-
Posts
516 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Rusty XR6T
-
it gets down to around 2 degrees c in there, works quite well with no condensation problems yet
-
March would be good, I am completely flat out in Feb
-
Great Ocean Road Cruise 2011
Rusty XR6T replied to Rudiger's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
I know its very unlike me to get back on topic but the numbers are slim at the moment so I might get Jamie to drive her own car, what you think Rudiger? PS off topic are we still on for the recky this weekend? -
Calder are holding open practices as well, not sure on the price but looks like a lot of fun
-
Anyone In Vic With A Loud Bov
Rusty XR6T replied to Rudiger's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
For some reason both of these colours is called Acid Rush, are you taking out the Blue Breeze mate -
Great Ocean Road Cruise 2011
Rusty XR6T replied to Rudiger's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
do as your told sorry mate had to be done -
Caution: See Post 11. Bought some H11 LED Fog lights last week off ebay, they arrived within 1 week... I know shock horror right they have 102 High Intensity LED's The colour of my HID head lights is 6000K, I believe the new LED Fog Lights are 4,800K so close enough anyway here they are and the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320628319936&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT in order 1. Normal OEM Light 2. New LED Light 3. New Lights Fully Fitted 4. New Lights with HID Headlights yes yes I know the car is filthy in these pics
-
PM me and we can catch up, im pretty much free all week
-
I have standard clutch at the moment, dont have any problems with it at the drags, no problems running 12.89 anyway once all the mods are done and the car is 320rwkw I'll definitely be doing the clutch then! a heavier clutch is always going to be different to the standard one, it really depends on what you call clunky mate. a few people have bagged the FG manual saying the clutch is too heavy the box is crap me personally the clutch feels fine and box works perfectly. the box makes some moans and groans and sometimes doesnt feel as smooth as other cars, but remember the box is attached to a 4ltr in line 6, not a 2 ltr ricer
-
Fg Xr6T Ute 6 Speed Manual - Getting Tune Done
Rusty XR6T replied to pelagonia_F6's topic in General Tech
turbo max'd out on the FG at 320 unfortunately, I do suspect a clutch will need to be added in there somewhere. my stock FG XR6T manual runs high 12's so I suspect with good clutch work and gear changes maybe mid 11's? im sure someone with similar power figures will jump in and tell you what their doing, that will probably give you a better indication -
dont forget scrutineering and all that stuff either im sure when rudiger gets some feedback and posts an actual event he'll get the scrutineering list from the track so we can all make sure the cars are up to scratch safety wise. Do you still need to put tape over glass headlight lenses and all that other stuff? im pretty sure they allow passengers in the cars at these events
-
yer no idea unless you hear it, my box feels pretty loose and clunky when it gets hot, but to me it feels better... when the box is dead cold in the morning its a real b!tch to get the sucker into second until it heats up. my FG has done 45,000km now and over that 45,000km the gear box was feeling better and better, but at my recent service they did my clutch fluid and must of done a few other things cause now the box is as tight as anything again
-
How To Tell If Its The Longer Or Shorter Spring
Rusty XR6T replied to scottay's topic in Suspension and Handling
265mm sounds like you would need the longer springs but I wouldn't quote me on it. Personally I have an FG but recently I helped a member on here lower his BF MKII and he used the longer springs. Why dont you just call Wholesale Suspension and give them the measurements -
if you want you can call past rowville and check out mine to compare, cars a XR6T manual. theres plenty of opinions of clunks in the drive trains on these manuals, about 1,000,000 of the opinions have been expressed on this forum Really depends on what you consider to be a normal operational clunk or a there's a real problem clunk! PM me if your interested
-
Anyone In Vic With A Loud Bov
Rusty XR6T replied to Rudiger's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
can I come along? I just like to see my car on video -
I looked into this a while ago, pretty sure Winton was like $3000 for the day with out a timing marshal and somewhere like Haunted Hills was like $1800 without a timing marshal. Im pretty sure you can go on the track with a day license (I think around $90) or a CAMMS Level 2 Speed will suffice. If it all comes off im in for sure
-
Great Ocean Road Cruise 2011
Rusty XR6T replied to Rudiger's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
sorry -
Diy Aluminium Intercooler Pipe Bead Roller
Rusty XR6T replied to conrad's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
why dont they just roll the bead when they make the pipe? paying a fortune for pure slackness! this is a great DIY, I just hate the fact that you have to do it. it would take the end user anywhere from an hour on to do this themselves, the machine shop these pipes come out of already have the beading tools, the pipes are already there to get cut, bent, polished etc -
Great Ocean Road Cruise 2011
Rusty XR6T replied to Rudiger's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
should we get into me being up your ass on 3 tyres again now bonnet mounted Uzi's is interesting, M16's might be good! better stopping power, off to the drawing board I go... with your battery relocation you could fit anything in there mate, might as well go for the rocket launcher while your at it! When a copper pulls you over and says why is there a rocket launcher on your car you can say "no no its not a rocket launcher its an anti Expensive Daewoo Astra tool" man its a slow day at work today and I've had way too many V's back to the topic... whatever that is -
Great Ocean Road Cruise 2011
Rusty XR6T replied to Rudiger's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
yer but he doesnt hold my hand, the trooper bloody falls asleep not sure how he falls asleep through tight hairpin twisties, I remember last time you radioed "how is he, is he getting sick" I look over and hes got the seat reclined having a nap. If I ever finish the car computer and have the 360 installed he can play COD -
Great Ocean Road Cruise 2011
Rusty XR6T replied to Rudiger's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
ok so chuck the boy in my car, we'll go for a cruise then stop off at Wye River for a while and he can go boogie boarding. You know the only way you'll get him to come is if he comes in my car -
mate I dont know what it is about this shot, but it is one of the best I've ever seen, I absolutely love it
-
I love the open engine bay! is it just me or is the F6 ute out of focus? you can see it on the writing on the calipers. It might just be me though, I just fired up a high intensity LED and not expecting it to actually fire up I was looking straight at it, so everything seems blurred at the moment
-
perhaps a date that doesn't coincide with any of the cruises?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.