-
Posts
305 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by BLK6T
-
Hi all, I am curious as to wether this forum could or will become a club where each city could house fortnightly / monthly meetings similar to the ford clubs. I.e my mum works at winford motors (independant ford dealer) in nth west sydney and they would love to be home of a turbo club for meetings. We could organise events, cruises and outings. I know a few T drivers who would love this. I am seeing alot of members and are forming great bonds. This is just a suggestion, I personally would volunteer to help and gladly join. We could even get reps from performance places to come to our meetings and show us new technology or help with questions. I know its a big step to take but I would love to see this happen.
-
The "midly revised computer calibration" seems to me a slight power increase maybe to show how well it can perform against the LS2's, or maybe im dreaming.......
-
You make a good point, the gear box may be the case. All test cars by mags have been manuals 6speeds so Ford can show it off. In one of my ute mags they test a Mk2 XR6t ute A4 and they say just as good as the first...The ratios and the extra gear may cause it to produce a slower time with shifting, I mean its only 1/2 - 3/4 of a second difference. It seems though its done the V8's very well.
-
I think the LS2 was a great move my HSV, finally getting rid of those old LS1's. Although its even greater when you see a 4litre turbo ripping a 6 litre apart if you see a LS2 beating a stock T its expected.
-
Coffs Harbour Cruise 2005 17th-20th June
BLK6T replied to Lumpen's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
mmmm I still have to do that, I will do it over the weekend -
I totally agree, Turbo's on a hot day = SLOW. If you read some of the smaller mags you will find times with low 14's like the ute mags
-
Well then how could you explain the 14.8 quarter mile times the mags are getting from the mk11 T's... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I agree its a sh*t time and I myself dont understand it but it could of been a bad start, hot day, the engine could of been extremly warm, Expensive Daewoo could of paid $$$ to make it 14.8 , There are a number of factors. But through the article they stated the turbo went into limp mode so to me its sounds like a troubled T and possibly without a reflash... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I think you should reread the article as it was the wrx that went into limp mode.. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> There was no WRX in there, im talking about the motor mag with all the Holdens and Fords battling each other. The turbo in that went into limp mode... on the 1/4mile run
-
Well then how could you explain the 14.8 quarter mile times the mags are getting from the mk11 T's... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I agree its a sh*t time and I myself dont understand it but it could of been a bad start, hot day, the engine could of been extremly warm, Expensive Daewoo could of paid $$$ to make it 14.8 , There are a number of factors. But through the article they stated the turbo went into limp mode so to me its sounds like a troubled T and possibly without a reflash... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> hhhhmmm, yeh good point about the Expensive Daewoo thing. But the times were recorded twice in 2 months and by the 2 different cars I think (correct me if im wrong). The chances of the mags getting 2 dodgy cars I dont think is very likely. The 0-100 times were 6.2 from memory aswell which would translate to around a 14.5???? So what gives there something is diffinately a miss somewhere in the top end <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Its weird for sure, but if Ford is stupid enough to decrease power from the greatest car they have had for a long time they will lose sales (myself included). Personally all my mates with T's agree their car is running very well then again their all Mk1's. I guess we will never know unless we work for Ford.
-
Well then how could you explain the 14.8 quarter mile times the mags are getting from the mk11 T's... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I agree its a sh*t time and I myself dont understand it but it could of been a bad start, hot day, the engine could of been extremly warm, Expensive Daewoo could of paid $$$ to make it 14.8 , There are a number of factors. But through the article they stated the turbo went into limp mode so to me its sounds like a troubled T and possibly without a reflash...
-
I know after my flash im getting faster times from high 14's to low 14's and even a 13.98. I tend to think that all stock t's are becoming aligned in power eg the slower ones would feel a increase but the freaky fast ones would feel a drop. There is no real power or boost decrease , A manager at Ford ensured me that the difference is in the torque line and delivery which is now MUCH smoother. Hence the power comes on smoother. It may not feel fast but its moving. I am pulling from stock monaros and VZss's with ease but it dosnt feel quick. With medias bagging of the T I feel they are crapping on to sell
-
that's what I have heard too but I have not seen any, I think as the guys above say they do move in the heat but got back to normal some what. Im getting one for $930 pre sprayed with locks, struts and hinges. I couldnt refuse.
