Jump to content

grind

New Member
  • Posts

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

4 Neutral

About grind

  • Birthday 19/11/1982

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Melbourne - Eastside
  1. Happy Birthday grind!

  2. Happy Birthday grind!

  3. Happy Birthday grind!

  4. I've done a couple of hard stops, makes no difference. When I took it back he said he'll flush the fluid. I'll find out what pads they are and contact Brembo as well. When I bought the car the previous owner said he just put new rotors on the front however when I took it in for my first service the mechanic said they were the original discs. Thanks for the feedback guys. A mate of mine's going to show me how to replace rotors / calipers / pads so next time I can do it myself and save a bit of cash, knows a place where I can get a good price too. Looking forward to it, I would like to learn more about this sorta stuff..put me in front of a box of random pc components and I could build one blind folded but cars..:/.
  5. They told me heavy duty, one model below race/track. $238. Listed on my receipt as 'Brembo Brake Pad Special'.
  6. Pedal feels a little bit softer and there's just no bite...it's slowing like my old Late model camira does now. I press the brake as usual but the car doesn't slow down as fast. Even when I push it almost to the floor it's still stopping way slower than it used to :(. I also had to take my car back 1 week after my service to tighten some bushes by 1 turn? because after they serviced the power steering the car was clunking badly multiple times on every turn. The mechanic told me that he overfilled some fluid and that the clunk should be gone in the morning.
  7. Hi guys, I drive a second hand 2006 BF FPV Typhoon and I've just had my first service (90k) which involved the front and rear discs being machined and new Brembo heavy duty brake pads all round. The car has slotted and cross drilled rotors. Ever since the car has been braking really poorly, about 50% as well as it used to. I spoke with the mechanic some 500km's later and he said that the pads need to bed in for around 300km's and that it should be better after that. I just took the car back in today to have it looked at and he told me that he has spoken to a Brembo rep and that the pads will need up to 2000km's before it is operating properly and to call him if I continue to have problems. Does this sound right? When the car was first serviced the mechanic told me that the pads that were in there were cheapies however the car still stopped at least twice as well as it does now.
  8. Thanks guys.
  9. Hi guys, I've had my Typhoon for 4 months now and I'm thinking about increasing the performance however I would like to know if there are any long term effects such as damage to the transmission or turbo, or other possible failures depending how much I put into it. At the moment I'm thinking about a full exhaust and more boost, something that will get me over 300rwkw, but reliability is my main priority.
  10. Perhaps cover it with a mini FPV badge or something custom. Haven't really thought about how to patch up the hole yet.
  11. Side note - I was thinking about relocating the start button from the original position to somewhere behind the steering wheel on the right hand side. Haven't looked closely behind there but I think there might be a possible spot. Then I can just turn the key and put my hand on the wheel and trigger the start button without having to reach over. Thoughts?
  12. Hey guys, Steve from SE suburbs of Melbourne. Just bought myself a 2006 BF Typhoon. I think I'm in love. Been driving my old VR Late model camira for 12 years now and have finally turned to the dark side. Got a few short-term plans for it at the moment. It has a couple of cosmetic issues such as scrapes on the front bumper, small scratch near the drivers door and 2 small trolley dents on the left hand side ($$^&*!@). For 79,500 k's I think I got lucky. It also has a couple of minor scratches near the cup holder which I'm hoping can be touched up with matching paint. Loving the power and overall smoothness & sleekness of it. Sometimes simple things like power windows and a working air-conditioner can really make you smile. Gave it a quick wash last night and just my luck it rained this afternoon. Going to suss out some prices for detailing on the weekend to give it an initial shine as my time will be limited this week. Anyway, here she is.
×
×
  • Create New...