-
Posts
393 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by mcinnes
-
Recommended Tuner / Workshop Act
mcinnes replied to wiilloughby's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
I had my car tuned at Gentech. The guy who tuned mine was kit. They did an awesome job on it and I'd recommend them anyway for a tune. As Bellato said, we're heading out for a cruise on the 3rd or March (correct me if I'm wrong haha). So you should read up on the spotted in Canberra for more deetsmon that. You should come ! -
Great work on the car bud! Winter white has to be one of the sexiest colors the g6e's come in I had springs in my old xr6 when I lowered it (ssl's I think) and the ride height was nice and it rode smooth. But I now use coils from ozzy tyres and I love them. They go pretty low and the handling is ridiculously good (you do feel every frickin bump though having it so low). Those wheels really suit the car as well! Any planned mods?
-
I saw that today!!! He was behind me this morning. Haha. I was being a smart ass and revving it but he wouldn't do anything (glad he didn't, would have smashed me haha) saw him near kipax
-
I've heard a lot of mixed reactions about Jakes. I've heard stories of people taking worked turbos in there and after getting re dynod they come out with less power. Weird :s but again that's all 2nd hand knowledge, never actually met a person who went there.
-
My falkens are sh*t. I've gotten 6 months from them. About 20,000km. But they were supplied by ozzy tyres do god knows if they're real or not. Think Ima go bob Jane tyres next. So they don't cost me a sh*t load
-
Also I've spotted it in civic last 2 days
-
I've got 275 falkens on the back of mine, an they're pretty much bald :/ need new ones -.- Also I spotted a white xr6 turbo today, had no spoiler, black rims and blacked out tail lights. Looked mean
-
Haha I wouldn't try a bike lol. I hate bikes in general. I tried a 370z once... Bad idea, it was worked to the sh*t house. He flogged the sh*t through me lol. I also took on a stock bf typhoon when I had car stock. Owned it haha. It was my friends and he wa sleechless lol
-
I took on a super charged vu the other night. He got me the 1st time, then I got him the 2nd. It was awesome >.< Fryer what size tyres you running on the back? They look maaaaassive :S
-
Pretty sure I saw fryer this morning. (or he saw me and beeped at me so I waved). Scared the sh*t outa me haha. I stayed local because I like knowing that I can get it fixed soonish if need be. But I do see the attraction of Sydney and cheap prices.
-
Do it FGs are awesome >.< but I hear BFs have more potential :/
-
I got raped on the installation price :/ labour hurt my wallet heaps. The parts were close to 7k I beleive. And then something like 4k in labour -.- was pretty pissed off about that, but eh, my bad for not trying myself.
-
1st thing you will need to do is upgrade injectors and valve springs (I'd do the valve springs as a failsafe, the stock ones can screw out when modding and damage your engine). I would also recommend doing the bigger piping in the engine for the intercooler. The stock piping will crack and break if you start modding. This is the set up I run in my car: Air intake: https://www.plazmaman.com/shop_itemdetail.php?itemid=81&cate=29 - highly recommend this if you want the flutter noise and whine as you accelerate and let off the gas (you'll notice it straight away if you hear my car) Battery relocation: https://www.plazmaman.com/shop_itemdetail.php?itemid=84 Intercooler: https://www.plazmaman.com/shop_itemdetail.php?itemid=79 Surge Tank: https://www.plazmaman.com/shop_itemdetail.php?itemid=88&cate=29 3.5" Di Filippo Exhaust (something like 2k mark I think?) xcal3 and tune
-
I'm keen for the 2nd/3rd Also I love the wheels bellato! Looks sexy.
-
I thought it might have been. But wasn't sure. I should check out their photos on Facebook it should be on there. Wish I was watching the summernats special >.< I'm helping a friend with his diff. An by helping, I mean watching because I have no idea what I'm doing
-
I saw this sexy as territory yesterday. It had big wheels (I'm guessing 22's?) and was lowered at the back. It was a bluey grey colour. It looked awesome! Spotted on kingsford smith.
-
Yea my names on my plates that's the first thing I did to the car
-
You would have seen the ESP racing xr6 turbo. It looks like a g6et. You'll spot me in fushwick tomorrow at some time Also it's McInnes
-
Do it! Keen to see more G6E turbos!
-
Spotted a black G6ET with the optional 19's they come with. The rims had red walls as well. And looked lowered. It looked mint as! Was spotted on gozzard st gungahlin
-
Haha I doubt he'll buy a new one. But I can always hope lol
-
Keen! Totally going to check it out. Wont enter because of dented front bumper :/ or might do it anyways...hmmm....but definately going to be there!
-
I could do the 2nd/3rd of march if it's a lunch/afternoon thing. But if not I can always come to the next one
-
Depending on what time it's on depends if I'll come because I leave for Sydney in the afternoon. My friends dad goes to a place in Mitchell for all his wheel repairs. He hit a gutter pretty hard and it was fixed up pretty much perfectly
-
Sounds good fryer! I'm Not going to be there but I'll see for the next one :D
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.