Jump to content

Mac0892

Member
  • Posts

    72
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mac0892

  1. Using the torque app atm. Sits around the 85° mark. Tempted to install a trans temp gauge when I swap out the f6 ones so I can have a constant feed on it
  2. recently did the cooler and service myself. bought the pwr cooler for 750 off ebay got the lifeguard6 for $30 a litre also sourced the steel pan kit through same guy. ended up paying 320 for the kit and bought 7L of oil. took 2 hours for cooler and an hour for trans filter and pan swap including oil. this was all about 3 weeks ago. havent had any temp problems with trans yet
  3. Thanks Senna Will probably get in contact with you when ready to buy the new ones
  4. Since my front left shock is blown im looking at replacement and want to do all 4's. Any way to tell which shock size I'd need? Car build date 7/07
  5. mine flares slightly between 3rd and 4th around the 40kmph mark. only once when cold. after that its fine. doesn't phase me too much though. checked trans level and it comes out fine. just learnt to live with it myself
  6. I put the dba4000's and bendix ults on my front. they didnt squeak for a while. rears just have the normal bendix pads and whatever rotors were on when I bought the car. they squeal like a gutted pig. going to replace the disc on rear with the DBA T2's and see if it quietens down. still get a squeal from fronts but its very intermittant. they have a anti-squeal stick on pad on the discs aswell
  7. BF Mk2 running 250rw currently getting 13.5L/100 foreman at work has a modded but not tuned BA and he's sitting on roughly 17.8L/100
  8. @arronm that's what I was considering doing aswell considering I'll be messing around under there. least the filter and gulf western oil is cheap compared to the lifeguard also, bit off the topic but the diff fluid. anyone changed that and put in some after market stuff at all? thinking of doing that roughly at the same time
  9. roughly 125k on the odo. doubt it has ever been drained and changed. and not a fan of the "filled for life" idea I think it surpasses 55 degrees you have to let it cool down, which can be a hassle. has yours got the gw fluid or the ford supplied in it?
  10. might give outlaw speed shop in adelaide a call in the next week or so and get a price for one. shouldnt be too hard to fit at work one day, any idea how much fluid you lose during the replacement or just spend the extra and change the oil and filter in trans whilst im at it and have a fresh run?
  11. like raband said - also, if you can, try and get the rotor measurements before you go buy some. I ordered a set for mine from all clutch and brake. turns out the discs I had were different measurements from the regular BF ones. luckily the BA rotors were the same
  12. I have a typhoon one in mine currently. its alright for what is currently in the car (roughly 250rw) but been looking at a new one cause im aiming for around 330
  13. pricey, yes.. but for what they prevent, I reckon it would be worth the small fortune.
  14. always been wondering how those furious ones go in city traffic. Might have to go with the water cooled one since most of my commute is stop start traffic (f@#K you peak hour)
  15. ^^^ true. Was on my lunch break when I wrote and didnt read what I typed. But hopefully people know what I meant. Did a little bit of digging around the ford forums aswell. Was a couple of links on there about the pwr exchanger but cant find them in my search history atm
  16. Hi guys, Just a bit of curiosity here. Going to need a heat exchanger for my turbo soon cause I've heard and seen the horror stories with the milkshake. I am looking at the pwr exchanger but heard people are running an air to air setup in the front guard. Wondering about the advantages and disadvantages, and any recommendations on which exchanger to use. Thanks -- Also, sorry if there is another thread like this. Looked through search but on my phone atm
  17. Hey guys Ordered a set of the dba 4000's for my turbo. Gave them all the specks for the car. (Have the pbr upgraded brakes) When I got the rotors, checked them against the ones I pulled off. Turns out the discs I pulled off have the same measurements as the BA discs of the same range. Did they switch the discs in the later bf's at all? Thanks
  18. it had 10w60 in when I bought it. changed it to 20w-50 about a month later. last oil change I think it has the 5w-40 in it. I'll have a check at work tomorrow though. using a havoline fully synthetic
  19. Recently I have noticed my oil pressure gauge is reading at or above 480kpa when at idle on cold start. Was at a set of lights after driving for 25 minutes today (always let my car warm up for around 5-10 mins before driving aswell). Oil pressure was sitting around 280-300kpa whilst the car was in neutral. In Adelaide last week during heat wave, the lowest it went was around 170kpa. Wondering if they are normally this high or if I should look into it further
  20. seems like good reviews all round so far. what's the road noise like with them? have the dunlop sp sport maxx's on there currently. they were on when I bought the car and there is a fair drone to them. was also looking at the nitto invo's but since I can get 2 of the ma-z1's for the price of 1 invo (was quoted 330 supplied or 350 fitted at trade price) I moved away from them
  21. First post in a while and first topic start. So, im currently due for 2 new tyres and can get the Maxxis MA-Z1's for roughly $165 per tyre through my work. Wondering if anyone has had any experiance with these tyres at all? Thanks
  22. Mac0892

    New Members Thread

    G'Day all, First heard about this site from my foreman at work when I was looking around at buying a XR6T About 11 months of reading around about the BA-BF range and seeing the differences and what I should be looking for whilst buy. During this time I had been looking through carsales, locals and even gumtree at one stage, until I found one that caught my eye. Ended up buying myself a 2nd (maybe 3rd) hand BF MkII XR6T in Conquerer Blue with Premium sound, dual zone climate. Drives like a dream and wish I had bought one sooner but didnt have the funds for it at the time. Site has definately helped me get some of the information needed and no doubt will assist me if im looking to go for 300+rwkw (already have threads bookmarked). Thanks to everyone for the useful information I have acquired over the numerous threads I've read
×
×
  • Create New...