Strike_Lightning
Legacy Donating Member-
Posts
198 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Strike_Lightning
-
CHEERS, thanks alot dg
-
HI ALL. I am just about to start my clutch replacement and thought I would change the clutch fluid and the gearbox oil while I was under the car. Can anyone tell me which oil and fluid to use ? Dont mind spending good money to get good gear. 2004 xr6t 5 spd. cheers dg :rokon:
-
only exterior ad ons are lower grill and logo and 240kw gt stripe. ive added a rear shot of the new tail lights this time.ill take some better shots soon with my new super dooper digi canon power shot s5 is camera.
-
so I take it by the lack of responses that no one out there has had any experience with spec clutches,cant believe im the first to try these clutches.maybe I am. dg
-
g-day all,I am just about to start my t upgrades and from all the info overload that is available out there the most obvious one was to do the clutch first(in the 04 5spd's its the weak link).so then it was just a matter of more information overload to try and choose one. there are lots of good clutches out there including the ones made right here in aus.however after weeks of searching and reading and pricing I decided on the spec stage 2+ clutch and cromemolly flywheel,it is good for about 315kw and should do nicely for my car as I am at this stage only going to about 290kw. has anyone had any experience with these clutches.? does the slave cylinder realy need to be replaced when doing clutches or is it just a sales pitch(ford original ones r bloody rediculously priced at $580, I can get an after market one for about $240) cheers dg
-
hi guys,wasnt sure where to put this thread so shooved it here. I am just about to start upgrading my ride(04 5spd) and I wanted to find out what my starting kw's are. a mate of mine has a g-tech meter( its a small electronic device that measures kw and approx quarter mile times and speed),it just sticks to the windscreen. so off we went to a quiet place somewhere to do a few runs. I was pleasantly supprised to get an average of 208rwkw from a stock standard ride. im sure I would get a different reading from a dyno check but its a good starting point so now for the upgrades. has anybody else had any experiance with this little unit and what is the average rwkw's for a stock ride. cheer dg
-
Xr6t On Gas
Strike_Lightning replied to Strike_Lightning's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
I was told that the rebate doesnt end utill end of 2009 but things change so quickly when the govt has anything to do with it. -
Xr6t On Gas
Strike_Lightning replied to Strike_Lightning's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
well ive made my mind up to go ahead with the gas fitting, bit of a waiting list though end of july sometime, so once its done ill add to this thread, but the way fuel pricec are going its worth thinking about. im also adding a flash tuner, typhoon snorkel, larger fuel pump and injectors and an heavy duty clutch in the very near future. so some interesting times ahead. catch later dg -
Xr6t On Gas
Strike_Lightning replied to Strike_Lightning's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
cheers guys, that would be great to hear how the territory goes. I think I will do a bit more information searching before I commit to the fitting dg -
hi guys. has anyone had any experience with running these magnifecent vehicles on gas. it can be done, or so the gas doctor has told me, bit more expensive than a normal fit. $4800 then with the gov rebate of $3000 it costs about $1800. might take me a while to recoup the cost but I guess if im keeping her for a few years it might be worth it. is there any xr6t's out there already fitted with gas ?? cheers dg
-
hi guys, I am ready to do a few mods to my 04 man xr6t, but I cant make my mind up which way to go. I dont want to go overboard( not dragging her )just 20 or 30 ish more kw would do. I am in perth and have spoken to a few mod shops around the traps but they all tell me a different story. I was just wandering if anybody out there in perth has had experience with a mod shop that they can recommend to me to achieve this kind of kw gains. cheers dg246
-
hi guys, just got back from my local bullsh*t dept (ford dealer) they inspected the front end rack creak as they call it, but this time I got a different answer. they said it was air in the power steering system that should bleed itself, not sure about that but all I know is that its the same noise I heard when they told me that it was a fault with the model and washers needed to be fitted somewhere on the steering rack. ive had enough of the lines they feed me so im off to a suspension specialist next week to get it sorted once and for all, and that dealer can kiss my arse and future buisiness goodbye. anybody sugest a suspension specialist to try. ( perth,rockingham wa ) pedders maybe. ps getting the middle muffler removed next week also not sure if I will fit a hotdog or similar or just leave it off all together, ill see what it sounds like with its removed. cheers guys dg246
-
hi guys, just got back from the ford dealer. same old bullsh*t its within manufacturers specifications but if I would like to bring the car back again the manager will take it for a drive for a second opinion. what a joke ive had enough of ford dealers its time for me to sort the damn problem out myself, off to a diff specialist next week, maybe its time for a 9inch. dg246
-
g day all, I am having this on going problem with the front end of my 2004 xr6t sedan. it has been back to ford twice now for repairs. the front end creaks when turning at low speeds. the first time it went back to ford they said it was a fault with this model and that it was called RACK CREAK and that the way to fix it was the installation of a small washer, which they did, however the sound didnt GO so of back to ford it went, this time they told me the other side had to have the washer installed(not sure why both sides werent done the first time). anyway it seemed to go away for a while but its back again. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone out there will be able to answer for me. 1 - what is happening when this sound is evident and is it causing any damage 2 - can it be fixed cheers guys
-
yep could be the same thing,it is more noticeable in a manual because of the unloading and loading between gears where the autos have a much smoother transition between gears.
-
ok I will try that but in the end its still going to be the same type of diff. is there a better/stronger type diff on the market.I am ringing the ford guys today. cheers dg246
-
hi guys,I have had my xr6t for about 3 years now great car except for this annoying diff problem I am experiancing. a bit of history after about 30,000ks I had excessive backlash in the diff and so after much discussion with my local ford dealer it was replaced( or so they told me ) and it seemed ok for about 4000 to 5000ks at which time the backlash returned so I took it back and straight away the new service manager booked it in for a new diff. they had no records of the first diff being replaced. so after waiting several months for them to get a new diff it was booked in and the diff was replaced. all good for a short while. NOW. the car has still only travelled 46,000ks and the bloody backlash is back. the car is out of warranty, but iam hoping the diff is still under warranty(dont like my chances). has anybody in xr6t land experianced this problem in their car? I am actually thinking about selling it, as the other problem that keeps coming back the so called rack creek is back again after been fixed twice by the ford dealer. can these problems be fixed for good or are they just weaknesses of the 2004 version of the xr6t ps its a 2004 5spd manual that's has a pretty easy life. cheers guys dg246
-
Hi guys, I am not new to this forum, but havnt posted for a while, I have a stock 2004 lighting strike xr6t and have decided to do a little work to her. I have been serching the net for an upgraded CAI. there are so many to choose from and was wandering if anybody had some good advise to pass on to me about the best one to go for. Some before and after kw's would be great if poss, I also understand that fitting an upgraded CAI also improves fuel economy. I am also in the market for a two guage pod and guages, again some advise on which match the original guages the best would be great. its a great car that just needs a little upgrading to keep me interested, then maybe ill do some turbo and tune upgrades next. great forum cheers dg246
-
I have had this problem with my 2004 mk1 xr6t ever since I purchased it a year ago, not sure if it is typical of this breed(shouldnt be). when slowing down in any gear then accelerating again there the car seems to jerk a little as if the diff is worn. ( not the case as the diff has just been replaced by F O R D ). They( ford ) have tried a few things to rectify this problem but to no avail. The mid tailshaft bearings were replaced then the diff. After the diff was replaced the prob seemed to get better but a few k's later and its back the same again. I am just interested if anyone else has experienced this prob and if so how it was rectified. dg246
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.