Jump to content

NATHOON

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    197
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NATHOON

  1. I have a 3/1/2 inch exhaust and I still couldnt hear myself think!!! Once the fuel heats up the thing still gets noisy but I can live with the noise now. I know this pump wont run out of fuel I have a walbro in my ute and it runs out of puff @ about 330kwatw
  2. Finally I have won the pump has been moved to the rear passanger side quater . Mounted underneith the car. The pump is know @ an acceptable level. With the windows up you can no longer hear it!!!
  3. give gcg turbos a ring or maybe precision turbos @ wetheril park
  4. did they do your pump is that c& v or cv performance
  5. Get the rear housing with a large flap and ported hole from mrt for $380 exchange and precision turbos @ wetheril park ask for a 12 psi actuator with adjustable shaft. approx $130 If you have time to play with give gcg or precision turbos your turbo and let them do the mods. otherwise upgrade the turbo and sell urs for $1000 this fixed my problems
  6. How does urs get when she is hot? it will definatly change note let me know. Can you find out what that pump is exactly and who mounted it and did that setup?
  7. turbo came out today changed the housing ported with large flapper from mrt in sydney $380 exchange. Fix the problem know I have a boost leak I think it is the factory bov has any one had problems? it will only hold 13 psi even when we up the boost
  8. just checked hose are on the right way and this was the first time on the car has been on the dyno as I installed the exhaust last week. It was obviously over boosting then. Once edited it wont hold boost even with all boost pulled out of the map it continues to rise to approx 18 psi and maybe further. a 9.5 psi actuator was installed. tomorrow I have to sort something out and I think it is the smaller diameter wastegate hole that needs to be bigger know with the free flowing exhaust. have you had any cars like this dw
  9. yep I have done the actuator 9.5 psi wish I knew before because I had it off on friday whilst I did the actuator would have been much easier to do it at once but my other car (ute) bf did not need it it ran up 321 rwk but still needs a little tuning the walbro has run out of puff!
  10. I have been told some do and some dont have to be done and as always mine is spiking to 18 psi I just wish it was 15
  11. Hi im from sydney do you guys know if any one does and exchange housing or where to go to and how much?.
  12. yeah it has a 4 inch magicat I think it is the wastegate port that needs opening generally speaking if the boost rises as rpm builds the wastegate hole isnt big enough looks like turbo is out again and lets open it up!
  13. Thanks guys before I rip the turbo off to port ill give it one last run on the dyno and check that the solinoid is not f*cked! Thanks for your help
  14. do you mean disconect the actuator line and run compressed air into it then run the car and thoereticly it should only go to 9.5-10 psi. But I have the feeling when I up the boost to 15 psi the mabe the wastegate cannot flow enough cause of there is no restriction with the 4 inch dump? are people having problems with there boost solenoids?
  15. Hi I have a problem with rising boost as the revs lift. My car has wog cooler 4 inch dump 3 1/2 inch system,springs ,injectors 9.5psi actuator & and an 044. With all the boost pulled out of the tune (edit) boost still rises to a peek of about 18psi and I cannot control it. I think the wastegate has to be ported but I just want to know if other people have had a problem and what they did
  16. Do you still have it in your car. Where was it mounted?. Mine is under the passanger seat and it is driving me nuts! Its a Bosch 044 the biggest efi they make 700hp
  17. Hi just wondering if any 1 has a bosch 044 installed inline and how they keep it quiet. Where did you mount the pump. Is there a quiet alternative? Nathan
  18. Ill post a sound clip soon it has a deep rumble is quiet on the freeway no drone. Just cruising around it is lounder than the twin 2 and 1/2 inch that I had done on the ute. Nathan
  19. That sounds about the going rate do you have some where you could recomend NAthan
  20. very tempting you always come up with the goods dynowog!! just wish you were closer
  21. Sydney too far to drive would love to though
  22. Hi guys I am wondering if someone can push me in the direction of a good transmision builder to upgrade my 4 speed to handle 330 rwkw before I break it. Nathan
  23. Na not yet we will boost the line pressure with the edit but this will have to be done. I will install a trans cooler next week prior. Does anyone know what the going rate for mods to the 4 speed are? Any recomendations in sydney area?
  24. will be nice to see what this one will run up I pick up the actuator tomorrow the cooler is in valve springs get done on the weekend then next week nizpro injectors and fuel pump then we get to tune saturday week. I am hoping for 320 rwkw
  25. Hi guys my first post on the forum got a 4 inch dump installed yesteraday with a 5 inch metal cat and a single 3 1/2 inch cat back stainless exhaust done @ carline seven hills. Nice note not too loud the car will be going to unigroup engineering in the next couple of weeks and I will let you guys know how she goes.
×
×
  • Create New...