-
Posts
227 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by gassit
-
G'day Stang You are not pulling out of the deal you just want to upgrade. If the salesman won't budge then talk to the Sales Manager, then the General Manager or Dealer Principle. Pick a busy time to visit as with the new open plans of dealerships they hate a scene in the show room. Be forthright and firm about what you want and if you have to be, be loud.(Not rude) I have done deals for my company cars over the years and salespeople have tryed to stiff me with freebies to get the deal and when delivered there not on the car. I yell and b**ch and moan until I get my way. Tell them what you want and don't be swayed remember, your the customer and doing them a favour by shopping at their dealership not the other way around. Keep us informed, Good Luck, Steve p.s.Bring on the 6 speed
-
Mine 40K's different and discussed with the dealer and he owned up that they had returned it back to "0" but the scan tool doesn't reset the A or the B settings. Chucked in a tank of petrol at 1st service. Steve
-
Hi Dutchie, We had the edit on the same day from different tuners and I will tell you how my car runs 1. Power character up to 3000rpm about 25% greater than stock and very nice feeling. 2. Above 3000 rpm it's outrageous and feels fantastic.(5 year old daughter says " do that tummy thing Dad") 3. No flat spots and minimal lag. 4. Rob said that he was not a 100% happy with the 95ron tune and said don't use it until you have run a tank of 95 through it with stock tune loaded and it's in today for a tweak on that tune. I know that you are local to me (Langwarrin) we should catch up and have a chat , a coffee and I can take you for a spin. As Macka said " these cars can be Physco in the wet put in your stock or valet tune" Regards Steve 0419870103.
-
Car Movie..........................Vanishing Point. Funny Movie.......................Holy Grail. Sci Fi.................................Star wars. What the F*#k movie ..........Butterfly Effect.( an asolute spin out) Love Story..........................Mr Turbo Saves Bambi. Action Movie .......................Terminator series. Animated movie...................Shrek 1 & 2. Classic Movie........................Big Wednesday. Regards Steve.
-
-
Hey Rob You can't keep it a secret any more please tell us why Bambi. As for who put the info in your signiture he has a habit of doing it look at my signiture.( Geea Fan Club my eye) How I really feel is under my Avatar. Steve P.S read your email from me. Story_20Meet_20The_20Yowie0.pdf
-
Hi Dutchie, I had the edit installed the same day as you though different tuner. Rob Said to me if you hear any funny noises that don't seem right put the factory tune back in after noting when it happens. e.g. Pinging @4500 under load or rattle under full throttle and he will make adjustments like taking timing out at certain rpms etc. I have also have a 95RON tune when 98 isn't available. Take it back to Mario and he will fix it, I'm sure as he is a responsibe tuner. I would put the factory tune in it until he looks at it then nothing will break. Kind regards Steve
-
How on earth do they get something out of doing this? It is just beyond comprehension that any body can get a kick out of this. Hope it works out. Steve
-
There a small hole in the muffler, and it's making a bit more noise now. A stone must have pierced it .... mufflers are made pretty thin these days. Brian Cheers Brian, All Hail to the Master. Steve
-
Adam, Thanks mate catch up for a drink at kittens again soon. Bugster, Cheers, no point growing up, you end so boring that your kids won't talk to you and never ever thrash your car with the missus in it. Blueboost, Thanks for the kind words. Cobra, Can't answer as I'm a lazy s@#t with an auto. I drove to Lilydale and back today! WoooooHoooooo. Hmmmmmmmmmm...........................................Boost. Steve
-
SWMBO wouldn't know if her life depended on it. 1. CAI 2. K&N Filter. 3. King Springs. 4. HPF Edit. Footnote she had her first drive of my car last night with the valet tune in and said "whats all the fuss about my Pajero is quicker than this". Hmmmmmm she will never want to drive it again. Next on the agenda. Centre muffler Cat Valve springs Injectors. Steve.
-
Well done Duthcie. I got mine yesterday as well. Might see you on Sunday at the Phillip Island cruise. Steve.
