jambo
Member-
Posts
20 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by jambo
-
Pretty sure all turbos, XR8s and luxury models had ZF from BF series 1 onwards if you optioned an auto
-
I think folks here are on the right track - low to mid 30s without your mods Since my local dealer is offering new 09s for 43,500 driveaway with no negotiation you'd really struggle paying any more than that for something that wasn't brand new and to your own specs, and also been a bit fiddled with. Next owner will also be factoring in onroads on top of that of course I'm also building a house so feel where you're coming from - just dropped back to a BA XR6 to get me around in for a while, and once it's all done the FG will be getting on 2 years old and time for some good deals
-
Yeah that really does suck, and no telling how things will go with this whole market slowdown since redbook of previous years never reflected any of that I was deadset on a new FG turbo or F6 but realised I should just bite my tongue for a while and get something older (BA) to run around in while I build a house, then look at how the market is going again in a year's time. Could have picked up a mid 2007 BF2 turbo the other day for 18,900 (18s, prem sound, ZF) which scared me off the FG even more for now :(
-
Brand new or a few kays on it? Getting cheaper. I got offered brand new 09 XR6T manual couple days ago with leather for $45,500 as I walked in the door with no negotiation. But same price for an Bogan special with no haggling so time to rub my hands together and get stuck into beating Ford down further I think, since Expensive Daewoo are more than happy to do SSVs for XR6T money
-
Oh - I meant that I was comparing website price to the price the previous poster got at a dealership - sounded like they gave him something on par with the website which is kinda crap
-
Cool thanks for the input. That's a bit too long to wait and I'm really falling for the FG the more I look at them
-
I just priced one up on the Ford website pretty much same spec as that minus premium sound and was the same price. Doesn't seem like you're getting much of a discount in this day and age? nang3- haha I haven't been to Hollywoods in years, looking forward to coming home in a few days
-
Woah exactly what I'm looking for if I decide to go F6 over the XR6T, nice deal with brembos and all! Mind sharing the city or state? Thanks. The heart says F6 but the head says XR6T!! But for 54k maybe they will see eye to eye
-
Hey guys I'll be looking to pick up an FG XR6T in April but I'm in no drastic hurry. Wondering when people think the series II might be coming out and what features it may have? I've been out of the country a few years so haven't been keeping up with all the Motor/Wheels mag gossip etc. Thanks
-
Drive to the gold coast for a test drive?
-
Hehe I'm actually looking for a manual but thanks. Definitely a better deal than most other Typhoons out there so you should be able to sell quick. FG XR6T seems to be about on par with performance so for a little extra, I'm thinking it might be worth just going for one of those
-
Thanks for sharing guys. When I was back in Australia and saw my local dealer in Dec they wanted 72k for one with leather, dark argents, tech pack, that was already sitting on their lot so I didn't bother looking at F6s. Do you reckon it's possible to pick up a 08 plate demo or one with a few thousand miles for low 50s in April?
-
Just curious which state/city you scored this deal in? I'll be looking on the Gold Coast soon and sometimes it sux getting deals there Thanks
-
Also making the same decision myself, looking for a manual. Are the seats/interior much better in the FPV or just minor stuff?
-
Saw this on my street in San Francisco the other day.... I don't know if it's rice... or..... or what Some guy lives in it apparently and cruises about the country
-
mmmm Scarlett! I dig goofy happy chicks, that is an awesome av Thanks MiKa The Bimmer has been a dream to own, just sold it yesterday as a matter of fact in preparation to move back to OZ, almost shed a tear as it was loaded onto the truck. I was originally looking for an M3 but after driving this thing, it is just in another league of beasty-ness. Really raw, edgy, aggressive, and tail happy. Your ass is right over the rear axle so the driving sensation is completely different to an M3, makes an M3 feel like a bit of a family commuter actually It has M3 CSL engine tune, CSL brakes, M-diff, oldskool hydraulic steering instead of power steering (steering feel is amazing). Many of my buddies in the US bimmer clubs are running 12.75 to 12.9 stock, but they are all about the twisties really. They are 252kw stock at the fly, 3.2L straight 6, about 1470kg from memory. The engine is a gem, revs happily and smoothly to 8k RPM all day long, CSL tune has much flatter response than regular E46 M3 so it's alright around town too. So I am getting homesick after being away so long and heading back to OZ to settle down and finally start maturing Looking for a turbo ford, 4x4, boat, and some property so only have high 20s/low 30s for a Ford, that should get something fun still I'd imagine? Look forward to coming along to some of your get-togethers as well
-
I love your avatar! Who is that? Cheers for the tip Senna, seems to be a couple of Typhoons in the for sale section that I will check out when I am back in April
-
Bit too late Dagabond, I'm moving back to the Goldy for good in 10 days Thanks for the props on the pics. Hey one question since you're a mod, is there any specific reason I can't use a gmail account to register on this board? I had to dig up some old .com.au email address I havent used in 10 years. Thanks!
-
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself. For the past 4-5 years I've lived between London, Nice, Cannes, Barcelona, San Francisco and my original home on the Gold Coast. I am looking to get a BA-BF Phoon or BF-FG XR6T on the Goldy. Just thought I'd share a few pics of my M in San Francisco that I've been enjoying driving cross country around the USA for the past year. Hope to be more involved with this forum soon when I get the Ford, seems like a great place full of lots of useful info
-
Hey gang, nice site you got here. Found it when googling for xr6 turbo Bit about me - I've been living overseas for about 4 or 5 years between London, Nice, Cannes, Barcelona and San Francisco, just sold my BMW Z4M Roadster that I had in the US and moving back to Aus in 10 days. I can't get the blue blood out of my system so searching for an XR6T/Phoon now to pick up when I get back Look forward to getting bitten by the power bug
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.