-
Posts
270 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by boosted_sa
-
how do you tell by looking at them whether it is the flop or gen2. what is physically different to look at. I'm assuming that mine is a gen 2, because I only got it a week ago. well I hope any way!!! yeah wish I didn't have to do valve springs! just more money. It would be ok if I could just do them myself and didn't need a special tool. I'd be extremly happy with 95RON 270-280
-
How do you know what gen cooler it is, mine looks the same as the photos the other guys have posted! I was aiming for 300atw but have been told that it's unlikely without valve springs. Trough Lolly do you have a custom tune? I've run out of money for now and can afford the EDIT but not the custom tune. Just wondering how it goes with a generic tune? I really want to get rid of the stock boost limiter, it's REALLY me off!!!
-
Dont suppose you can post pics mate? I dont want to grind at all, but if its only a small amount...... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I had some awsome pictures of what needed to be ground, but unfortunaly they were on my phone memory card and it was put through the wash on sun. You only have to grind some of the rear of the front bar and grind some of the structure under drivers headlight. If you take the front bar off you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. You can just not physically fit it in there with out grinding anything. You also have to relocate you horns. I fitted mine to one of the screws on passangers h/light and just lenghtened the control wire With the PS cooler down the bottom, I just took it off the brackets made a couple of small spacers an got some longer 35mm M6 bolts and screwed it where the bracket originally screwed into the chassie. simple as! It took me 5-6hrs to fit mine from start to finish. but I ran into difficulties like lack of light and FRUSTRATION!!! Once I'd done it xrboss8 came ova sat and his was all back together in 2-3hrs. Deffinatly worth doing it yourself if you're tight like me!! As for any power increase I couldn't notice any, but I cant really talk because my car just bounces off std boost limited the goes into limp mode for a while, because of the exhaust I have fitted. Just comparing exhaust increase to cooler increase in my mates car and my car I'd have to say exhaust made much more difference. But I know once it gets tuned the cooler will come more into play with higher boost and higher inlet temps, cooler will make it much more tunable. I got my cooler for a good price so installed it was a good price well well under $1200 I too would have gone a different cooler but my budget is starting to run very thin! and from what people have said the PWR cooler is sufficient for me for now. I just want to run 11s. 4 now any way. Later on down the track I'll probably fit a hybrid GT cooler and change all my pluming around.
-
It was deffinatley Autosport Engineering (ASE). They are a Adelaide based co. They have a website www.aseturbo.com.au they don't have the ford product on there yet. I did call them and they do have direct replacement, just do a search on the yellow pages on the net under Autosport Engineering. Good price too. I would have got on but I ordered a PWR Cooler The day before I found out about them. Pritty sure they use Natrad core.
-
the whole lot cost me $900, -3.5in cat was $350, -3.5in dump was $350. -fitting and middle muffler removed $200 not to bad if you ask me! I did get 3 bolt flanges welded on before and after the cat. My car does go heaps harder but just bounces of the boost limiter (sounds like a semi automatic riffle), then goes into limp mode for a bit. (obviosly I haven't had it tuned yet or have the edit) It will go back up on the hoist to get another muffler put in it so I'll post pics after that. I cant stand the noise cause I have a ski bout that I have to tow.
-
I havent had the car tuned yet so I cant really say. But I was asked by a exhaust manufacture if it even had a cat in there cause it sound like it flows so well! They look awsome though and also fit really well under the car! I was actually going to put the standard one back in, why does every one take them out if they flow so well???? The only hi flow mid muffler is 3.5in magna flow that is available and it's $400 not installed, also it's only 5in thick if it's got a 3.5in pipe running through the middle there's not much muffler effect there! By the time I stuff around with that I could have just got the APS zorst!
-
Hi Guys, I've just had a new 3.5in dump and 3.5in metal cat installed with the middle muffler removed and replaced with 3.5in pipe into std rear twin 2.25in over the diff and into std rear muffler. The car now sounds awsome at full boost, but before that it sounds like a bogan BnS ute, or a tractor, or a boat. Fact of the matter is the car sounds low down or unless it's at full boost! What can I do to take the crackel out and make it sound like the nice turbo car that it is??? Thinking of putting a twin 2.5in straight thruogh box out of an xr8?? suggestions please!!!
-
Thanks for the info. I thought that was the case!!!
