-
Posts
32 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by bigshow1
-
-
OK thanks for that.
-
Hello just had a Gss340 installed. I can hear a faint high pitch noise comming from the pump. Can someone tell me if this is normal of do I have a faulty pump or if this has happened to someone else and what they did to fix it.
-
Yeah I was told that after the tune my fuel use would go down. Before the tune my average was 15.3l/100km. Interesting considering the boost is up, 60lb injectors.
-
Just got back from my first drive of the F6. WHAT A MACHINE, should have done the mods when I first bought the car. Can see how people get the modifying bug already talking about intercoolers and exhaust with the tuner. But can someone tell me what a 350rwkw plus is like to drive. Can it still be used as a daily driver also what is it like on a long trip say 1000km plus. Also thank for the compliments on the look of the car. Wanted something that was different and have people taking a second look.
-
Just had the car tuned. Stock ran 281 BHP at the rear wheel (216rwkw). After the tune 370 BHP at the rear wheels (284 rwkw). You guys were spot on with your estimates.
-
Thanks for that link. It explained alot on how people get differing result fron the same modes.
-
Ok by the sound of it I should expect about 270rwkw. Hopefully it gets its custom tune tonight, if so will post the results. One final ????? how the hell do other people (XR6T and F6) have more rwkw than 270rwkw with the same or less modes. Are they fudging there figures or are they just to hopefull. Honestly by reading what other people have done I was expecting around the 300rwkw give or take a bit.
-
Never thought of that. Will get the tuner to do that. THANKS
-
Thanks for that. Will talk to the mech tomorrow about the valves. What would be the next bolt on mod to do. I do not want to much around 300rwkw. My wife is afraid to drive the car as is(she does have her own car but loves the looks she get for younger bokes when they line up at the lights next to her)
-
Maybe I should have done the valves, but talked to a few owners, and told the valves in the F6 would be fine with that sort of upgrade.
-
He is a local tuner who has done a few xr6 turbos. What would I need to get to the 300kw. He told me alot of the gain would be in the mid rev range.
-
Hello I am new to the turbo tuning. I have a BF F6 6sp auto, I just dropped it off at my local tuner. New 60lb injector plus Walbro Gss340 pump, custom tume and KN air filter going in. My ???? is what kind of power at the rear wheels should I be looking at. Tunning it on the dyno tomorrow.
-
Hello Tangcla, where and when do you think the shoot will take place? I want to try and make myself available for the shoot.
-
-
Fingers crossed I hope I can make it to fridays cruise and get to see other peoples car.
-
Yes I got from Melbourne last year. I was just about to buy a Force6 and I had already got a xr8 bonnett to put on it. I wanted a Force6 because I am not a big fan of the rear wings on the FPV range. Then I found this F6 and thought its got what I wanted and bought it, then I sold the spare xr8 bonnet I had.
-
Just waiting to get a fuel pump. Then hopefuly should be at the tuners middle of May.
-
Thanks for that guys.
-
Hello, can anyone help me with 'WHICH FUEL PUMP TO BUY' I have just bought some 60lb semeins inj which I have had flow tested and am about to get a tune, but don't know which pump to get. The Walbo seem to be the one but I read about people put them in but there are 340 - 341 - 342 which is the better pump and has the least amount of mods to be done. It will be going into my BF F6.
-
Alright thanks for the info.
-
THANKS for that I will do that first, what sort of power increase should I expect.
-
Thanks for that info, the car is a auto. Just for now I want to flash it, but is it better to do the exhaust or the injectors with the flash. Later on I will do the other bolt on stuff.
-
Hello I am new to the forum. I have a Bf typhoon. Would like to now what the best bolt on mods to do. I want to flash tune the car. With the flash do I do the exhaust or the injectors and which would be the better brands one to look out for. This is my first time into the turbo cars, was a old V8 man before I took the typhoon for a test drive. THANK YOU
-
Hello. I am new to the forum. I have been reading what mods people have done to there exhaust. My ? is if I do a turbo back exhaust for my BF Typhoon (which brands do I look out for) I know I have to do a custom tune, do I have to do the injector as well. If I do all 3 mods what sort of power increase am I looking at.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.