Jump to content

lightning g6e turbo

Member
  • Posts

    83
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lightning g6e turbo

  1. thanks f6 mark and xxxrturbo, yes mate they are worms old wheels, just eats those 295 nitto's up on the rear. I just bought a fg xr8 bonnet for it getting painted right now. Once its done, I'll start getting all my go fast bits together ( already have pwr stepped cooler and piping fitted ) just looking for somewhere around the 300 mark, not sure with the 20's if I'll get there.Then im of to clinton from profile performance to get it tuned.
  2. Couple of mine after a wash. Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploade Uploaded with ImageShack.usd with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Hope these work.
  3. Ok guys, so im going to lower the g6e, my problem is who can I trust with my car to do the wheel alignment,1) to do a good job 2) look after my car. Im in sth east queensland work right next door to a well renouned suspension shop and I wouldn't trust them with a pram never mind my car. Any suggestions?? any one had a good experience??
  4. Hey wa g6et where have you now got the circlip situated on the front springs, have you now got it on the middle groove with the packer. I would have thought that with it on the middle groove it would have been around 345 all round which is what im looking for. I have the same set up as you if you remember I havn't had time to put them in yet. I just wanted to know does this set up ride hard and stiff, obviously it is stiffer than standard but is it really harsh.
  5. That beema looks like s#$t, see the gold looks cheap and nasty.
  6. Gold ????? are you sure, I hate gold looks cheap and nasty imho, they look good worm.
  7. Hi guys just my 2 cents worth, I'll be fitting a venom bolt in cat for my g6, great product great price perfect for my application and rwkw that I will be running.Great to see someone actually get on here and publicly admit that there was a problem but its now been fixed and warranty was offered, great customer service mate well done George this is another reason why im happy to deal with you. Michael.
  8. Saw XRCIST at pub lane shops on Saturday, Think I may have seen it earlier on near Grand Plaza shopping centre having alittle fun with a hsv.
  9. Saw 055 ETA on Johnson rd Forestdale 11.38am today.
  10. Arrh I see said the blind man as he walked into the lamp post. It still counts, doesn't it
  11. how is it old I only saw it today???? you mean he or it has been seen there before. Oh well still counts I still saw it I did I did im not still on zero im not im not
  12. spotted G6E TURBO EGO 349 SBU in vansittart shops outside the newsagents. Very noice.
  13. Arrr I've actually looked at the photo's better, that was on a sat. or sun. cause everyones closed, wondered how I could have missed youse. Sneaky very sneaky.
  14. Well well well how does Jono get mentioned on a ford website. I know Jon from JW RACING very well, in fact I work across the road at the nut and bolt shop, I've seen the gte up close and personal and yes it is very very nice, that's all custom made piping on that too, know the guy who did that as well. I must have been working to hard ( hahaha ) I didn't see any of you go up there for that photo shoot, he did tell me about it thou. And wheels from stylish wheels hey, im actually waiting on a set of rims from Z as well. How much of a small world is it. If your down that way again mate pop into the engineering shop that has a big sign saying nuts and bolts and ask for Mick, if I have time we can have a chat mate. Congrats on the car.
  15. Wow, ok I know my distance to empty is out, at 60 k's to empty I still have 12 litres left. I get around 650k's out of 56 litres of bp ultimate I only use ultimate. I do mostly sort of urban driving giving it abit here and there but compared to my xr8 that was tuned that only got 320 if I was lucky a tank, this machine is fantastic on fuel and goes better I would say. If my fuel ecomony is going to go down that much from a tune, then its staying standard. Im more interested in the drilled injectors in your case, why drilled and not just buy 60 or 80 pound injectors so you know that they are right, they could be dumping to much fuel in, I don't know but that would be where I would start if it were me. Maybe try putting it back to standard if possible and see whether that fixes it. Sorry cant be much more help than that, but im sure the guys on here will get you sorted mate, good luck, let us know how you go.
  16. Bionic can you pm me clints details as to where he is at, im sth side bris. and looking for someone other than elite to do the tune. Thanks mate.
  17. So the ssl's will only drop an xr by 10mm if the starting height is 365, I have a g6e turbo its 375 both front and rear I would like to sit it 340- 345 front and rear, I can't believe that im going to have to go like a ssssl to get that, its only 30mm. If you look at most of the ones for sale on ebay they say 30mm approx. for a sl, I can't believe that these things are so hard to get right, surely if your doing these things day in day out you would have to know how much they are going to drop a certain car.Bomber I didn't want to name the packer but yes same as yours THEY SUCK I hated them and in the end did not pay for them because I told them this is not what I wanted and they should be able to get it right. If you can possibly get rid of them my advise is to do it, my xr8 wouldn't turn in properly it would roll before turning in then push you had to lift and then adjust and back into it again and bounce hell yeah.Shock would probably help yes but why should you have to buy them ( if you didn't want to ) just because they can't get it right. I think it should be a case of we will get it right first time no packer or you get it for free or at a reduced price because you are not getting what you asked for, yaeh right this would ever happen. I have a fulcrum right next door to me at work I will go and ask them tomorrow whats what and see what they come up with.
  18. Ok, so this is blowing me away, I was under the impression that the sl 's would drop the car by 30mm and ssl's by 50mm and so on, is this not the case, with my ba xr8 we had to do front springs 3-4 times and in the end had to have 10mm packers put in and you could definately feel it, handled like sh%t and bounced on them. This was done by a very well known shop up here in bris. with king springs there measurements were way off, swore I would never ever have king springs again. Just my experience,I think the only way to get exactly what your after is to go coilovers that way you can set them to what you like.
  19. JASFG did your airbox sit up on an angle as bomber's did, I wouldn't like that either.Not doubting you at all bomber just wasn't sure how long ago you did yours and whether they ended up finding a way and changed it.
  20. Ok so it can be done, maybe they have made a few changes to make it fit.In any case would be so much easier if they have and it will fit. Isaac mate would be very interested in your final out come mate.
  21. So my question is then,is the piping bigger or are their pipes bent differently cause as I said it all fits with the standard piping. Looks like I might have to go with the custom bending to make sure it fits.
  22. ok I only ask because I have an xr8 airbox with standard pipes it fits ok, so if they are standard size they should fit shouldn't they.My bloke wants to do custom pipes to avoid any problems but these would be an easy fix if they would fit.
  23. hey guys does this coolerworx kit have the same size pipe as the standard one.
  24. Yeah dead right that is a real good point worm, im with luxjet who does that and does anyone know a rough price pls.
  25. Guys awesome info. thanks. Dillz its your car that has made me abit worried.The roads out here are at best crap, so yours would hit for sure. So it looks like its +38 for the back, now its just the front +33 or +35, I think yours is + 32 isn't it dillz?
×
×
  • Create New...