Jump to content

iceberg01

Member
  • Posts

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by iceberg01

  1. The car is an FG manual ute.......recently upgraded to a 265 rear tyre so hoping that will handle the increased power
  2. Hi all, Sorry if this is a re-run but I am in Melbourne at the moment and am thinking of splashing the cash on a HPF upgrade. Its the 330 KW 'Venom' package which includes: - Flash tune - CAI mod - 60 lb injectors - Fuel pump upgrade - Before and after dyno - Labour for the above Does anyone have any experience or opinions with HPF......?? Cheers
  3. Low profile rubber will put everything in proportion.......maybe tyres too 'fat' at the moment..
  4. Jap rims in my opinion...... they have that race look, are very light and give you that 'individual' look. I have just fitted Enkei RPF1's on my FG ute and love the look.... You really only get one chance to get it right and there is just so much out there so good luck and post some pic's when its done. Cheers
  5. Just done 2500k on a long distance trip so thought I would rate these tyres (Fedreral SS 595) People talk about road noise but I am pleased to report that these tyres dont bash your eardrums as some have reported. They are definitely more quiet than the standard Dunlops and the grip is great. Many thanks to the guys at true-trac who have balanced these hoops just right.....The steering wheel is dead still at any speed. In 2500 K's I have driven on every single type of blacktop out there and thought it relevant to report the following.......with regard to road noise, if you are cruising on that 'course aggregate' bitumen that is so widely used, then you are going to get some growing regardless...... but I challenge any 'high end' euro ride to make more or less noise than mine does......but on the resurfaced roads that sport the racetrack like 'fine aggregate' bitumen, its so quiet that all you can hear is the 'howling' of the turbo as you ride that huge band of torque. At one point I had about an hour of the 'good stuff' and just wanted to drive all night......hearing only the engine and pushing hard into corners with so much confidence (Triple J abandoned now)...... The road was quite wet in some areas so I thought I would gear down and sink the boot just out of curiosity.....no probs and none of the usual 1st 2nd 3rd wheel spin......just plenty of grip...... I've gotta say that touring in the XR6 Turbo is just magic and even the long stints leave you feeling good and ready for more....BTW there is nothing out there that I've encountered that can match it for instant power on overtaking or just getting up to speed.... Its ALL GOOD..... Cheers, Jeff.
  6. Hey mate, Had to play it safe with the tyre choice because they were a special order from interstate, but I will take your advice and up the sizing to 285 - 295 on the rear as soon as they need replacing. Cheers, Jeff. P.S. Even with 265 on the rear I really do notice the extra traction. Should be at least this out of the factory but they dont like to stagger rims on Fords I suppose.
  7. Hey Worm, Must admit that I wasnt real happy with the outward dish on the front but old mate assures me that is the correct rim for this application. Stayed away from 19"s coz I do a lot of country miles and didnt want to risk the ride comfort. Cheers, Jeff
  8. Hi all, Been reading with much interest all your posts about rims and tyres and got some great information to help me make the right choice. Have just got my newies fitted so thought I would share some info. and pics with you all. Rims are Enkei RPF1 staggered pattern - Fronts 18 x 8.5 +30, Rears 18 x 10 +38 Tyres are Federal SS 595 - Front 235/40/18, Rear 265/35/18......they both have the same overall diameter They fit up great (no rolling of rear guards required....in fact I would think that you could get a 275 in there without any issues) and initial thoughts on the tyres are that they give much better grip than the stockies and I havent noticed any of the excessive road noise that others have reported. They have a wide protection bead and come up good with a wash and some tyre shine. Suprisingly, the 19" Enkei rims come with centre caps but the 18" dont so I held off on purchasing them ($165) to see if the standard Ford ones would fit.......they dont so I have the genuine ones on order. The rims were sourced from JDM Wheel Imports (Matt was great but you cannot speak to him.......his business is strictly on-line only) for $1685 delivered to my door in Northern Territory and the tyres from my local tyre guy for $930 fitted and balanced. All up, I am pleased with the end result and also with the price......once again I have you all to thank for the mountain of info. you have on this website. I will provide some more feedback on the tyres as they get a few miles in em. Cheers, Jeff.
×
×
  • Create New...