shaneo_1
Member-
Posts
108 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by shaneo_1
-
Indy Blue 1600Cc Injecters?
shaneo_1 replied to shaneo_1's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
what injecters are there to choose from? -
looking at upgrading inectors, I recently upgraded my turbo, and have almost everthing else I need, but only have bosch 42lbs innjectors I see these 1600cc ones sell for about 100 each so 600 for a set which sounds pretty good, does anybody use them? what are they like? what other options do I have without spending to much?
-
yeah helps alot, thanks. just means its cheaper to buy a block and crank to start a engine build. thanks again
-
its my partners car and she wanted the bov sound, so was just seeing how hard it was to either change or just vent to atmosphere. I know u can put a stronger spring in the stock one then add in a bov somwehere else but being the last model I heard u have to remove driveshaft or somthing. does anyone know if u can vent the sock valve to atmosphere?
-
soon I will be starting a engine a build and looking at buying a spare block and crank, instead of buying seperatly my question is, is the block and crank the exact same in stock 6 cyl as in the xr6t? is it worth buying seperate crank and block, or if same buy a stock ba/bf engine and start with that. also whats the difference in the head? thanks
-
sorry mate, yeah I knoe the falcon one, meaning focus one. I know the early ones were built into turbo, hoping they changed it that's all, as some people said behind bumper
-
can anyone help me locate bov? just wanting to know before I statr pulling apart bits to find it. thanks
-
sounds like a wild aplication. yeah I wont get near 1000rwhp. just wanan get 800ish as mainly for street. $2300 for rebuild kit which is pretty good, just add ballancing and hopfully make some decent numbers on it.
-
any reasin why u chnaging rods? on spool website they have a engine with over 1100rwhp
-
is anyone using spool rods? and what do u think of them and what power u got? just looking into them as they sound ok for the money. I am not looking at breaking records just wanna make sure my bf mk1 engine stays together. any info on this woukd be good, thanks
-
I am currently putting a bigger turbo on my bf mk1 and still stock bottom end, I dont really wanan invest in an atomic bottom end and was wondering, if I only put a decent set of rods in what sorta power could it handle with stock pistons? or if I just do rods and pistons? just dont really wanna put to much more dollers into it, just need piece of mind that the rods wont break, wanna make 450rwkw I am thinking.
-
I am in the middle of fitting a high mount manifold and gt42r, I am having trouble fitting my wasteagate up as its a older version 50mm and quite large, I have sorta worked out where to fit it up, just the heat shield around the steering shaft is in the way of wehere I will put the wastegate pipe. my question is, is it really needed there? it has some heat warap around the shaft al ready, I just wanna remove the othe bit that sits about 2" off the shaft, I can heat wrap the wastegate pipe if needed. any help would be good.
-
XYZ turbo seems to sit closer to the head then mine does I believe, also more problem I have is the standerd power steering resivour
-
only clearnce issues I will have is fitting a 3.5" dump pipe and 2" wastegate pipe. easiest way I can make it fit is make a 4" dump pipe and plump the wastegate straight in at 90deg bend at top of dump staright out of turbo housing
-
orderd it thorugh a fella in tassie, its a gt42r, with the 5" inlet
-
just wondering if anybody has pics of there gt42 or bigger turbo on manifold and with wastegate, detailed pics would be helpfuk, as I just recived my manifold and dosnt look like much room to add the 50mm wastegate and 3 1/2" dump pipe round the back. need help asap thanks
-
just wondering if any one has painted there interior, looking at going gloss black on all the silver plastic. what paint should I use and and things to watch out for?
-
I like that evy dyno one, but that has to be painted I was gonna get it powder coated, unless they can do it
-
just a quick question. I have a rapid yellow xr6t ute and getting some work done at the moment, while apart I thought why not paint or pwdercoat some bits. my question is what colour should a do the cam cover, not keen on the red. I was thinking black or yellow, I have a black plenum and getting my radiator overflow powdercoated black also. would a black cover be to much or yellow be good? which ever colour I choose the coil cover will be the oppersite colour. thanks
-
I am upgrading to a gt42r and am gonna go to braided lines, just wondering what size hose should I get, wanna get a fair bit of gear before I get the turbo. also is the return line that is on the sump is it a unversial fitting ie can I buy a firring so I can make up a return line? thanks
-
I am in the middle of converting my bf to a gt42r and curious on what power these make on the xr's. For the moment my bottom end is standard, but looking at an atomic engine next yr. I think the turbo has a 1.16 housing and also a spare 1.32 housing I believe. What power range would I be looking at making if everything else is up to task
-
I am looking at advetising my turbo off my ute, it has modified internal wastegate, and 14psi actuater, what should it be worth? also I am rebuilding my old turbo that has modified wastegate and 12psi actuater and selling it, so will have 2. is it worth selling one of the turbos with factory turbo manifold? thanks
-
I have been on this dyno before and ran 328rwkw. could be cat as its fairly old now. the tuner would have seen the timing been pulled out wouldnt he? it was holding 13.8 - 14.5 psi
-
bit hard getting to a track to try it, only ever taken it to the track once. if it wasnt the fuel filter that was holding it back I will try the fuel pump. hopfully get back on the dyno next week and see if I have the pwer back.
-
it is a 05 bf mk1, henry somed it up.. 3.5" cat and 3.5" exhaust 1 muffler, 12psi actuater, bigger wastgate and flapper, fuel pump, injectors, rapid cooler aand piping and plazmaman plenum. reason for retune was becasue of the plenum, ran 333rwkw tuned by bob ramano in brisbane 3 yrs ago, added the plenum bout 1 yr ago and been going good, just been waiting for funds to free up for a tune. no just getting a tune at my local shop in bundaberg so I dont need to travel to brisbane. pretty sure its not the tuner. after doing my fuel filter last night it does feel better, so I am going to dyno it and see what its doing now.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.