Guest Barney Guests Posted 09/04/04 12:50 AM Posted 09/04/04 12:50 AM Thanks for the advise it's great I didn't realise there were so many WRX converts. If you have converted to the XR-T form the WRX and are giving me the thumbs up, that can only be a good thing.The fuel consumtion was the only serious thing that was a concern. The Ford has alot of things going for it for me. one is that I can get national fleet discount and ford partners discount, you see the company I work for is a supplier to Ford. This discount is over $5000. The insurance would be cheeper. Resale is better at the moment, and if I can get a better finance deal im laughing. But I will have to drive all three back to back.Just as a matter of interest. Next time you pull up at a set of lights and there is a forrester XT turbo parked next to you, look out, they are dam fast. I Drove one last week and its a supprising car. 14.8 1/4 mile as an auto Once again thanks for the advise and the welcome note. This is a great forum keep up the great work ASHLY
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/04/04 05:26 PM Posted 09/04/04 05:26 PM here in the usa car and driver run a manual Subaru XT at 13.9@high 90 mph... I drove one and yeah they are quick!
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/04/04 08:01 PM Posted 09/04/04 08:01 PM heres an add scanned form the newspapers here... as I said "Car and Driver" tested it... 0-60mph in 5.3seconds ¼ mile - 13.8@97mph (not 13.9 as I wrote earlier)
Guest Barney Guests Posted 11/04/04 08:38 AM Posted 11/04/04 08:38 AM I wonder if the specs are the same in Australia.
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Posted 11/04/04 09:28 AM Posted 11/04/04 09:28 AM I wonder if the specs are the same in Australia.Forester XT AUS spec (Click) has the same power as the US spec (Click) yet the aus site claims 6.4 secs (0-100km/h). What the? Both cars have about 155kw pushing 1425kg.
Guest Barney Guests Posted 12/04/04 11:39 AM Posted 12/04/04 11:39 AM Interesting specs, I surpose it depends on how hard you are on the gearbox. All I can say is its very impressive, The auto feels faster than my Rex.
bdennis Brendan Dennis Member 750 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 12/04/04 09:53 PM Posted 12/04/04 09:53 PM Thanks for the advise it's great I didn't realise there were so many WRX converts. If you have converted to the XR-T form the WRX and are giving me the thumbs up, that can only be a good thing.The fuel consumtion was the only serious thing that was a concern. The Ford has alot of things going for it for me. one is that I can get national fleet discount and ford partners discount, you see the company I work for is a supplier to Ford. This discount is over $5000. The insurance would be cheeper. Resale is better at the moment, and if I can get a better finance deal im laughing. But I will have to drive all three back to back.Just as a matter of interest. Next time you pull up at a set of lights and there is a forrester XT turbo parked next to you, look out, they are dam fast. I Drove one last week and its a supprising car. 14.8 1/4 mile as an auto Once again thanks for the advise and the welcome note. This is a great forum keep up the great work :surrender: ASHLY Mate,The the fuel usage.. It all depends on how you drive it. I do a fair bit of Hwy driving and I reguraly get around 600+ out of 68L. It is just a little short of the '98 forrester (non turbo) I had 5 years ago but a whole lot bigger / faster / more comfortable.. It all comes down to how you drive it... You WILL love it esp if you are in it all day / every day!
Miyagi fordxr5turbodotcom Member 892 Member For: 22y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Point Cook, Vic Posted 13/04/04 02:47 AM Posted 13/04/04 02:47 AM I'm a sales rep and do a lot of hwy and distance driving... I haven't gotten under 500kms from a tank in a long time.. usually get about 530ish out of a full tank of optimax.I'm a bigger guy so a WRX wouldn't really suit me, the finish in the T is fantastic and the cruisability around the traps is awesome... has a bit of go too.. just be careful of the brakes as the stockers are a known problem... if u can, get the premiums, or at least know you will have sh*t, spongey brakes from the get go...
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/04/04 03:27 AM Posted 13/04/04 03:27 AM I wonder if the specs are the same in Australia.Forester XT AUS spec (Click) has the same power as the US spec (Click) yet the aus site claims 6.4 secs (0-100km/h). What the? Both cars have about 155kw pushing 1425kg. Not sure about aussie spec XT's but rated power is about the same (within 5 kw's) but ppl that have dyno'd foresters to estimated 235-240 crank hp which is 175-179kw which could explain the times it pulls. I have seen on Subaru forums here in the usa people posting time slips in stock XT's running 13.8-14.0 so I think it is safe to say it wasnt a one off car subaru handed the magazine. Now back on which car would be better for you and your job, get the XR6T, it is larger and should be more comfortible on long highway drives then a XT or WRX.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now