-
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I picked my car up from HPF at 5:00 last night and had a chat to Rob about the results. 1. Stock run just whisker over 200rwkw. 2. 98 Tune just over 249rwkw. 3. 95 Tune just on 239rwkw. That's all I will say about kilowatts as they mean zip to me. The car power is like a train and just pulls and pulls right through the rev range. Run #1 pull up at the lights first row. Slot performance mode and wait till the light turns green next to an old vt clubbie. Take off with some caution and once rolling nail it well the rears chirped through 3500rpm till about 5000rpm, time to slot 2nd chirp, and then just pulled away from the clubbie till 100k's then back off. I went home and grabbed Jackson my 9 year old who keeps my modding a secret from SWMBO and took him for a blast on our own little bit of smoooth straight road and he says " Hey DAD this is cool" $30.00 a Kilowatt is just about the best value I can think of. Thanks to the guys at HPF and who could believe that a little black box could give you so much excitement. My next project is to either take it to Calder or Heathcote and give it a run, then decide to take the next step. I have had the pleasure of being in Craigs car with the race map and sticky tyres and his car is awsome. The danger I see is that this is addictive. Thanks Rob and HPF. Steve. My smile is so wide that my mouth hurts.
-
Only 250 or so minutes to go not that you would be watching the clock or anything. Looking fwd to hearing the results. My guess is that you will be trading in the towel for a queen size doona
-
Any one else spewing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Out in Sympathy Steve.
-
Agree with the opening post and with Jewels. I really think we should start a political party based on common sense. We'd win in a landslide and have a much better country for it. Geea. Geea......................................Prime Minister. Lumpy....................................Social Security Minister. Buf-Phoon...............................Industrial Relations Minister. Please post up who in the forum would have the right stuff to have a role in government.(for fun) Just some examples. Steve.
-
Only just turned 18. Just kidding I have 4 kids and haven't grown up a bit since I was 18, I've only got older!!!!! That's the great thing about being a bloke were not expected to grow up. Cheers, Steve P.S. That's Kid #2
-
It was dropped off today at HPF for the edit and I can't wait till 5 0'Clock to pick it up. I will post up after I have had some fun out on the road tomorrow. Regards Steve
-
Hey JB, He looks like Mike Whitney not the Hoffmeister. Steve.
-
G'day Dave Good to meet you on Friday night and a very well done for your PB. We should catch up as your on the pennisula. George has my details. Steve
-
Hey George, Look's the goods in the photo's can't wait to see in the flesh. I will chase your springs up this week and let you know. Mines booked in for Thursday at HPF. We should make Kittens a regular occurance every month. How does Craig do what he does, well it's a dirty job and someones got to do it. Steve
-
G'day Adam, Fantastic effort must have been the red bull and vodka on friday night. Was great to meet you, your Dad, Dave, Nick, Craig and of course George on Friday night at the cattery. Again well done and bring on the "9's" Steve.
-
G'day guys, Have owned my T for 30 days now and what a rush. Kilometres 5500 I had my car lowered at HPF with springs supplied. Rob's mechanics did a great job with the front and the rear being aligned.( Front SL and the back SSL) Very happy. First service has been done with the factory flash and the car went heaps stronger after the sevice than before it. Booked in for edit on Thursday with high expectations. After discussions with Rob he suggest's that I try the edit first then progesss from there. I'm not after killer KW's but, responsive low down power and some form of economy. My tunes will be, 1. Wife tune rev limeter at 3000 RPM.( She hasn't driven it yet) 2. 95 Octane tune. 3. 98 Octane highest possible tune without valve springs or injectors. I have had over 20 late model company cars over the last 30 years and this car is the 2nd car I have owned in that time. I can hang a towel off my @#$%^& every time I drive it. I can't wait till next thursday night. I will keep you informed about how it goes after the edit. Regards Steve.
-
I ordered mine 15th March and it was delivered on the 23 June. I have been in it for month and have 5000 ks of pure excitement. I have had over 20 cars in my life but nothing comes even close to this as a daily driver. Steve.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.