Jump to content

DaKing

Member
  • Posts

    150
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DaKing

  1. Holly scahmolie (?) Where is all this going? Where can I learn more about this tuning stuff and OBDII etc.... Kenny
  2. BARRYM The BF will be a top car and I will get pricing for a changeover from my '04 T. Six speed auto - NICE some little bugs ironed out - NICE get the right tyres - NICE Just do it
  3. Something very sexy about a woman that likes fast cars
  4. Hi ya, I've got an '04 XR6T sedan auto. Goes like crazy and tunable to the hilt (but I haven't touched mine yet) Handling is strong and I don't even think of getting into trouble in the wet. The standard SP3000 (17") are much better than you'll find on standard Falcons etc... If u want, you could always upgrade the tyres at purchase/delivery time - I thought about it but didn't and don't regret sticking with the SP3000. Basiscally, the car hangs on pretty well. However, as you know, be stupid and the laws of physics will take control out of your hands and it those of the gods. The traction control helps if you do something silly. I haven't had any problems/scares at all in the wet. The only scare I gave myself was chasing down a Expensive Daewoo on some back roads down here and finding I was doing 180 kays as I was about to overtake - just gotta watch the right foot! Get the T, you'll find it a great all round family car and great fun 4 you too.
  5. TURBO4LT How do I get the $15 and my address to you? Or can you email it? DaKing
  6. Matt I am finding that lack of switch lights a bit of aproblem from time to time - too dark to see the buggers. How much for you to do mine? Kenny
  7. Hey Mal Nice to hear re the fuel consumption. Maybe you can help with some advice. My '04 T, 4 speed auto has a very annoying whine in 1st gear and only first gear What could ber the problem? DaKing
  8. Haven't got a fix but I do have a rattle - sounds like loose front suspension on my T I thought it might be the heat shield rattling as per another post. I will have a good look under the car - if it's suspension loose, I'm concerned about that!! Will keep you undated
  9. Hi guys My T is getting close to it's 15,000klm service and I have some warrasnty issues to get fixed. I bought the car at Ettheridge Ford in Melbourne eastern suburbs. Thay have a nice workshop but I didn't get exactly what I hoped for when I went in for 3,000klm service. Which dealer can you recommened that will look after my T - no probs? - especially for warranty work.
  10. Mmmmm nice
  11. nice one - very professional etc..... Who are these guys - AWC?
  12. hafadude I'll see what's available here in Melb from Repco and Ingram While we get some fog down here, the std lights are best used as day-lights for safety. If I can get some proper driving lights and upgrade all the globes I'll be much happier C ya
  13. XXXR6T I like the sound of the backlit swithes but I'm a little nervous about the soldering. I have soldered before but lost a little confidence when I cooked the son's Volvo dashboard IC and cost $100's to replace! How sensitive are the IC's in the swithces ? What size iron do I need? Ta
  14. Thanks Griffon I will do that at next service. I am a litlte worried about the mechanics at the dealers - but I suppose it is there problem if it is warranty and hopefully it will be beter in the end. btw - isn't ION the compnay that went broke recently? Or have I got that confused?
  15. Hey dynowog I'm interesterd in edit for my T, how about PM me so we can discuss. I've got standard auto '04 model with updated flash from Ford (due to surge issues) and would like to keep stadard exhaust etc... DaKing
  16. I'm pretty sure it didn't do it when I picked up the car last November - I'll get Ford to take a look. But if they don't fix it I'll take it to a good 'box joint and see what they say I drive around Melb a lot I am constantly in stop/start traffic and the whine is really anoying. Thanks guys
  17. Hey guys My 4speed auto T makes a terrible whining noise in 1st gear - is this normal, can I have it adjusted out or should box be replaced under waranty??
  18. Hey guys - is it possible to change the reflectors in the fog lights to driving lights??
×
×
  • Create New...