Jump to content

THCOOK

Member
  • Posts

    58
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by THCOOK

  1. I had the same problem but it got alot worse once I put the boost up and it was a valve spring issue also I would be changing PCV Valve on top of rocket cover if your loosing oil somewear also check out the inlet of your turbo you could be burning oil thru it.
  2. hello mate they will not fit as the bolts on a ba/bf are east west and the fg is north south. I just put a tr6060 in my ba and had to get a fg shifter then modified to shorten it.
  3. went with FG f6 engine with billet oil pump and engine oil cooler. gone with a very safe tune of 365 @ 16psi 1000nm so pretty good. next will be surge tank and exhaust as I still have standard dump pipe and e85 tune. then it should be turning out some big numbers..
  4. cheers mate just got it back happy happy happy. Ali never lets people down....
  5. the hard thing is getting these second class mechanics to take responsibiltiy for there bad work . They all seem to blame someone or something else. This guy who im dealing with tried to tell me that a rag in the engine would not cause this kind of damage it would cause a bad knocking noise and bearing problems with the cams.
  6. Hello a little up date in regards to preivous post about a blown motor. My mechanic had told me that the guides for the timing chain had given way and caused the engine to go boom. Upon further investagation we completely stripped the engine and to our amazement there was some work carried out by another mechanic (which I will not name until the matter is resolved) who had replaced the valve springs and injectors about three months ago. When we pulled the sump off the motor we found it to full of fibers from a rag that was used buy this mechanic when he was changing the springs. Apparently they put a rag in the opening at the top of the timing case cover to stop anything falling down there. Well this must of been left there. It caused my turbo to blow in two days blockage of oil feed line then after two months or so it got the better of my engine clogging up the oil pump cause the engine to drop oil pressure and then ultimatly letting go by the chain shearing the teeth off the cams and causeing massive engine damage. This car has been owned by me from day one it has been never opened up and has always been meticuously looked after since it was purchased.The minute I let my guard down and let someone who I don't know and later found out should not trust I was consumed blown turbo and then engine and 12k later someone has take responsibilty.
  7. ha ha the car would not make it off the dyno in one peice... if you tried to squeeze that kind of power. I wass pushing 385rwkws out of a ba 5 speed. clutch lasted one dat box one week moter one month, and it was tuned by arguebley the best tuner in oz.
  8. cheers mate great while it lasted 8 weeks. and I don't drive the car like its stolen. but it looks like im going with fg f6 bottom which has forged rods and a semi forged piston and also doing the oil pump just to be safe. should safley handle close too 400rwkw .without any dramas.
  9. what is the best option? is it rebuild or replace with fg f6 engine what would be difference in $$$$. I was running 17psi with 385rwk's and the timing guides gave way hence losing oil pressure.BOOOOMMM. so im going to still run this set up with either of the options mentioned. Doe's anyone now what are the internals of a fg f6 engine like do they have stronger internals then previous turbo engines.
×
×
  • Create New...