Guest unifex Guests Posted 26/05/04 03:12 PM Posted 26/05/04 03:12 PM Eek lots of fuel Hey adelaide hills cool I ride my CBR through there.
Guest unifex Guests Posted 26/05/04 03:16 PM Posted 26/05/04 03:16 PM I think I am a led foot My Suzuki Baleno is doing 12l/100 (impressive really considering the car is rated at . And my motorbike uses more fuel than the car. So the amount of fuel this car uses worries me :/. 13s doesnt sound too bad for what your getting. btw BCL excellent comparison on the other thread
bdennis Brendan Dennis Member 750 Member For: 23y 11m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 26/05/04 10:54 PM Posted 26/05/04 10:54 PM unifex,Mate I do a 50/50 Hwy city driving. My average is around 12L/100K stock auto using Prem ULP kicking it around a bit. (Auto). In the free way on long trips it drops to 10L/100k.I drove a mates My03 (manual) the other week. "Pocket rocket".. Felt like more urge under the foot but very peeky. Compaired to the Auto T. Very linier, much larger / more comfortable inside. The WRX is quicker point to point but the T has the long legs on the Hwy.The cabin of the WRX "seemed" cramped compaired to the T (but I like my space / big car!). Also I found the seats in the WRX were a bit tight on my fat thys.. Held me in "better" compaired to the T, but on a long trip I would perfer the T. (Have driven the T around Australia Towing a 1500KG van late last year)As per above I would expect that the Insurance on the T would be far cheaper than the WRX (I pay $720 - Outer Melb for the T)Here are 2 questions for you.1. Do you plan to Tow?2. Do you plan to do any long trips (SA>QLD return?)If you answer yes to either of these then the T (IMHO) would the the choice..Once you have decided what car you prefer then the options vs $ problem comes into play...Good luck. I am sure you will be more than happy with either..
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 26/05/04 11:52 PM Posted 26/05/04 11:52 PM welcome unifexI've had my auto ute for 11 months, and mostly city driving around Adelaide puts me at around 17 l/100km. And I don't push the envelope at all. They are very thirsty in stop/start, short trip city driving. On the open road though, it's much better, but still nothing to write home about. Did a 3000km road trip to Eastern Victoria and back when car had 4000 km on odometer. Deliberately drove like an old woman from Tailem Bend to Mt Gambier to determine best fuel economy, and got 11.7 l/100km. Overall consumption for trip, including spirited driving on Great Ocean Road, city traffic in Melbourne, and open road fang through to Lakes Entrance and back to Adelaide via scenic coast was 13.2 l/100km.If you do a lot of km, fuel cost may be an issue, but weigh it up against insurance costs. I do about 15000km /yr and am happy with the compromise, given that when I do give the ute a squirt, it lights up the grin on my dial every time. WRX is good, but IMO it's a kid's car. If you've got a family and want to travel in comfort, or want to have lots of cargo space (esp in a ute), and still have oodles of performance, the T is the go. If you want a fun car and aren't concerned about insurance costs, get the WRX ..... but IMHO, the hatch is not a pretty looking car.Like the guys above said. Drive them both. Make up your own mind.cheerstom
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Location: Birkdale Posted 27/05/04 02:26 AM Posted 27/05/04 02:26 AM Do what we are doing and buy both. I am buying myself a XR6 Turbo ute as a uni graduation present and my Mum is buying herself a WRX Hatch brand new as a retirement present (too much super!).Two black turbo babies in teh garage side by side. How crazy is that!
Grant Member 453 Member For: 23y 9m 28d Location: Kurrajong, Sydney Posted 27/05/04 02:53 AM Posted 27/05/04 02:53 AM I am buying myself a XR6 Turbo ute as a uni graduation present Bloody hell. What do you do when you aren't at uni???
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 27/05/04 03:56 AM Posted 27/05/04 03:56 AM Two black turbo babies in teh garage side by side. How crazy is that! I am doing the same mate. Thought about buying a block of land but I promissed to myself that I would buy a new car as a uni graduation present. I am 21 so there is plenty of time for property. Mine wont be brand new but will be close to, cant wait.
Guest unifex Guests Posted 27/05/04 05:15 AM Posted 27/05/04 05:15 AM Insurance is not an issue for me. The lease company charges exactly the same dollars between the two (about 700 bucks). Yeah I know blew me away too apparently a lot of 21 year olds get wrx this way so they dont have to pay insurance. I don't want a 2 door car anymore so that eliminates heaps of cars (including the utes). I will mostly use this around the city but I am planing on driving to QLD for one trip (to get my km up and save money on fringe benefits). To top it off the cars cost almost identical dollars (Fords fleet discount is larger than Subarus) which puts the $$ within a grand of each other. that's auto ford vs manual wrx. The manual WRX is out of the question its crap 7.0seconds. I have a mate with a wrx and he uses about 13l/100 and hes a lead food (believe me he is). But you have to use premium for the wrx whereas the ford can use ULP. Seems to me the fuel costs in that way are almost the same. Possibly the ford is more expensive by about 10-15% if you are prepared to use ULP and about 20-25% if you want to use the good stuff.Does anyone know what happened to the weight loss program was going to do for the series 2 xr6 ? Is that still coming out this year ?
Guest unifex Guests Posted 27/05/04 05:16 AM Posted 27/05/04 05:16 AM btw I mean auto WRX is out of the question
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 27/05/04 05:55 AM Posted 27/05/04 05:55 AM Aaahh! If anyone asks about Series 2 again I will cyberpunch them out!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now