Jump to content

Zepper

Member
  • Posts

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

0 Neutral

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Brisbane
  1. Guys I need advice please. My 09 F6 ute has 57,000 on the clock and is due for new brembos. The last 3-4 months my car has had a grinding sound coming from the front end only when the car is turning at low speed. It is random as well dependant on the road camber and angle of the wheel. I am over dealing with Ford who tell me nothing is wrong and oh course when I get the mechanic to come in the car it dosen't make the bloody sound!! Lately it now clunks after braking and accelerating off again (and it's not coming from the diff). I went to a local performance shop for a quote on aftermarket brakes and the bloke was quick to tell me that as part of the brake replacement they always quote for new front suspension control arm bushes (lower arm I think). Without me even telling him of the fault he told me that most of the F6 bushes are stuffed around the time the brakes need replacing because the bushes can't handle the stopping power of the Brembos. Is this a common fault with the Fords fitted with Brembos??
  2. Mine went about 2 months ago and the car was less than 2 years old.
  3. I know this question has probably been asked a thousand times before but I would love for some advice on replacing my Brembo pads and possibly the rotors as well. My FG F6 ute has done 50,000km and I was told on my last service that the rotors may be too thin to machine down. Is there good aftermarket pads/rotors equal or better than Brembo sold and fitted in Brissy? Have people replaced with Brembo or used aftermarket? Any advice is appreciated cheers.
×
×
  • Create New...