Jump to content

sam_rigger

Member
  • Posts

    246
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sam_rigger

  1. ah ok, I've got a FG n/a ute, so I only need it for the front. and its called dynamat....
  2. where do you buy it from? Does it come in a roll or what? Rough price?
  3. No not weak points, I was referring to the clunky driveline noises and rollover noise from the TR6060
  4. Tr6060 is not sh*thouse it's just flawed in some areas. Like anything mechanical.
  5. Haha yeah. I was changing gears too early and too actively, I'm still a bit rough but better, I hate driving in traffic with this gearbox .
  6. my bad, I forgot the T56 was a 6 speed. I know for a fact its the TR6060 in the FG.
  7. wishes it was 5pm already...FARK!

  8. No, not in the FG. FG is a 6spd TREMEC TR6060, not a 5spd T56.
  9. Hi Guys, I have a 2010 FG XR6 UTE, 6sp Manual, EGR POWERBULGE LID, Mal Wood Short Throw Shifter, 4490's, Magnaflow Metal Cat, Custom 2.5" Catback Exhaust, XR8 Lower Airbox and Snorkel, K&N Filter, HPF Custom Tune w/ XCAL3. I live in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. tuned to 170rwkw @ the moment.
  10. really? bugger, that's ages! Least it's all sorted now, and for FREE!
  11. looks good, how hard are the foggies to replace? I don't know how to take them off ::(
  12. Also, Phantom is correct with the 4.85L for the 6cyl TR6060, fill to that measurement, not a 'level'.
  13. any of that 'clutch in. clutch out noise,' is rollover noise in the gearbox, its very common with the TR6060 gearbox. I wouldnt worry, they all do it. Better gear oil will improve the noise, such as Transmax Z or Mainlube 154, and so on. I have a 6sp man FG ute and its the same issues I've had. Trust me, I've asked EVERYONE from guys on here, to ford, to performance mechanics, and they all say the same thing.
  14. 1. what gearbox is it? Auto? Manual?
  15. good to hear, nothing worse that having your pride and joy off the road.
  16. After meeting up with Rusty I've come to the conclusion it's driver error, I'm being too gentle with it. Rusty drove it and it was great. So now I'm going to get practicing! Thanks Rusty fir meeting up with me, and Fark your car hammers!
  17. Holy sh... That's crazy cool!
  18. Ok I will mate. Thanks
  19. I think you should have a drive of mine and see what the box is like compared to yours. I rekon mine sux on take-offs.
  20. do you have the standard clutch Rusty? or an mal wood opt 3 or something? I'm thinking of getting the option 3 plus, would that effect the 'clunky' feel to the box?
  21. Thanks Rusty, I might do that. I can't tonight, but I will PM you and maybe tee up something this week? I'll see when you're free. cheers.
  22. UPDATE: Getting HPF to look at it on Thursday. Can't be bothered with FRAUD's Bullsh*t
  23. problem mostly lies when changing from first to second gear at lower speeds/revs, but I aslo find it hard to change smoothly from first to second from a standing start, I try and ease out the clutch but it still clunks or I have to really draw out my gear change. surely you must have some 'noise' in your TR6060, they are notoriously noisy. or are you talking about a ZF auto>?
  24. yeah I have but they keep saying its 'normal,' but I know it isn't. I'm in the eastern suburbs too which ford dealer do you recommend?
  25. Anyone have this problem>?
×
×
  • Create New...