-
Posts
126 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Verve
-
I am suffering a bit of sag when fully loaded with tools and towing my car trailer. (Once a month) I was thinking of fitting the Firestone Ride-Rite airbags to the rear end. Has anybody installed these on their ute? Are there any other options to stiffen the rear end?
-
*Beep*, I obviously know much more than all of the tuners out there, cause "I read it on the internet" and my "mate said so".
-
Is this thread a joke? I had to read it twice, cause I couldn't stop laughing.... I now understand why mechanics send away people that say "I read on the internet..." or "My mate said" I'd love to see the effects of compressor surge on these cars.
-
Yes the 18V Wrench. http://www.hitachi-powertools.com.au/productdetails.aspx?Product=WR18DL(HD) and the Impact Driver http://www.hitachi-powertools.com.au/productdetails.aspx?Product=WH18DL(HD) and the Drill http://www.hitachi-powertools.com.au/productdetails.aspx?Product=DV18DL(HL) and the Vacuum http://www.hitachi-powertools.com.au/productdetails.aspx?Product=R18DL(H4) and Three batteries, a Hitachi Bag and a cASE.
-
I ended up buying the Hitachi Cordless Impact wrench. Only problem is that I also ended up with a new Cordless Impact Driver, Cordless Hammer Drill and Cordless Vacuum. Dam EOFY sales!!!
-
I am looking at buying a cordless wrench driver? Basically, I will use this for changing wheels. I have seem some guys in the pits using Hitachi Cordless Wrench drivers. Any recommendation's?
-
So I have more details: The new Flexiglass Smooth Canopy for the FG is more expensive than the Carryboy if you need the optional roof racks. So the Carryboy looks like it will cost $3560 plus $380 for the Pet Mesh Screens fitted. I also like the Side Windows and locking mechanisms better on the Carryboy better than the Flexiglass. Although the Flexiglass Canopy shape looks nicer. I think I will go for the Carryboy, but a just under $4k I am wondering whether I really need it.
-
Thanks, I found the rest of the info.
-
Hiro, Thanks. Do you have any other photo's? The pic in the post is very dark. Also, what do you charge for the Dual Gauge Pod? Will these fit the standard auto-meter gauges?
-
I have seen few cars with Dual Gauge Pods for FG XR6's. I haven't been able to find where I can buy them. Any help/links would be appreciated on where I can buy from.
-
Unfortunately, both dealers in the ACT are owned by the same mob. I don't use them for servicing, just warranty work.
-
Hey Paulie2256, that wasn't my intention. Yeah I am frustrated that I was stupid enough to buy a Ford. I was warned not to; but didn't heed the advice. I am not a die hard Ford fan and made my assessment on the experiences that I have have endured. Don't get me wrong, I do like my ute and get a hoot from driving it every time, its just that Ford have spoilt my ownership experience in how they have dealt with me. I just wanted to share some of my experiences and advice with scarecrow so that when he purchases his new Ford he goes into it with his eyes wide open... As for build quality I was comparing my Ford to the last 3 new Subaru's that I have owned since new. There is no comparison, the Subies at the same price point are far better built. Service from Subaru was also far superior than Ford, hands down. I have friends that currently own Fords and have had similar quality issues. Its a dam shame we don't have Lemon laws in Australia.
-
I understand. If you buy one spend a lot of time going over the whole car before you hand over your cash. From my experience look for the following: 1. Windscreen glass is clear and not cloudy 2. Paintwork has no runs 3. Panels align correctly 4. Radio Station search works on the radio Buy the Premium Audio as the stock icc screen is rubbish. Beware the Handbrake cables vibrate and make an awful noise when stationary in Drive. If you have the Heavy Duty towbar installed make sure they use the genuine trailer plug harness and don't splice it in. Expect problems with paint. I had my Bonnet repainted twice. It had some mysterious circles appear in it. Maybe aliens landed on it. My roof was also sanded down for paint runs. Don't get your dealer to do the tint. Mine had to do the tint twice (under duress). It had defects in the film. All of this took ages to get fixed through the dealer and took far too many visits for them to accept the fault and to fix. This is my major gripe. I still have outstanding issues. Warranty is rubbish. I have a faulty ICC and the factory don't wish to replace it. Beware servicing is overpriced at dealers, I use a mechanic who is a friend. I know what has been done to my car and don't get charged bullsh*t charges for rags and paper supplies etc. Bargain hard, you should be able to get about an 8k discount. If not buy interstate. Don't expect any decent after sales service. I bought my car at John McGrath Ford in ACT and got a good discount.
-
Anything after an Evo is going to be a disappointment. I have an FG XR6 Turbo ute and its a love hate relationship. Its a Ford so it has atrocious build quality, handles like crap and goes like stink. Don't expect to be able to drive it fast. I'd suggest you sell your Evo and buy a new EVO 10 and buy a decent lockable trailer. That's what I'll be doing when my lease is up.
-
So I am after a canopy for my FG Ute. So I have found that Carryboy Flexiglass and ARB sell canopies. Which is the best one? Basically I need to carry a Kayak on the roof and my dog in the back. And Tools and stuff when I go racing. The Carryboy looks like the best option with the roof rails. What have people used with success? And what do these things cost? Cheers Andrew
-
Smithygolf, Yeah, it sux but my ute is a hoot to drive and it always puts a smile on my face. As for the SS it just doesn't have the Towing Capacity and its a Holden.... I tow a Car trailer behind mine so needed the Auto and 2300kg towing capacity. All I can say is buyer beware. I am looking at a new Landcruiser Ute. Toyota Tough and Jap quality. ;-)
-
I regretted not buying the luxury pack. Leather and Colour ICC would have been better. Sorry to burst your bubble but get ready for some dissappointment. You need to have a good read of the forums and the issues that owners have with their FG's. Honestly, if I had done some more reasearch I would not have bought one. I currently own an 09 FG XR6 Turbo ute with 18" Wheels, Bluetooth and Ipod. I have the following issues: 1. Cloudy Windscreen - Ford replaced with non standard part 2. ICC has faded screen - Unresolved 3. Vibration at Idle (Park Brake Cables) - Unresolved 4. Poor Panel alignment and door rattles - Unresolved 5. Runs in Paint - Sanded down. 6. Circles on Bonnet in Paint - Resprayed Twice. 7. Poor aftersales service and support - Unresolved I have lost time how many times my car has been back for warranty work, you kind of give up and live with it. I have 12 months to go on my lease then it will be sold. If you do still persist and buy a new Ford, make sure you go over every inch of your car before you hand over the dosh.
-
Unfortunately I am not in VIC. My problem has progressively got worse from new. It is now really annoying as it happens every time I stop.
-
I am not sure but am interested in what you do. I have been looking at the Tekonsha P3 Brake controller that has an optional FORD(USA) wiring harness that allows the unit to plug directly into the factory loom on F150's etc. I am not sure if this can be done on our FG's but I believe this would be the way to go.
-
Which heat shield did you remove?
-
Mine has the vibration, when stationary, and in "D" I have had my ute back to Ford on multiple occasions and no fix. The "We are waiting for a fix" is a polite way of fobbing you off. I have two issues now that I am still waiting for a fix after 8 Months... Its enough to make me consider buying a Holden, and that's saying a lot....
-
I had confirmation from Ford today that this is an issue with the Screens and that they are looking at a fix. As to how long we will have to wait, I am not sure.
-
Thanks for the advice, I gave it a go and its the same at any contrast.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.