Jump to content

XRBoost

Member
  • Posts

    50
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by XRBoost

  1. I have looked at many different air Intakes, was more or less asking for peoples opinions.
  2. Need advice. I have the stock the box in my ba xr6t, lower typhoon air intake. I know the snorkel doesn't do much but it as taken out to fit the intercooler piping. So it's got a big old hole where the snorkel went. Any other air intake I can get? I know you can get a bent pipe and pod filter to fit to the turbo, which requires a battery relo but it gets expensive. The cars pushing 314rwkw and I know power gains aren't in the picture, but it might be worth doing.
  3. On ya Keith. I'll have to ask the tuner who did the test for me then. I know the car goes hard, just wouldn't mind knowing the torque it pushes. Not a willy measuring competition.
  4. Was curious that's all, didn't realise there was a massive deal about people asking questions.
  5. Can anyone help me with converting tractive effort into nm? My dyno sheet has 8600 in tractive effort but I have no idea what that equates to.
  6. Appreciate the advice guys, thinking about a boot relocation rather than the other but could be costly. Might have to look up some more setups.
  7. Just wondering if anyone here has the plazmaman set up in their ba/fg turbos. I'm running the standard air intake with a kn air filter. Standard cross over pipe. I understand the gains won't be all that substantial if I change the set up but will help with air flow. Plus I'm not that big on the look of the cross over pipe. It is pricey with the battery location, and its a *beep* of a spot that the battery goes afterwards. Is it worth it though? Wouldn't mind bumping boost up a bit, running 12psi so maybe 15psi?
  8. XRBoost

    XR6T newbie.

