Jump to content

Coop450

Member
  • Posts

    144
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Coop450

  1. Didn't really want to mention the shop as I don't want to slander anyone's work.
  2. Hi, Has anyone had the Xr6 Turbo or G6E Turbo tuned using the VCM tuning instead of the Xcal tuning method. Have spoken to a local tuner and they use VCM suite and they have told me the tunes are just as good. Just wanted people's opinions. Thanks in advance. Cheers Coop.
  3. They have definitely told him it is 368rwkw not flywheel. Shop is a pretty reputable tuner in the ACT as well. I tried telling him that I thought it was an inflated power figure but he is adamant that it is correct.
  4. Hi all, I have a friend that has a F6 ute that has been flash tuned and had the gearbox tune done as well. The reason I am posting is I am a bit skeptical at the power figures that his car has produced seen as though it is stock apart from the tunes. I am thinking maybe the dyno this was done on is a Very Happy dyno or someone is fudging figures. What has bought this to my attention is he has raced the car at the creek and ran a 12.3@113mph with this given power level (368rwkw) and I have done a 12.8@110mph but with obviously no where near his claimed power figure and it just doesn't seem to add up. My car is a stock G6E Turbo that hasn't seen a dyno so I would imagine it would have a maximum of 240rwkw?? But the tuning shop he took his car to is claiming his car now has 368rwkw after the tune. His Car has ZERO mods apart from the tune, is this power achievable on a stock car????? Even though it is a F6 or is his car just a freak?? I thought his Mph would be higher with 368rwkw? Is his tuner having a lend of him?? Cheers guys.
  5. And here's the car.
  6. Here is the time slip from last night. Cheers Coop.
  7. Here is the time slip.
  8. Forgot to mention too mate, car went 12.9@110mph on the last pass as well, so backed the 12 up.
  9. Thanks bud, really nice to meet you too. Hope you go well next week, hopefully you will be posting up a 12 sec result as well. Cheers Coop.
  10. Hi guys, Decided to take my G6E out tonight and see how she would go. Only purchased the car 2 weeks ago. Car is dead stock apart from a K&N Filter in the standard air box. I emptied the spare wheel and jack, car had a full tank of fuel and I ran it on my 20inch wheels and did not touch the tyre pressures. Car is a 09 model with 70k on the clock. Best time 12.8@110mph, performance mode, auto shifting, traction control off. I am stoked to say the least, cracking a 12 with a stock car is just nuts. Cheers Coop
  11. So I decided to take the Luxo Barge to The Creek tonight to see what she would do "Dead Stock". The only thing I did before going was fit a K&N Filter to the standard air box. I took out the spare wheel and jack, the car had a full to the brim tank of fuel. Best I managed was a 12.8@110mph. I am absolutely wrapped with this considering the car is dead stock. I will post up a pic of the time slip for those non believers. Cheers Coop.
  12. Sweet looking car mate. Best color by far, I may be a bit biased there but, wheels really suit the car too. Cheers Coop.
  13. Here you go Panda.
  14. Thanks bud. I clay barred the car Saturday night took me a couple of hours. Then I buffed and waxed it Sunday which took me most of the day but taking my time and having breaks to entertain my kids.
  15. They are off eBay. I will get you a closer pic. Cheers Coop.
  16. Decided to give the car a good once over yesterday. Clay bar, buff and then wax. Paint felt rough and gritty before hand but now feels like glass again. I give all my cars this treatment I cannot stand having neglected paint. Just needs a second or 3rd coat of wax now. Cheers Coop.
  17. Thanks for the comments guys Front grills were removed, sanded back and then painted black.
  18. Xr6menace I am lost?? Who are you?? There are lots of Coops. Thanks for all the comments guys, very happy with the Car. Unfortunately I am NOT from Canberra, I bought the car from Canberra. Car is now in Sydney's West.
  19. I have come to the Dark side. My wife has been hassling me to buy her a nice car, she has been driving a 1997 Magna so I finally gave in and bought her a G6ET. I have a company VW Passat but wanted something I could have fun in on the weekends I have always had Holden's or Rotors but I think I am in love with this thing. Here are some pics she is dead stock apart from the obvious wheels and lowering plus she has been debadged. ( I have the badges ) Let me know what you think. Cheers Coop
×
×
  • Create New...