-
Posts
77 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by bluedragon
-
Ive posted before re this same topic a few times and checked my car into 2 reputable performance garages in Melb AND a Diff specialist AND had the car checked by the foreman at Jeff Ford and im still pulling my hair out trying to get to the bottom of this damn CLUNK . This has to be one of the most perplexing/confusing/complicated problems imaginable ! Otherwise someone would have figured it out by now. Everyone has a different opinion .... The latest is that an amatuer (previous owner) has tinkered somehow with the oil pressure that controls the 4spd auto by possibly drilling allowing more oil to flow, or tampering with the valve body or solonoid . I was told the Diff bush and other bushes under the car look ok and its a $1200 plus job to fix them all but it might only help reduce the clunk by a mere 5% . Problem occurs when the auto has to quickly shift down 2-3 gears , so when im cruising at say 90klms , the auto is in 4th, and I flatten the accelerator pedal, the auto shifts down to 2nd , and Bang , Clunk , goes into gear with a thud . You can hear it and feel it . Does anyone have any similar experiences with getting this thud after tampering with the oil pressure that controls the Gearbox ?
-
Mate I have an 04 Ba 4spd XR6T and all I did to it was Cold air intake Box and Tune , it now has 310hp at the wheels or 235 rwkw , ... standard it had somewhere around 190 rwkw , the mods cost me only $1500 and it really made a difference .. best bang for buck you can get if im not mistaken .
-
Steel Front Grille Mesh Xr6T Where ? Plz !
bluedragon replied to bluedragon's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
I want something aftermarket , the original grille detracts from the cars look, makes it look cheap -
Steel Front Grille Mesh Xr6T Where ? Plz !
bluedragon posted a topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
Hi all ive read through a few topics on aftermarket Grille Mesh for an XR6T Ba but ive come up scratching my head stuffing around on ebay looking at cheap plastic grilles sprayed chrome ! No No , so tacky .... So who makes proper steel / chrome aftermarket front grills for BA XR's ? HIPSI got one done that looks TRICK as but apparently cant get em for poor old Ba's ... :( Any ideas plz ? -
Same delusion occured in my mind after thinking someone stole it in Chinatown on a night out, after calling the previous owner I realised I didnt buy it with one. Doh lol
-
Anyone Got Sum Advice Modifying Original Spoiler?
bluedragon replied to bluedragon's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
thank you maate ... great help :-) -
Anyone Got Sum Advice Modifying Original Spoiler?
bluedragon replied to bluedragon's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
yeh your probably right anyway m8 ... anytime in the past I try the cheap option it usually doesnt work but im still curious to see if anyone has tried it and what it looks like modified -
How Many Klms Before Its Time To Sell Your Xr6T ?
bluedragon replied to bluedragon's topic in XR6 Turbo
I like the reference to the million klm taxis running around, think ill keep my XR for a while :-) still be good to hear from people who have done really high k's in these turbos and whats gone wrong . -
THis question might be interpreted as how long is a piece of string etc but im trying to gauge when on average you get to a point in an XR6T BA before its considered financially perilous to keep replacing / fixing bits and when to weigh up selling. What is likely to start costing $$$ and at what point on average klm wise if you drive your vehicle in a moderate fashion, no drag strip meets or severe misuse, with proper servicing and maintenance . This might represent the average use of these cars and be a good guide for people to follow if I can get some feedback ? Any help appreciated. Im up to 144000 klms in mine with nothing much worse than a rebuilt auto 4 spd , brake upgrade and THAT annoying diff backlash . Apart from these relatively minor complaints I love this car to bits but trying to figure whens the best time to sell to avoid major wallet opening ! Whos done high k's in these things and what stories can they share ?
-
Whats The Best Non H/brake Method For Take Off ?
bluedragon replied to bluedragon's topic in Track & Strip Racing
personally , if I went to the drags ever, it would be on a bike , something like an R1 , dont have the cash to break and jazz up the car . Yeh just some fun at the lights really , nothing serious. I love the feel when the engine hits its sweet spot and you really feel the car hammer. Just when I take off I dont feel it , and I dont want to break things I only recently paid the car off. Thanks for your input mate , appreciate it. -
Whats The Best Non H/brake Method For Take Off ?
