Jump to content

jdo

Member
  • Posts

    88
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jdo

  1. jdo

    Opinions Wanted

    Yeah, seriously, you cannot go wrong with any Subaru made in the last three or four years. Maybe I'm biased because of my MY00 Outback, but they are bloody good cars. So comfortable to drive in both mechanical and appointment stakes and good looking cars, albeit a tad heavy on the gogojuice because of the AWD. I'd have one again in the future. I just have to get my F6 first before I can 'go back' (damned FPV and their slow-arsed plant... still waiting) Oh, and this is my Outback with exactly 150,000km on the clock (to demonstrate how well they preserve): http://www.optikal.net/wallpaper/tasmanian-outback-1600.jpg I never got to finish that series, because I moved to Sydney about two weeks later
  2. jdo

    My Computer

    Places usually advertise pretty loudly that they have a WiFi 'hotspot' - a few Maccas around the place are adopting it, the Queen St Mall in Brisbane also (as an example). Next time you see a sign advertising it, I guess you'll know. Also, whereis.com.au can show them on any maps you generate, and you could try googling for 'wireless hotspots australia' or similar. j.
  3. ...stickers that take into account the Typhoon drivers amongst us. I had occasion to notice the other day that Chris has registered FPVF6Turbo.com - I was thinking that he should point the www. name at this site (and the name without the www. - neither point this way as of this moment) so then we could have the equivalent stickers for our 'phoons. I don't know about you, but I'll feel slightly funny sticking a FordXR6Turbo.com sticker on my 'phoon. How much demand is there for these stickers from our new F6 contingent? Heck, if the site admin drives one, then shuuuurely...? Or should I just shut up, be thankful for what I can have now and buy one of the current ones?
  4. jdo

    My Computer

    If you want to attempt to see what programs are responsible for the network traffic (including internet traffic - it will monitor anything that talks IP) then try this product: NetLimiter You can use it to restrict the speed of different programs using your connection, as well as just seeing what's using it and how much. It's a free trial for NetLimiter, so this may aid you in diagnosing the problem. j.
  5. In AUD (damned k1w1s :lol: ) F6 Dealer $58950 + onroads Fleet ~$54000 + onroads 6T (MkII) Dealer $46350 + onroads Fleet ~$38000 + onroads E&OE - please correct me if my figures are out of date.
  6. Update! Put some pressure on a guy from the dealer - it's now on the line this Monday, due at the dealer on the 20th. As they have nothing to do at the dealership other than give it a vacuum and a wash, I'm hopeful that day will be a go-er. The guy did actually mention that with the factory shutting down for Christmas, they often go into overdrive. With any luck, it could even be the at the dealership by the 17th. Fingers crossededed.
  7. • EF Falcon Sedan (shared between Dad and I); 157kW and not a bad car to learn to drive in. • Currently a MY00 Outback wagon - I have sold this to my gf, as I actually love the car. So practical and comfortable; it's just a pity it lacks the gogogo of its cousin. We'll still have it for skiing and stuff, so that's all good. • Next, the 'phoon, hopefully before Christmas.
  8. Yeah. When I signed for the phoon, I was told that it would be one of the last of the first build run; I had the option of waiting for the second batch, delivery starting Feb, if I wanted to wait (or if I was too slow in signing). Looks like it'll be February anyway, judging by the news I've been getting That having been said, my actual contact (account manager?) at the fleet company got indignant on my behalf today aimed at the dealer, so big ups to George
  9. So when I first enquired about getting an F6, the delivery date was 'last week of November.' Then, a week later when I signed the papers, it was Dec 15. Then two days later, it was changed to 23rd December. "You mongrels," I said. "I was assured that the 15th was easily achievable. It's booked on a boat to Tassie on the 23rd. Any chance you can get it to me on the 21st, or even better the 18th?" The reply was an altogether unencouraging "I'll try my best." The fleet company rang me yesterday afternoon (at 5 minutes until beer o'clock) and said "the delivery date is now the 29th of December," as though this was good news to me. "I'll be interstate!" I protested. "Oh yes, we know that. I'm sure that Paul from <dealership> is trying hard to get it to you early. I just thought I'd let yu know. Bye!" Now, I know that these sorts of things happen with new cars and all, and that it's naive of me to expect it to be delivered on time, but YOU TOOLS, GIVE ME MY CAR ALREADY. I'm not really in a position to drive my current car to Tassie, and alterations to my well-laid plans won't be met kindly by myself or others. Thanks all for listening
  10. NRMA will insure an F6 Typhoon off the bat - I'm 23, AAMI Rating 1. $2800pa private, $2950pa business but extra to pay monthly. They haven't updated their online app yet to include it (so you can't get the $50 discount :( ). Shannon's was about $2960pa private, no extra to pay monthly.
  11. I don't think you've looked close enough then. The difference between base prices is about $13k. The RRP of the XR options that come standard on the F6 are around $10k - premium sound/luxury pack, brakes, wheels and more - and I'm willing to say that the engine upgrades are worth around $3k for my money. As for modding the engine, sure, do that - but remember that when I mod my F6, I'll still have started 30kW in front of you. The reason that I ordered an F6 (I'm a lucky bas*ard, aren't I?) is because when I specced out my 6T, it was only $2k cheaper than the F6 with the same stuff. You gotta love fleet company discounts. C'mon Dec 15 is all I can say right now
×
×
  • Create New...