-
Posts
173 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by XRPhantom
-
Well that's funny, I have 20 inch mags on my BA ute and they are fully insured through NRMA. They can be as big as you like as long as they aren't wider than 7.5" and the mag isn't under the guard (Even when loaded) ie...You can still see the tyre.
-
Guys, The GEN 4 motor comes out in the VE model Late model camira in 2006 so me thinks this is where Expensive Daewoo will be looking to in the future, not putting a turbo on the 6. Plus they have the 175kw base model then the 190kw SV6. Think that pretty much cancel's out any chance of a turbo. Even if they were to put one on that pumped out 300kw "Detuned" as said in one of the orignal posts, that would be suicide for Expensive Daewoo and HSV's V8's.
-
The part number on the K&N airfilter I got was # 332858.
-
To remove the badging use Lawn Mower fuel, soak some on a cloth and dab it around the badge making usre it soaks into the glue. Do this for about 5-10min and the glue will start to go soggy and lose the you will be able to pull it off (Do it like you do those chocolate biscuits with the cream in the middle..ie..Twist) Then clean up the rest with the same cloth....Just don't rub to hard or it will start going through the clear cloat (You will have to rub pretty hard to do this though) Recommend just keep dabbing the cloth on the clue, it will start to loosen. I did this on my old car and it worked a treat. No scratches of paint off.
-
If you like 6 gears, you might want to wait for the MKII and get the manual box. But you obviously are keen on the auto. I would wait till the MKII comes out and get one of the MKI cars at a bargain price, because all the dealers will be wanting to get rid of their old stock.
-
Guys, I have a K&N panel filter installed and it was for the XR6. I still have the box at home so I will find the part no and post it. I got it from Revolution Race Gear in Wollongong. It fitted perfectly. Also it was only $118 from memory.
-
How is the front now with it lowered and still having the stock shocks in? Have you noticed the ride quality drop or is it still similar? Konis sound good and for young guys like us it's better to get the ride and look of the car how we want it, then when we turn 25 it's time for power upgrades and hopefully cheaper insurance Its a shame insuracne companies look at visual mods like, lowering, bigger wheels, body kits, stero's in the same light as performance mods. Either way its modified and they dont wanna know about it. A driver at work just got his insurance cancelled because he replaced his worn out discs with DBA drilled and slotted rotors, that put him one to many mods over what the insurer allowed and cancelled his policy, didnt even take into account the discs are the same dimensions as standard and of higher quality and provide better stopping performance. they looked at it as, its not a standard item and it does increase performance in braking therefore its a mod that's on there no no list. I am insured with NRMA Insurance and they have covered my wheels as they will allow up to 8" wide rims and they can be as big a you like. Also I can lower the car up to 1 1/4 inch's, Not as low as I would like but hey, better then nothing.
-
Mickq you're a bit wrong regarding the auto in the "T". If you have the auto in manual mode and go into a corner in 4th it will stay in 4th until you either change it or stop........ Geea. OK. I tried this out on the week end. With the car in 4th in manual mode I coasted to a stop. It changed back to 3rd by itself when the speed dropped below about 20kmh. If the gears didn't change down to 3rd from 4th going 20kph then I dare say the car would stall my friend. Why would you ever need to go under 20kph in 4th gear anyway
-
Found the above post on the Ford website. Thought you guys might like a read if you haven't seen it already.
-
Ford Performance Vehicles will introduce a high-tech new six-speed manual transmission to its line up when it launches the BA MkII range, including the exciting turbo-charged F6 Typhoon, in October. Scheduled to be unveiled at the Sydney Motor Show on October 7, the final production version of the FPV F6 Typhoon will showcase the introduction of the new close-ratio Tremec T56 six-speed manual transmission. The six-speed manual gearbox will also become standard equipment in the updated MkII FPV GT, GT-P and Pursuit, all of which are powered by the high-tech quad cam Boss 290 – the only V8 engine to be built in Australia. All Boss V8-powered FPV models will be available with the current four-speed automatic with sequential shift function as an option while the F6 Typhoon will be launched exclusively with the new six-speed manual transmission. The F6 Typhoon will be powered by a turbo-charged high-performance version of the 4.0-litre DOHC in-line six cylinder with 270kW of power and 550Nm of torque – the highest torque output of any Australian production engine. “The introduction of a six-speed manual gearbox to the FPV lineup is the next phase in the evolution of our high-performance range,” says David Flint, Managing Director of Ford Performance Vehicles. “It will enhance the driving enjoyment of our vehicles and provide improvements in a number of areas, including acceleration.” FPV will release final details of its MkII lineup at the Sydney Motor Show on October 7.
