashing with the bulge..Why have it then.

If it was my bulge I would have blacked out the sides.IMO...

ramm

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 18d
  • Location: Birkdale
Posted
Well, I've seen 'em with my own eyeballs, so if you thought they were photo-shopped, sorry!

SO they are crooked? that's even worse isn't it? :spoton:

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

Well at least I can rely on honest opinions. In most of the photo's the strips hadn't been trimmed yet and are not quiet straight.

Hopefully the photo's of the cruise today will show the stripes a bit better.

When I get some sunshine and a spare minute I'll try post some more.

Geea. :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
Well at least I can rely on honest opinions. In most of the photo's the strips hadn't been trimmed yet and are not quiet straight.

Hopefully the photo's of the cruise today will show the stripes a bit better.

When I get some sunshine and a spare minute I'll try post some more.

Geea. :spoton:

I would have liked to see the strips on the bonnet bulge too, but it looks great nonetheless.

Just wondering, how can you straighten the strips once they're on the car without scratching the paint? I assume you're cutting them to size once on the car, right?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

When I first saw your post about the mod being done I thought it could really look good. Sorry, I can't say it now, at least not going by the pics.

My opinion is that the straight lines of the stripes don't compliment the curved lines of the bonnet, grille, or even the rear end. The bonnet bulge exacerbates the mismatch problem.

I think the only way to fix it now is to widen the stripes (to the width of the front grille and bonnet bulge maybe) and at the same time bring the gap between them down a little so it is just at the edges of the FORD badges. Oops, I see now that the badges are different sizes front to rear so the front is already at the minimum width gap. Also the rear would have to be debadged to allow the wider stripe to flow unbroken.

Maybe if I saw it in the flesh it would look better - what about a cruise up to Batemans Bay next weekend to show all us NSW guys?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...