Jump to content

pdidily6401

Member
  • Posts

    57
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pdidily6401

  1. ok, and yes regulator had had a knock so probably should have swapped it out while the motor was on the engine stand, good to know I am on the right track then, plan is to run this motor in the car until I am confident its good then pull it and the running gear and put in the xf, with a few upgrades along the way, dont want to go along the v8 track anymore.
  2. Hi, new user, first ever turbo after switch from chev, got a problem and need some help. Ok , bought the car with a blown motor, number one piston out the side of the block. No keys or remote, bought a replacement motor and have installed. Have bought two keys, had them cut and today had them coded to the car, got back tried to start it, engine turns over and will occasionally fire and run for about three seconds then turns off. Noticed the fuel regulator is leaking bad, which sucks as I have just spent three days replacing a leak in the metal thermo bypass pipe that runs round the the back of the block, anyways getting back on topic, I am hoping that replacing the fuel regulator will do the trick, have the original fuel rail and regulator so plan to remove this weekend and replace, can not find a topic to solve what I want, but here is my plan, jack up car, unhook fuel lines on passenger side by pushing in grey plastic fittings, remove fuel rail, then fuel lines, refit to original rail, replace, refit fuel lines, start car, problems all gone. Dont have any remotes either but given the ford guy did not mention it am assuming I dont need them if the car will start and run. Any help appreciated.
×
×
  • Create New...