Fellas I’m needing some guidance been chasing my tail a lot here…
Ive recently changed my zf6 with another as it blew the original.
since doing so I had no issues at all, drive it for a few days then I got into it in 3rd went great till I came to a stop then it sounded like a rod was getting thrown around..
it does it on and off this rattle it sounds like sticking a plastic piece in a ceiling fan with a metal spoon as a backing plate and around the middle of the motor maybe sounds like whole engine bay honestly.
if I rev the car it goes away if I keep it about 1,000rpm its none existent.
I did originally miss align converter 2 clicks instead of 3 but caught it before bolting up the converter, pulled it all back out and confirmed it looks un damaged.
I’ve checked
timing chain, tail shaft, exhaust, exhaust manifold, torque converter bolts, gearbox bolts.
Surely there’s something simple I’ve missed?
also the oil does reek of e85 so I’m changing that right now.