bluedragon replied to bluedragon's topic in Track & Strip Racing
ok cheers also wanna know if it will tax the car -
Hi all , essentially im a motorbike rider who owns an XR6T , it has 235rwkw , smashed it last week but its getting repaired , chick ran a red . My question is how do I launch the car from standstill when the handbrake is weak as piss ? Can I hold my foot on the brake pedal and accelerate and then let it go at 3000 rpm ? I tried it once but I was wondering if im putting the car under undue stress , anyone know also what might break if I launch like this.. ? I have a BA, 4spd auto , (rebuilt stronger than factory )
-
ok good to know , guess if it looks the same except for the middle leg then it doesnt bother me ... I was curious as to why it was missing . cheers
-
not yet buddy ... im low on cash atm so the car wont go to get looked at soon but when I get it sorted ill post up what the problem was and let you know... ive been getting suguestions from people so I have a better idea for a solution and dont get ripped off by someone
-
sorry for delay replying .. $90 ? yeh id buy it for that -- my number is 0404 009 408 justin thx for advice m8
-
its good to get someone elses feedback and info on Preston Autos , good info re the clinic BA ok , that's three different members inc yourself sugguesting that so could be onto something cool , that sounds like some precise advice , cheers m8 ok thanks for the input
-
if there are bits missing from it its probably not worth the hassle but thanks anyway m8 , if it had the centre piece, for $150 id get it for sure , I found a joint that sells them for $300 , primed and ready to be painted in the cars colour
-
there is no low rev vibration .. I already had that problem , it was a broken engine mount, and it got fixed, but it had no effect on the mystery clunk noise yep your right I have no low rev engine vibration so its not an engine mount, actually had that replaced a while ago , but ill try your advice out . thx mate
-
hmm now that sounds like good advice, thank you I had to use my jack just recently when I blew my 20" $700 rear rim and tyre on a pothole , so I know the jack is in properly and the spare just fits in the donut hole so that's not moving either but hey, anything is possible I guess preston automatics and differentials ... in melbourne.. ownners name is Andrew .. really down to earth decent bloke . he himself owns an xr6t and so does his work collegue, cant get better than that. for $6000 , they say if you break it, you get a new one . some of his rebuilt auto 4spds in BA xr6t's are hitting 9's in the quater mile.
-
yep the probelm clunk was there before the rebuild and is still there and I havent modded anything else . just the tune ,cold air intake and rebuilt box. rebuilding the auto eliminated the delayed clunk I was having. yes to all above !
-
My car has just had a basic tune, (done by a performance garage) , and cold air intake box, it has 235 rwkw, and yes I got the 4spd auto rebuilt to handle up to 280rwkw, the auto rebuilder offered 3 levels = 1.factory spec rebuild $1600___ 2.up to 280rwkw (mine) $2200 with transcooler and____ 3.to handle unlimited hspwr ,unbreakable! $6000 . And yes I do notice slightly harder,bumpier gear changes at normal gear changing speeds(which kinda irritates me), but rebuilding the auto did actually help to eliminate the 1-2 second delayed CLUNK when accelerating that was occuring ,but is now gone. I also had the factory shift patterns restored with the tune to eliminate any chance that some previous owner had tampered with them.I cant explain how much this CLUNK annoys the *#@* out of me ! :/ hmm havent heard that theory but it seems unlikely m8, why would it occur only when downshifting 2 gears or more,but 1 gear downshift it doesnt ? I do also get low speed clunks, who knows maybe your right, im no expert for sure had it replaced and checked and its A ok apparently
-
Hello , ive posted before re this problem, and had many a so called expert look at the car , but still no conclusion or fix. A massive CLUNK somewhere in the driveline, underneath towards the back of the car. Heres the confusing part.... its only REALLY bad when the Auto downshifts from 3rd-4th TO 2nd or 1st , when I floor it , anywhere between 50-100klm p/hour.So im sitting on b/t 50-100 klms p hour , then I nail it and the auto clicks down 2 gears or more, then when the auto selects the lower gear and engages... BANG! , baad noise . But if it changes down one gear its fine and when I accelerate from standstill it changes up gears flawlessly without the Clunk ? wtf ? Its got a new diff bush , new rebuilt auto ( 4spd ) , and all play tolerances appear to be within correct ranges with the diff, tailshaft , bearings, bushes etc.... Any ideas ? I have an 04 BA Turbo with 140 ooo klms. I dont want to get my wallet raped by some so called expert fixing things that cost me a fortune and arent the problem until by process of elimination he finally fixes it.....$5000 later.. any ideas plz ?
-
-
yep a price and pic would be great m8
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.