Jump to content

Do later models have better brakes?


Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 14d
Posted

jan 03 12000ks (yes I know I should be driving more but when u work from home....) and just starting to get shudder Q Ford looking at it today. along with rear suspension clunk, exhaust rattle, body deadner coming off under front mudguards, heavy and noisy power steering/rack, coolant leak from cente front of engine! :passifier:

BUT still loving it

:pinch::pinch:

  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Master of my domain!
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m 20d
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Nov. 03 build and no shudder to speak of! As others have said, brake pedal feel is a little spongy but you get used to it! If I had my time again though, I think I would option premium brakes.

  • Team Blueprint
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Dec '03 and all is well. No problems with the brakes at all.

They felt a little stiff at the beginning and are now very nice

14,500kms.

cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 4d
  • Location: sun, beach and plenty of T T's
Posted

april 04, premium brakes, stop well but squeel like a b**ch.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 16d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

There is a greater gap between the pads and the disc from Nov '03??? I think that was part of what resulted in a greater shove being required on the pedal.

18,000kms now and no shudder except from :blush: speeds. Two BIG stops (I.e from those silly speeds) and you might as well try opening the doors to aerobrake, because there's nothing left through the pedal!

Guest dingah
  • Guests
Posted

Concerning the spongy feeling to the post mods which resulted in greater pad/disk clearance, reported the same concern to my dealer and was told that's how they are now. Took it to local performance shop and requested a bleed through with better quality fluid and the change is very significant. The pedal feels rock hard, much less travel but exhibits little or no progressive feeling to its application. Now that I am used to it it is a better feeling system overall.

Dingah

  • The Thief of BadGags
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Sep 03 build.....22,000kms...no probs with brakes so far

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I have premium brakes and my car has shown no signs of the dredded squeel that everyone reports. Maybe they have fixed this problem as well.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 17d
  • Location: Birkdale
Posted
I heard the later cars have different brake calipers, haven't heard about different pads but that makes sense. Some have complained that the pedal feels too "hard" now and they feel they have to press the pedal very hard to make the car stop.

Exactly how my car feels, compared to the older Sedan I drove.

The sedan stoped hard under the weight of my foot, the ute doesn't slow down under the weight of my foot. If I stand on it, the braking power is all there :spoton:

My ute is 2 days old.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 17d
  • Location: Birkdale
Posted
Concerning the spongy feeling to the post mods which resulted in greater pad/disk clearance, reported the same concern to my dealer and was told that's how they are now. Took it to local performance shop and requested a bleed through with better quality fluid and the change is very significant. The pedal feels rock hard, much less travel but exhibits little or no progressive feeling to its application. Now that I am used to it it is a better feeling system overall.

Dingah

Dingah! You didn't own an XH ute by any chance did ya? I think I was going to buy a crow cam off you back in the E-Series days :w00t2:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...