Jump to content

LikeEmFast

Member
  • Posts

    56
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LikeEmFast

  1. Thanks. It would be staying in the fleet if I could afford to own more cars But I have a Pontiac that sucks money too. So the Monaro is going as is the wifes Mazda to make way for the XR6T. Oh and to give us some more cash as well. If we sold the Mazda the Monaro isn't exaclty family car material for day to day use. I might suprise you on the red leather if I end up buying a T with cloth and it is black outside.
  2. How much do you expect to get for it? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I have $45K on it but am willing to take $42K. Based on redbook I am being very fair. $42K is trade in value in this condition. If it hasn't sold by the weekend I am probably going to consign it with a friend who sells a lot of HP Expensive Daewoo and Ford stuff. He will get my price and a bit for himself.
  3. I had a similar problem on my Monaro I am currently selling. The dealer buffed it and did a crap job. In the end I bough Mothers seal and glazer which took care of the swirl marks followed by Mothers Canuba wax. All applied with a hand polisher and polished off with microfibre cloths. Now the paintwork is amazing. All up it cost me $130 including the cost of the hand polisher.
  4. oh, and for anyone interested there is more pics of the Monaro at http://www.jadeweb.com.au/monaro/ Also for sale on various car sites
  5. Form an initial drive of an XR6T I wouldn't put it in the same class of car as the Monaro. But for the price difference it is certainly not far away. So when bang for buck performance wise comes into it the T is definately a good value car. Outside Well the Monaro hands down I suppose. It attracts so much attention from all age groups when I am driving it. Downside to that is I cant leave the damn thing parked anywhere, particularly at night. I am pretty sure it would end up vandalised. But for a Touring sedan the T looks nice in my books. Doesn't attract as much visual attention due to so many standard XR6s around. So this gives it the plus of being able to be taken almost anywhere. Interior Again I would have to say the Monaro, as it should be. Hell it cost a LOT more. The seats hug you well and the electric operation of both front seats kicks ass. Both cars have their plusses on the inside though. Particularly the premium sound model Ts. As I am looking for. Handling Here I would have to say the Ford is probably a bit better. A big car on the road and feels like it while retaining good stability. The T feels more forgiving if you get it out of shape. Both cars are very good though. A close call. Performance Due to the 6 speed manual compared to driving a T auto I think the Monaro has to win here even if it is only 5 KW more. They are different kinds of power. I love the Ts low end torque though. Hard to beat the sound of a nice V8, but the T sounds pretty slick thanks to the turbo. Both cars are strong and each performs well. Each could beat the other in the right circumstances. Kinda sad for GM that it needs a 5.7 to beat a 4.0 litre though. I previously had a VY SS auto. It could not keep up with the T. Over All Finish The Ford paint work is better finished and the Monaros trim is better finished. I am sure price has come into this a lot. Standard Levels of Equipment Monaro all over. Again that is a price issue more than anything. Overall Value for Money Although the Ts resale dives faster than a Monaro will the T remains best bang for buck overall. Hell I will be walking away from the Monaro and buying a T and still have nearly $10K in my pocket. Based on both being 2004 models.
  6. Looking for a good second hand one. preferabbly 04 model. Finding what I want is going to be hard though. As per my post in the Market I am after one with premium sound, auto, leather, sunroof would be nice, climate control would be great etc. Seems the nicely optioned ones are hard to find. I have umm already been offerred a tad more than wrecker money for the Monaro. There it is below.
  7. I am new here and wasn't sure if I wanted an XR8 or an XR6 Turbo when I sell my Monaro. Well after driving a Turbo today with big brakes I am wrapped. It makes the XR8 seem like a Taxi. Now to find the right one.
×
×
  • Create New...