boost-kid
Member-
Posts
80 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by boost-kid
-
also just one more question, im unsure how much I will get out the the bulk pack but when if I dont have enough when dynamating the rear parcel shelf, should I only do the top underneath the carpet or the bottom of the shelf from the boot?
- 84 replies
-
if I have any left over after doing the doors and boot (unlikely), would I get any results from applying some on the inside of the sub box??
- 84 replies
-
thanks for the info sicklaser, was the answers I was looking for. the pack should be coming next week,hopefully all goes well. thanks for the advice.
- 84 replies
-
what sort of result will I get from doing the doors? and after doing the boot,the little rattles and vibrations should be decreased but will bass be increased and not as much lost?
- 84 replies
-
How Do You Remove The T Bar Handle Insert?
boost-kid replied to boost-kid's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
do I have to take the gear knob off to do this?? do I take it off by taking out the screw at the bottom front side of the gear knob? I cannot see into my gear knob when its in its normal position,the button does not have a hole in it. -
do you mean the underside of the boot and boot lid? if it will only cover the front doors and a little bit of the boot,that's crap! does anyone have photos of there installs of there boots and front doors? so I can get a rough idea of specific areas to cover in the boot and front doors, getting the most out of the bulk pack
- 84 replies
-
sorry, yes im talking about the bulk pack wouldnt covering as much as you can be better??? the more you cover the less noises,rattles and sound being lost
- 84 replies
-
hey guys im purchasing this new t bar handle insert as mine has bubbled and cracked http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=350204602446 just wanted some instructions on how to remove it without breaking it and put the new one in? thanks
-
will a dynamat xtreme pack be enough to cover entire boot including boot lid and the front doors in a sedan??
- 84 replies
-
iv 'sort of' found a solution for rear view mirror rattle, not sure if its legal though lol I wrapt 2 stripes of electrical tape on either side of the centre of the rear view mirror,and also put tight elastic bands over the tape this has tightened up the mirror and stopped 70-80% of the rattle, although it does cut a little bit of vision, you can still see well.
-
iv also had a little bit of creaking I have all standard suspension, iv heard a little bit while driving,not alot though. when you put your foot on the brake and accelerator, almost doing a stand still and the back end bogs down a lil like they do, you can hear it creaking. is that a similar creak to this problem or something else??
-
this is the box I have: http://www.caraudiowarehouse.com.au/catalo...products_id=117 and I tried facing the sub both ways and still the back seats up killed all the bass. also, how will refitting the rear view mirror help it stop shaking like crazy?
-
hey guys got my system in yesterday it absolutely THUMPS! the focals are unbelievably clear and crisp,get fairly loud aswell, the type X is just nuts,headunit is awesome, amps are doing there job very well got it done at bundoora street sound and vision, done a 10/10 job,very clean, professional and nice install will try to get some pics up soon. wanted to ask a couple questions, do you guys have to put your back seats down to get most of your bass from your sub? when I first jumped in the car driving home, I was fairly upset thinking where the hell is the bass?? the back seats cut off almost 70% of the bass, iv had them down to enjoy the bass from the sub, anyone else have that problem? and also, my rear view mirror rattles off its head,and makes a stack of noise in the front,is there anything I can do to minimise this?
-
does anyone know any really good songs or something with alot of good vocals that I can listen to to test and see how nice the speakers are, songs that will bring out the speakers when I get the lot installed?
-
I probably wont be installing it myself,,will most likely get the place I bought the gear from to install it,,but will be in a couple weeks as I cant at the moment. not sure how much it weighs,,im not going to sound deaden at the moment as I have no money left lol but when the bank balance permits abit more I definitely will.
-
hey guys went down to bundoora street sound and vision yesturday,,bought my system, they did well for me. headunit: pioneer DEH-P80RS ,,fairly tank headunit! X4 focal Access 1, 165A1 speakers to run the speakers,got a soundstream lil' wonder III series, Lw4.620 sub is an alpine type X, running with a alpine PDX 600 mono. I had the sub already purchased off ebay for $500 with a good quality box,,, the rest I purchased from street sound and vision for $1770 (including facia for headunit and pionner ipod adapter thing) ,,all up $2270 for the system. I heard the focals in the salesmans monaro,,absolutely incredible,,very clean, crisp, clear, perfect! should be going into car soon.
-
CONFUSED! I dont know a whole lot in detail about this,can someone explain in more simple terms if possible lol?
-
just as I made this topic a friend rang me,,and I spoke to him as he has the exact same sub,and he said his running his at 2 ohms, and when he bought it the person at the store said it can be run at 2, 4 or 8??? this sub is a 4ohm dual voice coil heres the specs if it helps: http://www.alpine.com.au/products/product.asp?modelID=326
-
hey guys I just recently purchased an alpine type X 12'' sub,,and it says in its specs that it runs at 4 ohms. from what I know I believe the more ohms the more resistance? so 2 ohms will allow more rms power running from the amp. is it possible to run it at 2 ohms,, or will this destroy something or not work at all?? whats the deal with the ohms. as this sub is 1000 rms,,and its range is 500-1000 so if I have to run it at 4 ohms it will be a little difficult to find an amp, for a reasonable price to run it at a high rms. thanks for the help.
-
A Few Questions About System & Sound Deadening
boost-kid replied to boost-kid's topic in Audio & Visual
smicky I was asking about both system and sound deadening when originally posted. im looking at buying a alpine type-r subwoofer,,iv found this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ALPINE-TYPE-R-12-SU...%3A1|240%3A1318 would the amp that comes with it be sufficient to run it well? I dont want it underpowered or 'just' running it, I want it running pretty much at its best or very well. also,what do you guys think about buying a sub second hand? thanks for the help -
A Few Questions About System & Sound Deadening
boost-kid replied to boost-kid's topic in Audio & Visual
just another quick one boys, I was looking at a friends headunit the other day,his got a pioneer, 5th one from the top. http://www.pioneer.com.au/Products/Car%20E...%20Players.aspx this is a fairly good head unit,although it looked way too thick vertically to fit in the tissue box holder. will I have to be making a decision on which headunit to purchase by its thickness? or is there another solution. thanks -
A Few Questions About System & Sound Deadening
boost-kid replied to boost-kid's topic in Audio & Visual
looks good ghia,,I should be doing the same very soon. I know this question has probably been asked, but is there any way to keep the controls on the steering wheel to work if a HU is installed? -
A Few Questions About System & Sound Deadening
boost-kid replied to boost-kid's topic in Audio & Visual
ghia, I cant actually see your boot lid liner in the pics from your install where did you pick one up from? as you said you used the extreme pack, they have a trunk kit which I found on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DYNAMAT-XTREME-TRUN...%3A1|240%3A1318 will this be sufficient? -
A Few Questions About System & Sound Deadening
boost-kid replied to boost-kid's topic in Audio & Visual
yeah fair enough I was just making sure as a mate put a full system in his rav4 and his headlights pulse when the system is pumping and the car sorta carkt it the other day lol -
A Few Questions About System & Sound Deadening
boost-kid replied to boost-kid's topic in Audio & Visual
will I also need to get a better battery and possibly new alternator after this system is put in?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.