Jump to content

petchyboy

Member
  • Posts

    76
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by petchyboy

  1. I will definitely raise the actuator theory with them and see the response I get. Car is going back in on the weekend or early next week, very frustrating to be getting messed about. Cheers for all the help, will post back when I know more.
  2. Thank you for the reply, the shop that has done the work has tuned many Xr6t and I have the dyno sheets to confirm the power gains. But the more research I do into the matter seems more than likely that I'll have to get it tuned now before something else goes completely pair shaped. The whole spec I asked for was extra performance without voiding the new car warranty! Seems now I either suffer the financial loss and go back to stock, or get the tune and 'hope for the best' that nothing goes wrong during the warranty period that will cost me extra dollars...... With the over boost, I was told the ECU had certain parameters that it works to ensuring that situation doesn't occur, the same goes for the AFR. I find it hard to believe that a reputable, established performance company could be so misinformed about all of this? Anyway sounds like the only solution really is the tune.
  3. Thanks for the reply, I asked the question many times of different people about needing the tune, and the verdict was if it is dyno'd, and the result of the AFR was fine, and it wasn't over boosting then it wasn't a problem? I'm not exactly car smart, but speaking with different people and performance companies, this was their response. Not knowing much about it I can only go off what these 'professionals' tell me. The low rwkw result was unexpected, but the gain of the exhaust and CAI, was more than expected.
  4. I have just had the X-Force system put on my car. Stainless Steel all over, 4" Dump, 3.5" hi flow cat, daul 2.5" pipes at the rear. Also added a growler cold air system. Power went up 64RWKW! Much more than anyone had anticipated. The noise of the system is incredible. Not overly loud, next to nil drone on cruising speeds, but brilliant burble and flow on acceleration. Highly recommended, what prices have you been quoted?
  5. Hi all, Just had a new exhaust system and cold air put on my 09 FT XR6 Turbo, which took it from 213RWKW to 278RWKW. But since then had major issues. Initially it was the inter cooler pipes which were splitting at the clamping points and coming off, typical cheap rubber. These have now been replaced with stainless steel piping. Next to go was the Waste gate switch, which basically let 80% of my boost go. Currently my tuner has a manual bypass in, with the boost set to around 8psi as opposed to the factory 13psi, to be safe until a permanent fix can be sorted. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues after these types of modifications, and any solutions for this? As we haven't adjusted boost or any other factory settings, it seems weird that this part would complain and not function correctly. The boost does come on 500RPM earlier but I wouldn't think this would matter? At this stage I'm not looking at getting a tune done until warranty expires, the dyno showed the AFR was all good, and no other reasons to be alarmed. Thanks for any feedback
  6. Best price I could get was 45k on road with premium sound, tech pack, tinted windows. Manual turbo sedan. tried about 4 dealers, and this was the best price by about 3k! Its a sept 09 build.
  7. I was suprised with some dealers, that wouldn't go below 50k, I told them it was far too much and they didn't want to budge at all. So I went to other dealers. Went through about 5 places before settling with the price I got. People are still selling second hand T's for over 40k!
  8. hi guys, I've just got myself a new Xr6t manual in ego with premium sound and tech, with tinted windows brand new for 45k, was the best deal I could find.
×
×
  • Create New...