Jump to content

cramorr

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    157
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cramorr

  1. Sounds great Count us in, and no BBQ oooohhh but it was soooooo nice Craig and Marg hmmmm if I take Marg I have to drive slow!!!! decisions..decisions!!!!
  2. Please put me down for two, Marge and I had real FUN on the last two drives and the cooking was....... (looks around for Cro) Great Mate...fully sick mate!!!!! Oops it was beautifully cooked really!!!! Just remember rubber knives and plastic sauce bottles Am I allowed to use the Sat Nav?? Craig
  3. Wouldnt it be nice if someone from Ford came on a drive day with a boot full of goodies that we could purchase (any freebies would be acceptable) The interest that we gather by driving on mass along busy raods must be enough to make any Ford exec smile for weeks :D :D :D These are real cars with normal (well some are) folks enjoying their beautiful cars on a nice drive. How much would it cost Ford to have one of their staff drive along in a "demo" for the day. Sure they would have to put up with a few (heaps) of questions from a very knowledgeable crowd but we would allow them to go home..... maybe and chaining them to a tree at warragamba is not an option So come on Ford...we support this great car.....what about giving a bit back??
  4. Thanks Cro A great day...and soooo clever of you to arrange a fine day!!! Margie and I had a wonderful day out. Nice people with a common interest. It was great watching the "common" folk watch us drive by hehehehee. and thanks to all for keeping their heads on and not drawing any bad attention to ourselves Well done!!! even though it is very tempting Thanks for a great drive and a great day out
  5. Thanks Falchoon it was a bloody great day A nice quiet drive around Canberra (wink) well apart from pullin the redline in 2nd and 3rd up Mt Anslie...was I the only one?? Margaret and I had a great time and met some really nice people, thanks all for the effort. We will be a starter for the Sydney run. And all the way to Canberra and back without a ticket!!!! I must be gettin old!!! Thanks again Falchoon Craig
  6. Count me in After the Canberra trip....absofarkin lutly!!!!!!! Margaret and I would love to go on another drive.
  7. There are a few little problems but nothing compares to the great fun of playing with the performance, the joy of filling that gap in traffic, the power is there , anytime, in any gear. Boy..... it does put a smile on this face :D and I want to know if it is naughty to turn the traction control off on wet days for little bits of fun A great car......built to enjoy!!!
  8. Sunday in Canberra, count me in We will drive down to Canberra on the Saturday and then meet up with you guys on the Sunday morning at 11:30 at the Ford place. Then a nice quiet drive back to Sydney on the Monday I might even get the turbo under 17.4l/100km maybe...if I am good and we need to bring everything except the BBQ ok!! I'll be the smiling one in the Acid Rush Turbo Craig 0418 602 350
  9. A nice drive , followed by a BBQ would be great. :D I live in the Sydney CBD so anywhere from here is better than the City Kangaroo Valley, Blue Mountains. Late April or May ... fine
  10. My Baby Blew Up!!!!!!!!!!!! Turned the key and BOOOOMM!!! smoke from under bonnet no go panic still more smoke PANIC!!! jump out of car opened bonnet slowly..... hmmmm quick check nothing appears out of place that you can see of course. Left car for 10 mins. tried to start.. turned over and over cough fart cough started rough 3 maybe 4 cylinders tried to rev it no way turned it off. Rang Ford Roadside Assist, nice happy guy on phone, took my details, " yes Sir it does sound bad" " No dont drive it" "let me get you to service centre" Tray truck arrived within 10 mins, very careful with loading it as to not knock off any plastic bits. Arrived at Brad Garlick in Sydney They started it...same 3 cylinders hmmm with big air leak under bonnet. They found crankcase breather pipe blown off that hard to reach little bugger at the very back of engine rocker case behind the turbo pipes.....wrestle wrestle < insert language here> Fixed 5 mins max no cost all covered under Roadside Assist. Service guy Mitch, ECU looks at all the pressures and it is far to smart for its own good , it tries to make the engine run with 20mm hose sucking in fresh air. I wonder how much this ECU looks at with regard to turbo pressures, Intercooler backpressure, air density etc. I know this is all included in the ECU mapping but it is also looking for other inputs ie crankcase pressure. Started smooth as...... Phew the Baby is fixed Drove out of service...foot down...hmmmmm just bewtiful All back to normal another tank full of Optimax at $1.16 lt.
  11. :( I have a 3000k old XR6T and it is great...except the squeaky brake pedal, and my Biz partner ( yes we have two in the fleet) has a squeaky clutch pedal, we have been though the 300k check and it wasnt fixed oh well...back on the phone to Brad Garlick
  12. I have had the XR6T since early Dec and it is getting about 17.2lt/100km around Sydney. I only put Shell Optimax in it.
×
×
  • Create New...