camerooch Member 129 Member For: 23y 4m 17d Location: Melbourne Posted 28/05/04 03:56 AM Author Posted 28/05/04 03:56 AM Looking at an area where customers can go and have their vehicle looked after by Technicians that have a Passion for High Performance FORD vehicles.You would have the option to spend as Little or as Long as you like discussing issues with the Manager & have the option to look over the car on a Hoist so you know what is happening.Would it suit people to have an area to do some work - possibly with internet access - while small services or repairs are carried out ??(Let me know what ideas you have)
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Posted 28/05/04 05:07 AM Posted 28/05/04 05:07 AM I think I would actually prefer a lift to or from work/home. Maybe this could be offered to people if they lived within say 30km or so? This may not be practical however. What about a free hire car (even if it's just a Focus) if it is warranty work and access to one for a fee when it's not (I have to book one ages in advance with my dealer)?I think I know where you are Cam however could you PM me your dealerships details? The fact the you guys are even considering this illustrates to me that you guys are customer service oriented and I would like to take my car there for the next service (about 7000km's away) if you're nearby. Chris
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Posted 28/05/04 05:09 AM Posted 28/05/04 05:09 AM BTW, if the numbers add up, when do you think this service would be available?
sykes Member 408 Member For: 23y 1m 20d Location: Brisbane (Parkinson) Posted 28/05/04 05:42 AM Posted 28/05/04 05:42 AM I think it would be a great idea.Actually a mate and I have already thought of this but with a few twists,Like hours of service,viewing area,Proper detailers,Coffee shopAftermarket Parts.But I am no mechanic and nor are any of my friends and to make business worthwhile, when you first open you need to as much as possible yourself untill your name gets out and your cashflow starts so you can hire more pepole. Or have the money to start with.Good idea all the best!
muzzzza Member 103 Member For: 23y 8m 10d Location: Sydney South Posted 28/05/04 06:41 AM Posted 28/05/04 06:41 AM I like the idea, I'm in Sydney though.I remember when some Ford dealerships had Tickford specialist service departments. I had the pleasure of using one with my EL XR6, sure you paid a little more but you dealt personally with the technican (no apprentices),used good quality oils etc. & I always had a loan car. They actually used the same workshop as all the other cars BTW.I not sure why these disappeared whilst Tickford vehicles were still being made (eg TS50 etc), maybe it wasn't viable.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 28/05/04 06:49 AM Posted 28/05/04 06:49 AM Well Cam, its unanimous, we all want it.So when can l book my car in? :lol:
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/05/04 08:01 AM Posted 28/05/04 08:01 AM Looking at an area where customers can go and have their vehicle looked after by Technicians that have a Passion for High Performance FORD vehicles.You would have the option to spend as Little or as Long as you like discussing issues with the Manager & have the option to look over the car on a Hoist so you know what is happening.Would it suit people to have an area to do some work - possibly with internet access - while small services or repairs are carried out ??(Let me know what ideas you have) Cam, Im in. Let me know where your shop is and I will be first there. If because of advertising restrictions you cant, PM your contact details. Cheers.
Guest 56Mainline Guests Posted 28/05/04 08:06 AM Posted 28/05/04 08:06 AM great idea.....make it happen & I'm sure that you would get plenty of XR6T patronage!
XR6T4ME Member 186 Member For: 23y 1m 18d Location: Melbourne Posted 28/05/04 08:14 AM Posted 28/05/04 08:14 AM I think this idea will take off Cam. There are many of us that love our 'T's & '8's and worry a lot when it is service time. The young apprentice mechanic is always a worry!If you can put it together and incorporate it with what the others all sugest - eg. viewing area, cafe, aftermarket shop, etc etcI think you are on a winner and count me in!
Zeke zeke Member 792 Member For: 23y 3m 18d Location: Adelaide Posted 28/05/04 08:17 AM Posted 28/05/04 08:17 AM Is it worth paying extra for a better standard of servicing - absolute no brainer! YES, definitely. Look at the frustration a lot of people on this forum have experienced trying to get service thay can rely on and trust. Though, I must admit, my dealer is great and I've got no complaints. But some of the ideas put forward here sound really good.Just a recognition that some people are car enthusiasts (and want to see and understand what's being done rather than drop their car off and pick it up in blissful ignorance-fed trust) would be a good start.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now