-
Is the gold all over the car or in certain areas? If all over then a whole re-spray has been done but that would seem weird. Or maybe ford ran out of blue
-
I have a MK1 ute and its a blue fleck, I dont think I have ever seen a gold fleck before...I asked my sales guy after my tail gate was hit if the blue was in all the blacks and he said yes. If its gold its not standard to my belief.
-
I would love to see a GT base sedan with a shaker bonnet, more aggressive front bar, side skirts and rear end. 19inch dark chrome wheels and massive brakes. Unique GT-HO badging, 351 badging and stripes only to suit the HO. The engine should be a stroked and edited 5.4L V8 producing 351kw (351 to resemble the old 351 engines) and 600nm of torque with a violent kick to it. Quarter mile times need to be high 12's. Quad exhaust with a beautiful unforgettable note. Low and tough adjustable suspension. The interior similar to the GT-P's with of course GT-HO badging and 351 badging. The same T-56 gearbox but improved ratios to run with the engine. Bolstered leather seats that support you around a track at high speeds. Only 2 seats in the rear which again are bolstered. There should only be a limited number made e.g 351 All hand made and the highest quality. Pricing should be around the $90000 area. Options should include staged performance levels eg stage 1 370kw, stage 2 390kw, superchargers etc. MMMMM my dream car.
-
Coffs Harbour Cruise 2005 17th-20th June
BLK6T replied to Lumpen's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
Am in for sure and the misses, Were hoping to be in the sydney group 1 -
I agree with limited numbers. If this car is coming it will be the most anticipated aussie built car with very high expectations and FPV would know this. If they advertise the release there would be all car mags talking about it for months before and after production. If it holds the Boss 5.4 if will lose cred and the another sone up GT, this baby needs something powerful and unique. I say bring it on....
-
Thanks guys, I cant wait to get mine installed, but black is so hard to keep clean.
-
I remember reading a similar story but it was a 6.2litre "lightning" I think. They were hinting it to be a FPV only motor. But only read in a mag. It wouldnt surprise me if FPV did take on a bigger motor and ford continued the Boss 5.4L.
-
Hi All, I am looking at a genuine Ford hardcover and am hearing a few stories of them bowing or shrinking???? is this true??? also if it is can it be replaced under warranty or is there something you can do to stop this??? Thanks Shane
-
Annoying Squeak In Rear At Hand Brake Cable?
BLK6T replied to Ford Grunt's topic in Falcon Utes (UTEopia)
Do you mean when your driving along over a bumpy road surface? If so I have the same problem. Its embarrasing... -
that's weird, Just the otherday I had my turbo intake pipe blow-off so I went and re-installed it and took it for a test drive to see if all is ok. Now everytime I turn the car off and get out I can hear the turbo slowing down but it dosnt sound right to me, and I have never noticed it till now. I guess it sounds like bearings slowing down but not a smooth sound If you get what im saying
-
Its odd, I could have sworn my car lost power from the flash at my 15000km service. I did a 400m run with the g-tech and pulled low 14's average and my first run a 13.9. This is done on a back lane near my house, nothin but bush all around, dead flat, 2.78km long. Saying this prior to my service I was pulling high 14's, but its getting colder. So I think all the hype possibly made me concerned and I was imagining it was slower, but I have just gotten used to it....
-
I notice your in Sydney, I might have to meet up with you some time and have a look at what you have done.
-
Thanks, I was thinking a XR8 snorkel but wasnt sure with the connections...I cant wait to get the edit, but all in due time.
-
Hi all, Im looking at a few beginner mods for the T as I have a budget to run too....Im looking at the Cold air intake from intune motorsport at castle hill NSW which is an outlet for capa. Then to go inside of this will be a bmc filter. Im looking at $570 for this and a potential rwkw gain. for those of you that have done this does your fuel economy drop and do you notice a little gain in performance??? I will be looking at a flash tuner in the near future.....
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.