jared87
Member-
Posts
85 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by jared87
-
Are cold side pipes such as rapid nizpro and pw better or worse for lag?? Im talking about the ones they do that come up the left hand side of the radiator, across the front of the engine and into the standard crossover. They must surely be longer than the standard route although these are the best cooler manufacturers building them??????????
-
My mechanic has a carman scan tool and it didnt pick up anything.
-
Yeah ok thanks anyway
-
ive changed three fuel filters in the last three months, unless it has clogged an injector but that's what I thought the filter was for.
-
Yeah I did but it was only a little pop on idle but now its everywhere, its been about a month since the springs were fitted though.
-
Hi my T has now started missing thrrough the entire rev range very faintly but very noticeable when you hold the throttle perfectly still in the one spot. Ive had nizpro springs fitted, 6 new coils and numerous sets of spark plugs and nothing has made a difference. What Now??????????? Oh and by the way my mechanic has a carman scan tool and it did not pick up any faults at all, but he thinks there may be a better diagnostic tool than his as he is a Expensive Daewoo man.
-
I have looked into that xforce pipe and cat and it is very dear $660 for the pair, my local exhaust shop is fitting a hi-flow 3" cat for me on friday. What I want to know is am I better off going ceramic or metallic ????? They have both in stock.
-
Thanks very much im chasing up that rpm supermart about it.
-
Where did u find that force cat and pipe??? It looks the part but u say it was dear how much was it??
-
I will have that looked at then before I take it down as well if u think it is also a possibility.
-
I sent him a PM so ill see how that goes. Does everyone agree that a rough idle and surging could be the coils, I have done the valve springs and that didnt really work???????????
-
thanks very much everyone for your all your replies, I take it that elite are probably my best option as mackay is a LONG way. By the way I have tried the boost solenoid thiing twice now in the last 5000k's and it has made any difference. I think my next option will be coils then off to get it looked at proffesionally. Is there any chance of you knowing an average price for a custom tune from elite on its own without the troubleshooting hoping all goes well and probably a very low boost tune with all the new mods as I will be unable to use factory tune ever again with deka's installed????
-
Hi im slowly getting all the parts I want for me T and im gonna be after a custom tune soon but I will also need some troubleshooting done as the car isnt making anywhere near the power it should be. I just noticed a sudden power drop one when I was driving and ive have never got it back. It was on standard tune when this happened. I now have k&n, typhoon CAI, nizpro valve springs, replaced numerous fuel filters and sets of spark plugs and checked everything over for leaks. It has good compression so im stumped. I also got a 8 and 10 psi generic tune which only made 176 rwkw but my tuner was too busy to look for problems so im after a ggod tuner probably in the brisbane area as im 200 km north. Im just waiting on my Deka's from the group buy and I will purchase a PW stage 2 cooler in the next few weeks to make the tune worth my while. Any help is appreciated I just want it fixed.
-
Any Ideas For Group Buys? - Window shopping for blokes...
a topic replied to jared87 in Classifieds & Group Buys
I second the intercooler group buy although i guess most people already have one, im just saving for process west stage 2!!! -
Is The N/a Fuel Pump The Same?
jared87 replied to jared87's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
I thought that would be the case, thanks anyway. -
Hi im just wondering if the n/a fuel pump is the same as the T. Im trying to do some troubleshooting and can get hold of a natro fuel pump, will this work. I would think not myself but stranger things have happened. Thanks
-
Did I see in another topic somewhere that a problem like this could also be the fuel pump??
-
I had my nizpro springs fitted yesterday and it has made a difference the idle is not as rough and it seems to have a little bit more power, well probably torque. In saying this I still get a bit of pop coming from the exhaust and not a perfect idle so I do not believe I have got to the bottom of this problem yet, im starting to get really annoyed reading how everyone else has so much power with ease but I cant seem to get it.
-
Im taking a lot of intersest in this topic my BA does the same and is down on power in a big way whether its on standard tune or 10 psi. Mine is in getting the springs fitted right now and I am picking it up tomorrow so I will let you know if it fixes the problem, im really really really hoping so.
-
I think the only thing that changes speed readings on these cars are the tyre sizes. I recently had a diff gear change to 3.73 from 3.46 and the bloke who did it for me told me that it would not affect the speedo because the reading come off all four ABS sensors on each wheel and then average out across the four speeds. Pretty cool I thought.
-
Thanks, sounds like you are impressed with pw setup as well, nearly everybody has recommended it to me. Looks like it will definitely be the way im going
-
How does all these big intercoolers on the market effect airflow to the radiator?? im looking at getting a pw stage 2 cooler and it nearly completely covers the radiator. I do already have a 180 deg F thermostat.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.