vuster
Member-
Posts
112 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by vuster
-
Sorry Panda, I misread your post. I thought you were comparing the GT to the Typhoon.
-
Typhoon - $58,590 XR6T - $45,205Are there any Typhoon owners out there who regret their decision?? I'm hoping this is all just hype or a slow news month at the magazine. Panda <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Hi Panda, I'm also leasing at the moment. When I was in a hunt for a new car I was comparing the F6 to the VZ & VY HSV's. The F6 sold itself to me through my test drive, performance expectations, and also because it had 6 cylinders. When I did the sums for a 3 year lease the F6 came out on top because the maintenance and petrol was much cheaper when compared with the V8's. My Fleet company doesn't charge any difference when it comes to a normal 6 cylinder and a turbo 6 cylinder. Basically a 60K F6 would cost me the same annually as a 50K VY HSV even though it was more expensive. Therefore a 60K GT or VZ HSV would set you back even more. There was about a 5K difference annually when I compared the VZ HSV with the F6. The F6 is the go for you in my opinion. Before making your final decision get a quote on the lease for both the GT and F6.
-
Thanks for your generosity Hilly. I might take you up on that offer once I take delivery of my Typhoon. I guess it'll be hard for me not to go the extra mile and buy the phase 2 kit after sitting in your car. My head will say NO but my heart will say YES. Which one will win in the end? If all this bad press continues then the only solution I see to block it all out is to wack that Phase 2 kit on. Then 99% of ricers and HSV's can sit in there cars speechless in shame after their encounter with one.
-
Not to worry. I've decided not go through the trouble of cancelling the order. I'm gonna stick it out with the Typhoon. It's still the early stages and I just hope better news will follow in the months to come. I just got really nervous after reading MOTOR magazines attempt of mocking the F6 in which they showed a table of all the ford cars with all the performance times. The F6 was compared to the XR6T, XR8, and the GT. The table implies that the F6 is the slowest of the bunch.
-
I've just rang my ford dealer and asked if I could cancel the order. The car is scheduled to be built in Feb. He said that he thinks I'm locked into the purchase because the contract is legally binding and I have previously given him the clear to order the car. Can someone help me out here? Am I locked in or not?
-
I bought the typhoon because I thought it would be fast stock standard. I.e. a match for the VZ HSV. I don't want to void warranty and insurance so it's gotta be fast stock standard. If the Typhoon is not quicker than XR6T then I'm better off saving my 15K and getting the XR6T. I'm hoping you are right about the motor losening up. Thanks for the advice.
-
I've been thinking about cancelling my order for the Typhoon after hearing all these negative comments about the Typhoons inability to perform. I'm curious to know what others would do in my situation. Thanks.
-
Congratulations you 2. Hope you have a good christmas enjoying the Typhoons. Hope to see you on the road FINER as I have yet spotted a Phoon in Melbourne. Any regrets replacing the REX?
-
The mandarine in the background looks better. Shockwave is nice but it's going to be too common. Anyone know if blood orange is brighter than mandarine?
-
Tur, Which Etheridge ford dealer in Melbourne. I thought they didn't have any vehicles to test let alone this one with 500kms on the clock. The silver one I test drove which had 95kms on it was sold a week ago.
-
Welcome to the Typhoon club turbocorty. I've had my Typhoon on order for a couple of weeks and it has been a emotional rollercoaster ride reading all the posts on this forum. People can do backflips on their opinions on the Typhoon in just a matter of a day and my opinion is that you should just wait awhile and let time tell the full story instead of going emotional on every issue that arises. Don't let these issues make you regret your purchase. I know that in the end I will be happy with the car because I'm not the type of person who will take notice of every little detail of the car. As long as it is comfortable,fast and supplies the torque when I need it, then I will be happy. I'm pretty confident that it would be a great street car. Silver is one of the best colours and it seems that most people are getting that. Only problem is that it's going to be really common for that car.
-
Peter, Could you please tell us what you guys did to the Typhoon to get this result? Will these mods be labelled APS Phase 1?
-
I'm in the same boat as you FINER. Very disappointed if what Mike Taylor is saying is true. This is the most I've spent on a car and it better be worth it. I hope hypnodoc makes it to Melbourne without blowing the clutch.
-
In my opinion MOTOR magazine can drive how they like in the typhoon as long as they get those performance figures up there! Given that it's not in my Phoon Maybe they can teach those wheels people how to drive.
-
Glen, That doesn't do it for me. That's a good number plate though. I wonder if it's taken
-
-
Heres what a mandarine typhoon with black number plates may look like. CJF I hope you don't mind me using your typhoon for this.
-
red will look funny on a mandarine xr.
-
I'll like to see any pics of an XR with custom number plates. I am actually getting a typhoon. Black might look ok since the typhoon will have black shades as well and also if I ever decide to put black stripes on it will look good.
-
Can anyone tell me what colour number plates would go well with a mandarine colour xr? I'm thinking about black with white lettering. Thanks.
-
I order my T from vermont etheridge, I went out to Ringwood to have a look at my T in pre-delivery and there was a silver 'phoon there. the salesman said it was already sold and that was on friday the 3rd, so I don't think you would be driving that one... Dave. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I went in and bought my Phoon on Thursday 2nd so I guess they must of sold it the next day. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to use that car as a demo vehicle in order to get a sale. Did you ask to test drive it?
-
How did you get your hands on those graphs?
-
Soon2B, I had the same problem before. I wanted to mod my car but as the insurance was managed by my company I didn't want to risk voiding it. Also warranty will be affected.
-
I went to New Oak in Oakleigh first and they didn't have a test vehicle. They had a black one on display though. The guy said that they wouldn't have a vehicle registered until 3 weeks and this was 2 weeks ago.
-
TUR, I test drove the TYPHOON from etheridge FORD in Ringwood. They have a silver typhoon in the showroom. It wasn't easy for me to get a test drive because they had to filter out serious buyers from those who aren't. When I went in for a test drive I had to work out the price with them first. They acted as though they sold the car to me even before I got a chance to drive it. It is a hastle for them to let people test drive because they have to get the car out of the showroom. Speak to Rob Alcock from Etheridge Ford in Vermont. He'll book the test drive at there Ringwood showroom.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.