Jump to content

cutsnake

Member
  • Posts

    122
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cutsnake

  1. I was away on business the first time so it was either in the driveway or when the misses went shopping. Second time was most probably in the driveway - Northern suburbs Melbourne...
  2. Second time in a month! :banghead: They (kids?) seem to only want the Rear XR badge without the '6'. Unfortunately for me, this time around they took a fair chunk out of the paintwork. I have now removed all badges, including the ones on the side skirts (but have left the oval Ford ones on the front and rear.) Need to rig up some sort of electric zapper to stop them getting at my car! Go pick on a Expensive Daewoo you little :banghead:
  3. Thanks FORDTECH, It's a bit like having the time on your alarm clock running fast so you don't get to work late :lol: ...so I think I will leave it the way it is..
  4. Use the cruise control set at 100Km/h (according to the speedo) on a freeway / highway. Make sure it's on a reasonably flat / straight road to avoid speed drift from the Cruise control. Now select and reset the the Avg speed (LCD) ....what does it show? Mine indicates 96Km/h.... The same test but at 105Km/h (on the speedo again) indicates 100Km/h on the LCD.. To confirm I used a GPS to check the speed and it seems that the LCD Indication is more accurate than the actual speedo. At least I shouldn't have to many problems with being just over the speed limit!
  5. I find that my car charger keeps slipping out slightly but enough to lose contact with the centre terminal.. Regards CutSnake
  6. My Nov '03 build XR6T Auto has the stalling problem. Did it only once when relatively new (less than 3000 K's), but now at 7000 K's seems to be a bit more regular. Normally happens when coming to a full stop on a hot day with aircon on. I am hoping for a fix at the 15,000 Km service (or earlier if it gets worse :wacko: )
  7. Did mine as well going around a roundabout... Mine was not as bad as yours, but I managed to get it looking close to normal with one of those Dremel tools and the round sanding bit on the end of it.... Regards Cutsnake
  8. Hey Peter (APS) Does the Unichip bypass the capabilty of Fords 'Adaptive' control on how the car performs. 80-90% of my driving is quite tame due to lengthy times spent on highways. Will I still need to drive it hard for quite a few minutes before it 'adapts' itself to performance mode? And another question ...With Phase 1, will I get better fuel econmomy, or is this simply the excuse we are giving our domestic boss. Thanks CutSnake
  9. I get a vibrating noise coming from around the area you describe, but only when it is subjeced to some vibration itself, such as a big truck driving by, or some loud thumping music from the sub-woofer. I put this down to the way cars are slapped together these days, but I will mention it at the first service.
  10. That should be able to be repaired..... These days they can get fixed with closer tolerances than straight out of the factory. My biggest concern would be the final finish (paint match etc..) I am also curiuos to find out if the bags deployed as this will add a failry significant cost to the repair.. I hope it all works out well for you in the end..
  11. cutsnake

    It's Home!

    What work ethic? It's the last thing on my mind as it's Friday arvo and I can't wait for my first weekend drive :lol:
  12. cutsnake

    It's Home!

    No prob Superoo Now get back to work!
  13. cutsnake

    It's Home!

    KEN, where do I sign? (HgAg was my first choice, but there are a couple already in the car park at work) As far as the quality of the wing is concerned, I think its great. I haven't had my car right next to a GT to compare, but I beleive it is an exact replica, minus a minor change which would have made it easier to manufacture (plus keep the copyright lawers away!). The minor change is the fact the wing is one piece, whereas the original wings centre post gets bolted underneath the main horizontal wing. You wouldn't notice this unless you looked underneath it.... cheers..
  14. cutsnake

    It's Home!

    Thanks for the comments guys! I couldn't help but go for another spin The GT wing is an after market job arranged by the dealer (Bayford in Coburg, Vic). As you can see it's an exact replica. It was simply a case of trading in the standard XR wing + $600 for the GT wing. Bye for now..
  15. cutsnake

    It's Home!

    After a five week wait, I have finally have taken delivery! Specs are:- XR6T Auto Lightning Strike ( it looks fantastic in the sunlight!) Plexis Grey Interior Premium Sound Plus extra's inc. Side bags, Tint, Power Pedals, alloy spare, scuff plates..etc PLUS a GT Rear Wing! Low res pics attached (zipped up) xr6t.zip
  16. Nah, staying with the factory fitted 17's.. If I get bored with these, I may get some after market wheels, but I wouldn't look forward to the cost of 18" treads..(especially if a slip and accidently turn of the traction control
  17. $600 change over, painted and fitted. This is an aftermarket one that the dealer is arranging for me. He tells me its an exact copy, but I am getting a look at one before it gets fitted just in case.... BTW...I can keep the original one a spare (or sell it?) for an extra $150.
  18. Thanks for the welcome KEN 24T Will post pics the day I pick it up. I don't think there are many Lightning Strike coloured XR's out there? + having the GT spoiler will make it look fairly unique..
  19. Just bragging about my new XR Turbo (and it hasn't even been delivered yet!) What I have ordered:- XRT with Auto trans Lightning Strike colour Premium sound GT spoiler (I don't like the look of the standard one!) misc items such as side airbags, tint...etc. Estimated delivery is late Nov or first week in Dec. (so they tell me?) I was tempted to go for the premium brakes, but couldn't justify the extra $3K, + I have been told that the brake shudder problem is know fixed? Oh well, I just have to wait and see..
×
×
  • Create New...