Guest Scootre Guests Posted 18/05/04 08:43 AM Posted 18/05/04 08:43 AM What's this about the ICC not being able to be turned over? What actually happens to them?I saw one on the floor of a dealer ready to go back to have a jammed CD removed. I mean, I know they have to be pulled apart to get the CD out... but surely the dealers would know not to tip them over if it were an issue??
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 20/05/04 12:18 AM Posted 20/05/04 12:18 AM Anyone able to tell me how you remove the centre stack that holds the radio, air con etc? I need to install a car kit. I know, call an installer, insightful I knowScotty CCC
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 8d Location: On the edge Posted 20/05/04 09:24 AM Posted 20/05/04 09:24 AM If in doubt......don't
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 1m 4d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 24/05/04 12:28 AM Posted 24/05/04 12:28 AM I suspect once a dealship pulls it out of the car (probably pre-approved by HQ) it's assumed to be FUBAR'd and at that point....I believe it's the CD mechanisms that go out of kilter and in theory this can be re-set through careful disassembly/reassembly of that put of the unit. However as the entire ICC is a non-servicable component no-ones goingt o do that in a dealership.A.
Grass Legacy Donating Member 447 Member For: 22y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/05/04 02:54 PM Posted 29/05/04 02:54 PM is actually pretty easy, remove the top cover where the fairmont has clock. you do this by clipping it up from the very front of the panelthen you remove the side panels so you can get the part out where the tissues are.the ICC has about 6 8mm head bolts that hold it in, then it just pulls straight back.IMPORTANT NOTE!do not tip ICC over or upside down or it will fall apart inside!if you need further details, let me know & I will type a more detailed explanationI've been reading a lot about these ICC falling apart if turned upside down, and I am really starting to wonder. Surely, in a car, travelling on a road with potholes etc, these units must be exposed to Negative G Forces all the time. So if the are going to "fall"apart when turned upside down, why wont they fall apart in when you hit a pothole ????
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now