    Yes, first tune was a disaster. 187rwkw stock, valve springs were old and needed replacing immediately. A tuner whom I won't mention bumped it up to 16psi on stock internals and only made 214rwkw. Could have blown it the *beep*. Second tuner got 240rwkw. Put 5k into it, got 314rwkw on a conservative tune. It's a beast now.
  9. That's absolutely gutting man. Golden rule. Don't screw with a man's car. Hope those sh*t stains get found and given serious jail time. Hopefully your car insurance sees you back with your car as it should be.
  10. Just a quick one, is an auto to Manuel conversion worth the $ and the time? I've heard it's costly and few actually go through with a full conversion. Also the success rate seems to be low (posts are from 2009 though) I love having the ability to use the sequential shift and use Manuel mode, but maxing out the top end in 4th is lackluster. Opinions? Pushing 314rwkw on 14psi.
  11. I haven't yet had the chance to take the old girl down to the tracks. But I'm interested in knowing what my xr6t would get. Obviously conditions, response time take off are all variables, what times have others here got? 314rwkw, standard btr no stall. 13's maybe?
  12. Really? Last time I went down to supercheap they were $68 a gauge. I wish I could fabricate my own triple gauge holder, but no idea how to do that.
  13. Looking at getting a couple of gauges. I was hanging out for the ever illusive triple gauge holder but it seems most have fallen off the face of the earth (ones that are being sold at least). Should I choose a double gauge holder, what should I have occupy it? Boost is my first thought, then either oil pressure or oil temp. Opinions?
  14. Cheers mate. Will be getting t2 rotors soon with fresh pads.
  15. 170110kms Keep in mind that's all Daltons work, but Matt from BPracing provided the software for tuning. That was $700 so all up it was $5100
  16. Well I said I'd update everyone once the car had been modded/tuned, and the day finally came. So, just a recap: The car was at 235rwkw with just a tune and valve springs. 10 pound boost. Now, the car is sitting at 314rwkw at 14 pounds of boost. Here is the dyno sheet and list of parts: The car is a monster, I knew it would be but being flung back into your seat is nice. The team at Dalton Automotive did a fantastic job and were as helpful as anything. They went through with me everythint they had done, ran it up and achieved a minimum of 310rwkw each time. My turbo was in excellent condition, everything went in and everything happened as planned. Honestly 300rwkw was what I wanted and I got more so I'm stoked. Matt from bpracing was suprised how much it made, as he had suggested a process west setup as opposed to the HDI cooler. Which by the way sits very nicely. I forgot to nab a photo of the dump pipe and high flow while it was up on the hoist. Anyway, enough jibber jabber. Have a squiz.
  17. Perhaps I should elaborate. One shop will take up the install of parts, porting the turbo etc. Then they will get Matt to come in and tune the car. The two stores have a good business relationship and they refer customers to each other. They were happy to tune my car, but when I asked to have two tunes plus a valet tune done with my sct x4 they told me Matt would get the tune spot on. He's got the goods when it comes to software. He'll tune it on their dyno.
  18. The work is being carried out by Dalton Automotive, who will get everything ready, then Matt from Bullet Performance Racing will come down to tune it. Both have a good reputation, no matter who I call about a tune, Matt from BPR is the bloke I'm referred to everytime.
  19. Just a quick update on the car, excuse the double post. $2500 deposit paid, parts will be in hopefully by the end of this week for install next week. As the parts come in I will update the exact brands. All work carried out by one performance shop and high boost, low boost and valet tune to be done by another performance shop (they often work together so a good melding of minds). Can't wait.
  20. Seems to be up in the air about required boost to hit 300rwkw. In the BA that is. I'm going into this as level headed as I can. 300rwkws is my goal but if that means I have to push 18+psi (will be one unhappy turbo) I'm not going to. I'm sure the guys doing the car will know what the car will make and if not, what will be best suited to the car. Either way watch this space, I will post up the results as soon as the work is done.
  21. They were confident on the intercooler and HDI has a good rep. I know that the current place are using the best stuff, I've no doubt that the car would achieve what it's capable of. But it's way over my budget. I think I'll be going with the latter.
  22. Might be worth noting I had a second quote, same mods, execpt a HDI stage 2 intercooler, didn't get the brand of injectors though. $4300
  23. $7000, sorry for double post but out of edits.
  24. Valve springs have been done. 300 is my goal, I'm not bored with the current 235rwkw, just looking for a solid benchmark. Still kicks the back end out like a horse. So I can imagine 300rwkws will see the horse going crazy. Plus I'm not keen on the small fortune it will cost to upgrade the block. Already spending a small fortune on this. After revision, just going for the dump and hi flow rather than full exhaust set. Was considering dropping the injectors to 660cc but keeping the 1000cc. $6500 for the lot.
  25. Finally got a package set up, well nearly. All parts and prices but still yet to figure out prices on a total package. These are the upgrades considered in said conversation: Hey mate, looking at having the following done under your stage 2 xr6 turbo upgrade: *Injectors (1000cc) Flow Tested Bosch 1000cc Injectors $660 *Fuel Pump Walbro Pump Complete Assemebeld 255lpm Walbro $325 *Intercooler (mick mentioned getting separate piping kit, works out cheaper) PWR or Process West stage 1 or 2 First choice – Process West Stage 2.3 includes race air box & battery relocation kit $2910 https://bulletperformanceracing.com.au/store/index.php/shop-by-brand/process-west/process-west-ba-bf-stage-2-3-intercooler-kit.html Second Choice – PWR factory replacement Approx $800-900 *Dump pipe back exhaust system (X force or whatever you can recommend) Option 1 - Advanced Headers BA 4” Dunp and Cat $900 Option 2 – Xforce Full system $1650-1750 *Wastegate actuator + Ported turbo (mick had told.me about this under the upgrade package) Turbo smart actuator $209.95 https://bulletperformanceracing.com.au/store/index.php/shop-by-brand/turbosmart/turbosmart-ford-xr6-actuators-7-12psi.html *trans cooler PWR or Aero Flow $250-350 *earl oil feed line Instock - $180 Already have the sct tuner so no worries there, anything near 300rwkw would be awesome. Not chasing anything more than 300rwkw. A bit over but I also need to think about the tranny. Labour is up in the air at the moment but with the best upgrades it's looking to be about $7-8k. I trust these guys and I know they are very good at what they do. BP Racing is the place if you wanna check them out. I have to consider brake upgrades, rebuilt tranny, strengthened tailshaft, general maintenence. Advice anyone?
×
×
  • Create New...