Jump to content

BrentS

Member
  • Posts

    79
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BrentS

  1. There's also a review of the GT at Carpoint.com.au
  2. Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm certainly looking forward to taking one for a spin and comparing it to the XR8. The T6 really looks like it wins the value for money equation though.
  3. Hi ladies & gents. Just joined the forum today. The first thing I want to say is how great it is to see the renewed enthusiasm in the Falcon XR range after many years of playing second fiddle to the arch-enemy. The return of the Blue Oval has been long, long overdue! I feel a little humbled at present, as I'm still campaigning my old ED XR6 warhorse which is now showing its age, despite only having 83,000kms on the clock. I've resisted the the EF, EL and AU versions up till now, but when you find that you're starting to struggle to shake off hard-driven hot hatches & Hyundai Excel's with 4-inch exhausts, it's a wake up call to lift one's game and get into the new machinery. So, now that I've finally convinced the missus to ditch the Vectra and invest in a real car, I reckon the battle is half won already! (I want to keep the ED as our 2nd car). I must admit that I haven't even test driven a BA yet. I wanted to test drive the XR6T and XR8 back to back, but given I want an auto, I'm finding it hard to wait for the XR8 auto to become available. I'm leaning towards the XR6T after initially wanting the XR8, and feel that the $6K difference may be better spent on options on the XR6T. Thinking of auto, leather, premium sound, and maybe 18 inch wheels. Really looking forward to a test drive now so I can see for myself what everybody is going on about. All the best. Brent S.
×
×
  • Create New...