Jump to content

UTB05S

Member
  • Posts

    42
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by UTB05S

  1. thanks for that, ill check it out. ive lodged a conplaint with DFT and MTA so see where I end up.
  2. yeah definatly not aircon or anything like that..its only when it rains that it happens. yeah ive been to the level below dealer principal but im thinking ill be paying the dealer principal's office a visit with all my paperwork.
  3. the new process west cooler looks like a good option for what im after? might have to make a purchase I think.
  4. that's right.....I took delivery of my BF ute in september last year and it has been back to the dealership 4 times already to try and fix a water leak into the cabin on the drivers side. AND IT STILL LEAKS!! my car gets undercover parking at home as well as at work so that's why it takes so long to test if it leaks as it hardly see's the rain. the dealership has been concentrating on the rear of the cabin all the other times re-sealing the rear window and apparently re-sealing a seam at the rear, which obviously havnt worked. so the othjer night as the rain started I backed my car out into the rain and sat in it for half an hour in the rain, turns out the water is coming in from the front as the carpet gets wet from front to rear....this is as far as my testing went and the car will be returning to the dealership next week for the 5th time for them to try again. you really think FoMoCO would be looking after me by now wouldnt you? apparently "inconvieniance isnt covered by warrenty". I can understand this for the first time but by now I really think someone should be kissing my arse. your thoughts? Andrew
  5. I bought a hilux from auction..went to melbourne from sydney to bid...payed 18000 and it was a current model black xtra cab with less than 20,000 on the clock and less than 6 months old. retail was over 30k. just thought id share my good auction deal story.
  6. yeah that looks quite nice...im not looking at going such a big cooler so hopefully ill be able to fit it in the centre.
  7. yeah moving the air con line sounds the go, I liked the process west kit except the fact that you cant keep the snorkel to the air box. still may buy the cooler from them and maybe modify or make new pipes for it.
  8. im not sure about anyone else, but coolers that are offset to one side (ie the factory cooler) kinda bother me. im currently in the market for a replacement cooler for my xr6T and was wondering if there was a cooler on the market that utilised the factory pipes but was in the centre of the car? ive done a search through this forum but havnt come up with any options. also is it possible to mosify the mounts and/or pipe length on somehting like the wog cooler to achieve this? im an aluminium welder and can easily do this just dont want to go to the trouble of making my own cooler for my daily and having the car off the road while I build it and plumb it up. just wanting to know if there is somehting behind the front bar that's in the way so this cant be done? any help would be great. cheers Andrew
  9. does the top snorkel not clear the cooler pipes when installed? cheers Andrew
  10. ive been using K&N filters in my race car for years, both oil and air filters and when the motor was pulled down due to spinning a bearing (standard bearings after 2 years of solid abuse to 9000 rpm) the inside of the motor was clean as and I could even use my apex seals again as they had little wear (yes its a chook cooker ) so I can only assume they the air filter was doing its job quite well, hence I have fitted a K&N panel into the ford.
  11. also noticed on the pic that the standard air intake to the airbox is missing? does it not fit back on with the cooler pipe there? cheers Andrew
  12. so even though i plan on keeping the stock exaust and airbox she will still lean out? who is best to do an edit on it for this small mod and how much am i looking at roughly? thanks in advance for any help guys.
  13. im running a stock motor and ecu map ect, will fitting this cooler affect how the car runs or will i need to get the car tuned to suit? im not looking for big numbers from my car more just for looks and to keep the charge air temps down while im towing ect. cheers Andrew
  14. UTB05S

    New Members Thread

    Good stuff & How long is the wait on the ute? ← should only be about 2 weeks now hopefully...cant wait!!!!
  15. UTB05S

    New Members Thread

    Hi Guys, Found the site from an internet search after just ordering my my first new car ever. BF XR6 Turbo Ute. I optioned it up with the luxury pack aswell I got the 6 speed auto aswell, as I actually bought this to replace my hilux tow vehicle which didnt have enought grunt. My other car is a rx7 13B turbo which I race in hill climbs and supersprints, hence the reason for a tow car. Lets see how long I can leave the XR stock when I get it (I give it a couple of weeks) cheers Andrew
×
×
  • Create New...