Jump to content

mcinnes

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    393
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mcinnes

  1. I completely missed your comment sorry haha. The pics turned out better than I expected! haha. Ive been playing with my camera, and slowly learning photograph stuff I learnt yesterday about ISO (best thing ever!) so I was playing with that, and it really makes a difference I love the one of the front grill and the ligh beaming behind the car. Only thing missing is my personalised plates, which I can put back on in 3 months when the rego on the car runs out and I change it to ACT
  2. Bionic, Thankyou. I didn't even think of that! But I did ask the dealer of it was iPhone compatible and he assured me it was. I'll pay for it if it doesn't. But yea. As for wheel sizes I'm thinking 20" the 235 on front 275 on back. that's what I've been told will work best. But I'll read that thread when I'm at work tomorrow. Thanks guys
  3. Thanks for that Shy I didn't have a clue where to find the code. I'll check it out tomorrow and look at prices between eBay and ford. I also found the flap a bit funny haha. Had a good chuckle while thinking of it haha. I should also hopefully get my wheels next week. I think I'm going to do the Sicilian wheels in a stepped layout. Deeeeeep on the back and not so deep On front
  4. Yea Fleabay looks like the place to get it cheap :/ Also where would the best place to get touch up paint be? Through ford themselves? I took the mudflaps off, and there are some small scratches :( but on one side there is a mad scratch which has been rubbing for a while from the look of it And here's some more pictures without the mudflaps
  5. So I finally took the mud flaps off the car...there are some small scratches there -.- one side has a mad scratch on it which I'm going to get some touch up paint for. so it shouldn't be too hard to fix I'll get some pictures up later today Does anyone know a good place in canberra to get an XR8 Bonnet? Im thinking New Gel, but I'm open to suggestions
  6. Coz the wheels didnt suit the white car. A similar style does, but not those ones. And I didnt have the original wheels it came with... Theyre kinda balled....
  7. This is my old car, if it had a turbo I would have kept it :/ But the white G6ET caught my eye and it was an easy deal when they offered me more than I payed for it
  8. Well my dad knows one of the owners of Ford on the other side of town, so I might go see them of these guys want to charge me. Because I was assured it had iPhone connectivity, and that everything worked. But I think I should also have a 3 month grace period for anything wrong with it from what I understood from the dealer. I think the guys just trying to charge me because im young and they think they can get away with it.
  9. Yea I went with an optional 10 year warranty from the dealer. It was a promotion they had running. Got it for like $1000. The wheels look sexy :D I had similar wheels on my last car, do I know how much he'll they are to clean haha. I'll get a picture of my old car and show ya's. I would have kept it of it was turbo... And yea I've noticed they'll try rip you out of everything :/ they reckon if there's something wrong with the icc for the iPhone that I have to pay for it -_-
  10. I hope its as simple as an update :D I work long hours, so not having the car to get to and from work really sucks :/ On another note. I photoshopped the Vertini Sicilians onto the car... so keen now >.< Just a dodgy 10 minute job, but turned out pretty good I'll get a better pic and edit later
  11. Im having the same problem as you are with number 2!!! I cant get mine to show up on screen, but I can change songs with wheel controls :s Im taking mine into ford on Tuesday. I'll update this with what they find
  12. Its an 08 model :/ so im guessing theyre gunna have to stay on now. I'll take a look at it though, and see what damage has been done. Thanks for the tip Theyre great cars. I have a FG XR6 before this one, and the power difference is insane! I love the way this thing handles as well. so smooth. Yea ive paired it by bluetooth, but the actual music wont play through the stereo. I can make it play by going into the phone and pressing play manually, but I get no artist or song name. It just says not compatible :/ My last car the XR6 worked perfectly. Ive updated my phone to the latest IOS and still nothing. I took it to Ford and they said its going either be the cable (I know its not the cable) or its some box thing behind the ICC. And he reckons I'll need to pay to get it fixed? shouldnt this be covered by warranty?
  13. ...do you mean my actual slippers? coz they're pretty bad ass! Kinda regretting getting the warranty -.- Because I had some big plans in mind, and now its like...crap, I've now got warranty. So I might void it later on down the track First mods I'm doing are Wheels and XR8 bonnet. Then I'm going to look into lowering. That should keep me occupied for a few months :D
  14. The photos look better on here than on my computer haha. They're blurry on my PC Thanks guys I'm over the moon with how good it goes. Ive only found 1 problem so far, which is iPhone connectivity doesn't run through the stereo, so I'm tang it back to ford to get it checked out today
  15. Finally got my G6E today! Its white with black interior. Sorry if the photo's suck, im no photographer and my camera hates me So I thought I'd post some pics up of it stock, and as I add to it I'll update the thread :D Planned mods: - XR8 Bonnet - this will be the first thing I hope, hoping to get it within next 2 weeks - Vertini Sicilian 20" wheels (still playing with this idea. hard to find rims to suit) - Bigger air intake, maybe a blue power - Exhaust system, not sure on this one yet, depends what it sounds like with air intake. - Toying with the idea of getting the Gentech Stage 1 Turbo kit they offer. From what ive heard its a great idea for a safe amount of power. Bad side, I think this voids my 10 years warranty :( - Pedders XA coil overs (gunna dump this thing on its ass!)
  16. Loving the look of the car dude! the tint sets it right off! makes it mean I saw earlier you looked at getting a growler intake. I have one currently on my XR6 NA, and its the best thing I've done to the car. Makes it sound better, better fuel economy, and depending what type of driver you are, if you floor it, the intake sounds like a charger winding up :D...but no kick -.-
  17. Well they're nice looking cars. And they come with all the extra stuff people want now days. And not to mention they're sexy >.<
  18. Im 20 going 21 in a few months. I get mine on Friday :D soooo keen. I thought I'd buy the G6ET because of the silver trim its going to look great with my zimmer frame
×
×
  • Create New...