My Business Partner has a BF R Spec which we bought when I bought mine. It has only 30,000klm on it completely stock and he drives like a grandmother. 4 weeks ago he was driving to the shops and the driveshaft snapped at about 50kph, luckily he wasn't doing 100 on the freeway. It was paper thin and rusted from the inside out. Anyway long story short he had it towed to Ford and they said bad luck no warranty and quoted $3200 for a new one. What a fcuken joke, they don't do themselves any favours as he was ready to trade it on a new F6, now he is adament to go to the dark side. Anyway consumer affairs is all over it as apparently the new consumer laws state that even after warranty expires a vehicle must remain servicable indefinately. If it happened to my car I would just suck it and pay as I know the rules but for a bog standard car it's a bit bloody ordinary on Fords behalf.