Jump to content

gemms61

Member
  • Posts

    56
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by gemms61

  1. gemms61

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    Hi boost69 Tried to change the rear rotors today and couldn't get them off, I didn't want to go taking everything apart (in case I couldn't put it together again) so what exactly did you take off or loosen so the rotor would spin? Cheers
  2. gemms61

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    Had a chat to someone in the trade today re the shudder, seems to think its the design and size of the calipers that's the culprit, apparently when braking they flex and eventually puts the root r out of shape. Apparently previous models had it worst until they changed the caliper design? I don't know enough about brakes to comment but made sense.
  3. gemms61

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    I thought I'd check with Wholesale Suspension what's involved in the bushes, fell over when told its about $550. I'll get a set of rear DBA,s tomorrow off Vic performance and see how it goes. Thanks again for the input.
  4. gemms61

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    It's a bit of a pain considering the cost of rotors and pads, any thoughts on lower control arm bushes being to blame, I read a couple of threads last night where some guys got them changed over to Superpro which got rid of the shudder. Thanks spinr33 Had a good look at the fronts and they look fine, they should as they have only done around 5000klm, the rears are slightly grooved so hopefully another set of DB4000 will fix it.......if not it will at least look better. Cheers
  5. gemms61

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    Hi all As seems with most of you I got the dreaded brake shudder only 5000 KLM after having the rotors machined so I decided to replace with them with DB4000 rotors and EBC Red stuff pads. Worked great and had beautiful smooth brakes until I just clicked over around 5000 KLM and once again I can start to feel the shudder start to return. Since I can only feel it in the pedal and not the steering wheel I thought I'd change the rears as well. Could anyone let me know if they are as easy as the fronts to change, considering they house the hand brake shoes im not sure how involved it would be. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Also read a thread referring to bushes as the culprit so if someone has the magic answer I'm all ears. Cheers it's a 2010 G6E T with 55000klm
  6. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Thanks EvilDaifu I have had the Bendix Ultimate in my last car which were pretty good, are they the pad You are using?
  7. Hi Guys Recently had stock rotors machined after 35000klm but shudder is back after only 7000klm so ordered a set of DBA4000 slotted. My question is torque settings for the caliper bolts, can anyone advise on correct torque? Also have EBC "Red Stuff" pads installed which have been great so far (3000klm). Also for anyone looking at doing the same the DBA web site offers great videos, 4 in total, on fitting new rotors. Thanks for your help
  8. Thanks for the write up JakeF6' I know it's been a few months but I just read it. You have inspired me to change me speakers so I pulled off the door trim to get a good idea of how it all looks and I have a couple of questions I was hoping you could help with. 1. How did you identify the + and - wires, I could,nt see any markings on speaker or wires. 2. Changing the tweeter looks to hard as per your comments, if adding a 2 way to the front would I need to somehow disconnect the factory tweeter or just plug in the new Alpine 2 way and away I go? Hope you can help. Cheers Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  9. Not sure about fitting polly bushes, the Diff guy reckons you get a lot of noise through the car, he actually reckons you get a whine and to stay with the factory rubber. Have you had the Super pro fitted?
  10. Well got the Koni,s fitted today, had them adjusted to 1 full turn as suggested this would be a good start. Feels nice a planted, tried a quick run along a street that normally bottoms out the car but all good. Thanks to Josh and the guys at Wholesale Penrith. Next step is a Truetrack diff, got a price today for supply and fit @ $1700 (not at Wholesale suspension). Thanks all for the earlier advice.
  11. Cheers everyone, thanks for your advice
  12. Thanks XR09 One last thing, would the Ride change much in day to day city driving? I'm a rep and use the car mainly in the city until the weekend comes around so don't fancy vibration and noise coming through all day? Cheers
  13. Thanks Kroozin How does the price compare, the Koni,s were quoted at $1500 fitted which is a bit scary, I know the Billy's are not adjustable so should be a little cheaper. Cheers
  14. Hi guys Due to some scary moments while cornering alitle too quickly I am looking to firm up the ride on my G6ET a little without sacrificing the nice comfy ride. "Wholesale suspension" suggested king springs and Koni adjustable shocks which will set me back about $2000 I want to keep the nice ride so am concerned this will spoil the comfy side, any thoughts? Cheers Mick
  15. I'm with you. What do you all think of Kumho KU39 and Toyo Proxes T1 Sports These are my other options?
  16. No Idea, I didnt get to see them in the flesh, but the more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards a more well know tyre.
  17. Hi All Paid a visit to St George Tyres 2 Arncliffe yesterday as its time to get a new set. Simon (really helpul) suggested a set of ACI tyres for my new 19" rims. I cant find any info on the web or through the forums about these tyres so thought Id ask around for help. Apparently they are a Michilin copy. Any feedback greatly appreciated. Cheers
  18. Same with me, 30K klm and the standard Dunlops are due to get replaced (so say Ford). Fronts have gone like yours. Must be the norm.
  19. Thanks Johnny Cheers
  20. Thanks Johnny Not sure what the LSD diff is they quoted, it was from a diif guy in Hornsby. I will try to get used to it and see how it goes. I have also read that some tuning shops change the diff oil and claim it helps, any thoughts?? Cheers
  21. Thanks all The guys at Castle Hill Ford acknowledge the clunck and also a hum I get at 95klm or so and tell me its just the way the cars are and there is not much you can do but adjust my driving style. Not sure what to do but start backing off slowly as well. Cheers
  22. Thanks Johnny How is the car with a LSD, is there a noticeable difference in day to day driving or just when giving it a bit??? I looked into getting a LSD and was quoted app $1400 but the shop actually recommended not getting one??? strange, but they reckon it would make no difference. What are your thoughts? Cheers Mick
  23. Hi Guys (and girls) Anyone experiencing a clunking in their drivetrain when backing off from giving their G6E Turbo a bit of gas. my car is in for its 15000 klm service tomorrow and I thought I would get some feed back from someone else before Ford tells me "they have never heard of this problem before" and there is nothing wrong. Also been having problems with my passenger door mirror freeze in the down position after reversing and not come up again,although as the car is in tomorrow it has been working like a charm!! Any help appreciated. Cheers
  24. Thanks I ve just stuck a bit of black electrical tape over half the sensor and will see what happems tomorrow, if all good I will black out a portion of the sensor with a felt marker. Cheers
  25. Hi All Have a 2010 FG G6ET with the auto lights. The lighting for the instrument cluster is also auto, problem is I don't know how to turn them on when is getting dark.I have to wait for the car to decide when its dark enough to turn them on. Apart from covering the sensor on the dash does anyone know of an override?? Cheers PS The auto headlights are independant of the instrument lighting...meaning that turning on the headlights manually doesn't turn the intrument cluster lights on.
×
×
  • Create New...