-
I've been in the Air Force now for nearly 5 years. I joined up straight out of school so I don't really know any thing else. But I will be trying to get out in the next couple of years, to experience different things. There are deffinaltey some positives with the defence forces but also some negatives! Last year I only spent 32 days at my base working in my squadron and was away for the rest of the year. Squadron life WILL take a toll on your personal life for sure!!! Think about that! I personally wouldn't take a pay cut by half to join the air force!!! Just my opinion though. But if you do there is a saying in the forces: The Army sleep under the stars, the Navy navigate by the stars and the Air Force rate their hotels by stars!!!
-
I was told that it could be tuned to run same A/F ratios. I got the 550cc injectors because they flow more with out more pressure. I was also told that (and do say told cause I haven't had much to do with the car at all) that it wouldn't make much difference to fuel economy just splutter a bit on initial start up. it's just the injectors will only be running at 70%. Also if the injectors have been proffesionally drilled, blue printed with in 2% of each other and flow tested with a garantee what is the problem? Please give me advice cause I'm in the game with the T.
-
No time like the present mate, just hope the ball doesn't turn into a snow ball! :banghead:
-
There are also the standard ones that I have, they have been blue printed Hi-flowed to 550cc! they are also good cause they retain same standard spray pattern! I will post results after car gets tuned. But was told they are good for well over 350rwkw
-
Ye Ha, the ball is roling. I've had the car for 3 weeks now and have been waiting anxiously to start with the mods. I've got the 550cc injectors already but don't want to put them in till night before I get it tuned Tomorrow it goes in for 3.5in dump, 3.5in cat, 3.5in pipe to end of middle muffler and middle muffler removed! Then hopefully start of next week PWR IC, and custom edit!
-
I am doing the whole lot at the same time! I was going to do it seperatly, but when you're paying $600 for 3 custom tunes thought I'd do the lot at once! The only reason I didn't get the aps exhuast is cause it is $1750. I got the dump, cat and muffler removed and replaced with 3.5in for $750. I thought the extra $1000 would be better spent on IC and fuel pump! and also I ran out of money!!! (I will do the rest of the zorst at later date, when chasing more power and have more money)
-
Yeah that'll happen!
-
I've got a PWR cooler ordered (should be here end of this week), 3.5in dump pipe, 3.5in cat and 3.5in front pipe hooked into where middle muffler ends (couldn't afford the extra $1000 atm). I'm only chasing 300rw atm. I will change all the pluming along with the plenum also the valve springs when the time comes (maybe next week, ha ha)! So I've got- 550cc injectors 4in cai PWR inter cooler PWR tans cooler 3.5in Dump pipe, 3.5in cat 300rwkw shouldn't be a problem??? -Next tune all up it has cost $2.5k and it hasn't been tuned yet! money money money
-
Regarding the independant cam timing I was told that the t's are set up to run it, but it is deactivated or needs something more to run it. anyone know any thing about this???
-
The Rajab cooler kit is $1500 fitted. -GARRET Core -410 x 315 x 75mm -supply only $1400
-
Is it hard to plum the coolers that flow straight through? or are the ones that use standard pluming efficient enough? I want around 350rwkw little later on!
-
It's a Auto sounds like a good solution is a good quality hi flow cat and replacement intercooler??? I was going to do the cooler just later on down the track, but I think I'll do it first (any sugestions which one?)! CHEAPER TOO!!!
-
I'm in a spot if truoble, I'm confused what to do now? I have had my car for 3 weeks now. I picked up a set of 550cc injectors last week, I haven't put them in yet cause I'm waiting to get it tuned. I was told that with 2nd 100mm cai, k&n filter, and 550cc injectors, It will be limited to around the 260rwkw because of the exhaust back pressure??? I don't know where to spend my money most efficiently now?? it's a real catch 22 if I do the exhaust it'll take alot of backpressure off the valves and if I do the valves I don't need to do the exhaust for a little while? Also what to do with the exhaust (whole replacement or cat and dump pipe) Of course I want to get out of it as cheap as possible! 1 more thing, has any one fitted valves springs themselves? if so info plz!!!!!
-
Hey Guys, Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow south ozzies! Picked my XR6T up last wed. Had a few import turbs and Expensive Daewoo V8's but this is by far the best. I had V8's for towing my ski boat (THOUGHT it went alright too). I really wanted to get another turbo car cause I'm addicted to the boost rush. Unfortunatly it just wasn't practical... untill I realised the second hand prices of the XR6T. Now I have something that I can go to the drags in (and run respectfull times) and every other weekend go wakeboarding!!! ha the best of both worlds!!!! Would love to come this weekend, but have to work. You all have fun now!
-
I pick mine up in 2 hours!!! I've bee waiting for a while and it's been killing me! The wait was worth it though, prem brakes, prem sound and 30kms all for $30k! good to here some mods on the cards too.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.