-
I think they don't look too bad, thought there would have been more changes, but don't mind them at all. The new 6 motor with a 6 speed box sounds good. If only Ford had put a 6 speed in ours.
-
How is the front now with it lowered and still having the stock shocks in? Have you noticed the ride quality drop or is it still similar? Konis sound good and for young guys like us it's better to get the ride and look of the car how we want it, then when we turn 25 it's time for power upgrades and hopefully cheaper insurance
-
Not sure if you already know but I was browsing the APS site and have noticed there is a new D/R series manifold that will be coming out in the near future. Wonder what sort of impact it will make to this already fine engine. See pic
-
I think the Camber castor kit costs around $260 or more, so that's where a fair bit of expense comes into it.
-
Sheez, that's damn cheap. To install Pedders SportsRyder lowered Coil Springs Front Brand New Rear Leaf Spring Pack with Urethane Bushes also supply Camber Castor Kit the complete package supplied fitted and wheel aligned will cost $1000.00 gst included. Mmmmm...Me might have to do some searching. Was going to be $1200 for a Kings Springs quote I got.
-
Sounds good Rednut If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back to have the springs reset and for new fronts springs. Also where abouts did you have the work done? Cheers, Greg
-
500mm at the front???? What springs etc did you end up going with Rednut? Hope you didn't reset the rear springs? Heard some bad reports on that, especially ride quality and tyre wear. Also the Pedders ute went through a front set of 17 inch tyres in 8000km when they lowered it and didn't put a camber kit in. Now they have the camber kit it, the tyre wear is back to normal.
-
Went and got a quote for new Pedders springs front/rear and camber kit. Just a tad under $1000. So the Ute will be coming back down to earth.
-
I drove both and to tell you the truth the Auto in performance manual mode was pretty horrible...then I drove the manual and it was usless, my G/F's mirage felt better changing gears. So I thought I'd order the Auto and have the best of both worlds. It took a week or 2 to get the hang of how to use it properly and it is awesome. I have also drivin the Magna with the sequential box and the ford box is all over it in every department and the main thing ford got right was the way you shift up/down gears. This is just my opinion and alot of people prefer the manual and are very happy with it. It's all up to the individual. You drive both and you make the choice.
-
You can supprisingly pick up a new 20" tyre for around $400 if you shop around. Word is that in around or year the prices should drop from $400 to around $325. But I'll believe that when I see it
-
I don't think it will be possible to fit anything bigger on the front due to the bolt I wrote about in an earlier post, bet there is definately plenty of room at the back to fit bigger rims. Especially utes.
-
Be careful going in reverse with the wheel on full lock......I only have 18's and peeled a guard. Sorry to hear that mate. I made sure to check all clearances before handing over the cash.
-
Rednut, Where did you get your work done? I was quoted $503 for new springs fitted in the rear. That without touching the front!!! That was Pedders
-
The tyres are: Rear: 245 x 35 x 20 Front: 225 x 35 x 20 (The front is narrower due to a bolt on the front suspension now sitting 3-4mm from the tyre, Any bigger tyre would hit this bolt. Next time I have the car on a jack I'll take a pic of how close the bolt is.) The car now sits an inch or more higher off the ground and you can definately tell when sitting in it. No changes were needed to fit these wheels on apart from the smaller width tyre. ie...No need to roll guards etc.
-
Just need to lower the back and she'll be sweet.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.