geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 15/04/04 11:27 PM Posted 15/04/04 11:27 PM Has anyone a link to the DNA site...stupid can't find it I'm with stupidScotty Early in the morning I found this very funny, I was pissing myself laughing. :lol: Geea.
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 15/04/04 11:35 PM Posted 15/04/04 11:35 PM Had a look at the kits on the site...look very nice...really liked the look of the cold air intake Does anyone know much about the TSI chip????
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 16/04/04 12:31 AM Posted 16/04/04 12:31 AM Hi Ducatijb I think that dynosteve and unigroup use them.
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Posted 16/04/04 01:00 AM Posted 16/04/04 01:00 AM Had a look at the kits on the site...look very nice...really liked the look of the cold air intake Does anyone know much about the TSI chip????Have a squiz at THIS. I have seen someone post here before a while ago talking about the TSI unit, and I think from memory they actually called themselves unigroup. Try a search for this person then check their posts. As far as I know redcliffe (dynosteve) use there own computer which I think was made or programmed or something to that effect, around Sydney. I think they called it RDP or something. Sorry for the sketchy details.Chris
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 16/04/04 09:40 AM Posted 16/04/04 09:40 AM A mate of mine has got an IVECO intercooler that he is going to get it cut in half....anyone got any ideas there??
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 25d Location: Canberra Posted 16/04/04 01:30 PM Posted 16/04/04 01:30 PM Yes the Redcliffe Dyno & Performance kit uses the TSI and it also uses the DNA motorsports intercooler. Its a good kit and Steves a good bloke, good alternative to the other kits around, especially for those in QLD.
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 7m Posted 19/04/04 04:13 AM Posted 19/04/04 04:13 AM (edited) Sick of waiting for the aps cooler doe's anybody have or know where I can get a bigger intercooler for my T Cheers JeffJeff, The APS intercooler system will be available early next week, will be worth the wait to ensure you achieve the best possible intercooler performance for your T at an affordable price. The intercooler system will be available in Stealth black or alloy look finish so please keep this in mind prior to ordering.In addition we have a turbo boost control kit (new larger swing valve parts made in 321 stainless steel and higher poundage turbo actuator) which I would highly recommend you purchase and install at the identical time you install the intercooler system.The boost control kit will enable the tuner to map/control the turbo pressure via the unichip computer which is advisable to ensure a safe state of engine tune. Hope this helps let me know if you need any further information. PeterAPS Edited 19/04/04 04:21 AM by aps
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 19/04/04 04:52 AM Posted 19/04/04 04:52 AM Sick of waiting for the aps cooler doe's anybody have or know where I can get a bigger intercooler for my T Cheers JeffJeff, The APS intercooler system will be available early next week, will be worth the wait to ensure you achieve the best possible intercooler performance for your T at an affordable price. The intercooler system will be available in Stealth black or alloy look finish so please keep this in mind prior to ordering.In addition we have a turbo boost control kit (new larger swing valve parts made in 321 stainless steel and higher poundage turbo actuator) which I would highly recommend you purchase and install at the identical time you install the intercooler system.The boost control kit will enable the tuner to map/control the turbo pressure via the unichip computer which is advisable to ensure a safe state of engine tune. Hope this helps let me know if you need any further information. PeterAPS Sounds good Peter. How much for the intercooler and control kit? Is there any difference in price on alloy or the black?Geea.
XR6ISM ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association Member 535 Member For: 23y 3m 26d Location: Sydney Bronx :) Posted 19/04/04 05:33 AM Posted 19/04/04 05:33 AM dna motorsports look lke they have a good set up up for the "t" check out web site it might have more info for yaI just had a look at the DNA site. It looks very interesting. Has anyone used their intercooler or any of their kits?Has anyone got any first hand knowledge of what their products are like? It would be great to know what the benifits are of their intercooler over the factory one and also how it compares to the APS one.Geea. Geea,One of my mates had his 180SX done at DNA and I have to say that the work they did is outstanding.....When I looked into the engine bay you could really see that they put effort and time into their work. Looked more like a show peice, not an engine bay. Further more, my mate has NO problems whatsoever with his car. After seeing his, mine will be going to DNA for any work that needs to be done in the future (I have also spoke to the guys from both DNA and Unigroup, both sound like they know what they are talking about, and both sound honest when you ask for opinions)Furthermore, yes, they use TSI computers and yes they use Unigroup to tune/ Dyno the cars. I had my car Dyno'd at unigroup and I have to say they are very profesional and carefull with the cars. It was my first experiance with dyno'ing a car and the guys at unigroup made sure that they explained everything to me. All the connection, the graph readouts, the extra bits hooked up to the car, the curve of the graph and what it represents. Awsome group.As for TSI from what I have heard they have come out and with conjuction with DNA and Unigroup they have sorted the chip out to be used in the fords. Personally I have never used a TSI computer but from what I have heard they dont like SR20 motors. Other then that, no problems. Further on this, if you went to a dealer to get a performance upgrade done, they will use TSI as well. I know this because I have spoken to a couple dealerships (not mentioning names or dealers, if you want this info fell free to pm me). More then likely they will need to speak to unigroup for the tuning, because I dont think ford can tune the cars on the dyno.Anyhow, just some info I came across, hope this helps you guys.
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 7m Posted 19/04/04 05:34 AM Posted 19/04/04 05:34 AM Geea, There is no additional cost for the intercooler finish, alloy or stealth black are the current options. The turbo pressure control kit will be Approx $250 inc GST and will only be sold with the APS intercooler system, not as a stand alone product.I recommend that customers install the boost control kit along with the intercooler system to ensure safe control of the turbo pressure. As the APS intercooler system removes virtually all of the restriction caused by the stock Ford intercooler the turbo pressure will rise by approx 5 psi, this is one reason why the boost control kit should be considered as a mandatory part of the intercooler install. PeterAPS
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now