igsta Member 371 Member For: 22y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/04/04 08:22 AM Posted 27/04/04 08:22 AM (edited) I went to remove a few badges on the back of my ute. I removed the letters saying FALCON, no probs. I went to remove the centre FORD badge but half way of removing it I noticed that there is actually a square hole in the tail gate supposedly where the badge can slot in and be centred. So much for removing that badge. I am still considering removing the XR6 TURBO badge. I think removing the badges gives it a nicer cleener look. Edited 27/04/04 08:23 AM by igsta
trbo 6 Member 230 Member For: 22y 6m 28d Gender: Male Posted 29/04/04 08:54 AM Posted 29/04/04 08:54 AM I went to remove a few badges on the back of my ute. I removed the letters saying FALCON, no probs. I went to remove the centre FORD badge but half way of removing it I noticed that there is actually a square hole in the tail gate supposedly where the badge can slot in and be centred. So much for removing that badge. I am still considering removing the XR6 TURBO badge. I think removing the badges gives it a nicer cleener look. Then how is anyone gonna know how badly you will beat them if they don't know it's a T.I love seeing that little red badge under the XR6 badge.It's about respect!!!
igsta Member 371 Member For: 22y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/04/04 09:05 AM Author Posted 29/04/04 09:05 AM If the turbo badge is removed people will think its not a turbo so they will try and run you at the lights. After you blow them away and you see them put their head down in shame you will have the biggest smile. Removing the turbo badge gives it a more sleeper look.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 29/04/04 11:21 AM Posted 29/04/04 11:21 AM If the turbo badge is removed people will think its not a turbo so they will try and run you at the lights. After you blow them away and you see them put their head down in shame you will have the biggest smile. Removing the turbo badge gives it a more sleeper look. Straight off I can see that you're of superior intelligence. Don't listen to any of these Cro-Magnon's, show some talent.My comments are totally unbiased!Scotty CCC
Guest macca Guests Posted 04/06/04 01:15 AM Posted 04/06/04 01:15 AM I think removing badges can create interest.. make people look twice. pesonally I would remove the falcon badge... and the XR6 badge... leaving the turbo badge and the blue oval. I also added a 290 badge when I was on phase I... considering changing it to a 345 now im phase II, but worried I would create too much interest from the coppers
AWW XR6T UTE Member 129 Member For: 23y 4m 24d Location: Brisbane Posted 04/06/04 08:22 AM Posted 04/06/04 08:22 AM I love the little red Turbo Badge. It is one of the small differences that identifies what we are proud to own.Let em know it's a Turbo, and then it's even better when you waste them.Is removing the badge cheating? :punchhead:
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 04/06/04 09:37 AM Posted 04/06/04 09:37 AM The more badges you remove, the lighter the car!! That MUST make it go faster, not slower...hey yeah, more streamlined too... :punchhead:
Swanga Benzene Member 432 Member For: 22y 3m 27d Gender: Male Location: Out West Posted 04/06/04 10:18 AM Posted 04/06/04 10:18 AM If you are really keen on not having that centred Ford badge, you could always get an AU tailgate, I believe theres no holes in them.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 04/06/04 10:23 AM Posted 04/06/04 10:23 AM If the turbo badge is removed people will think its not a turbo so they will try and run you at the lights. After you blow them away and you see them put their head down in shame you will have the biggest smile. Removing the turbo badge gives it a more sleeper look. doesnt the exhaust (tailpipe) setup give it away anyway???
ExAreSix TRAITOR Legacy Donating Member 1,063 Member For: 23y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: Townsville, NQ Posted 04/06/04 10:30 AM Posted 04/06/04 10:30 AM doesnt the exhaust (tailpipe) setup give it away anyway??? True.But how many people, besides turbo ute owners like ourselves, know the difference?Not many... Most Turbo sedan owners don't know the difference, let alone Expensive Daewoo drivers. (For example... hehe)PS. No Turbo badging for me.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now