Jump to content

Reddevil

Member
  • Posts

    19
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reddevil

  1. I can hear the other party during the call without any problems but the other party says I'm really faint. Might have to move the mic to up above the A pillar once I figure out how to pull that all apart to run the cable.
  2. Just finished the install - works beautifully. Sounds good with a flat EQ but 1000x better than stock when you tweak it up on the 7-band graphic EQ. Theres still a few things todo to finish it off the way I want though but its all hooked up: * get an antenna Y adapter so I can use the ICC or HU for radio * get a smaller RCA to 3.5mm cable so there isn't a big bundle under the deck. * take the long 3.5mm aux cable going into the back of the HU out and replace it with a much shorter one to remove another big ball of wire. * check the mic for the hands free hasn't fallen out - crap volume on mobile phone calls. Cheers sicklaser :angel:
  3. Thanks mate. Why does the EQ need to be on flat? I can't use the EQ on the HU?
  4. Sweet - thanks sicklaser Do I need to use both the front and rear RCA's too otherwise any music that has front/rear fading will sound weird? I.e. get two RCA to 3.5mm leads and a 2 into 1 3.5mm adapter to connect to the female on the aux input?
  5. Hi everyone, I have an older model Pioneer HU from my last falcon which I want to wire into my BF. Its a Pioneer DEH-7850BT which has front/rear output RCA's and a subwoofer output RCA's, what I want to know is if the front and/or rear RCA's can safely be wired into a ford or ASL aux input kit via 3.5mm to RCA adapters. I've never used the RCA's before but I want to keep the premium ICC working but have the option of switching to the Pioneer for mp3's/BT etc. I plan to use the piggy back plug on the back of the ASL line conditioner to get the power/ground/accessory/mute connections. Would the RCA's to aux input work or do I need to use a low level converter or something else?
  6. Hi everyone, I've done a bit of a search though the forum for tyre recomendations to see what I should put on the 6T now that the Dunlops feeling a big skatey. Some of the quotes I'm getting from tyre shops per corner are: Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 - $259 Toyo PX4 (assume that's "Proxes 4") - $228 Kumho KU37 - $190 Pirelli Dragons - $228 Does anyone have any updated feedback on those and how they went a few months later? - most of the tyre threads are a bit older now. 6T is still stock as a rock with 17's and unmodified engine.
  7. Thanks Rooster. Was mid to high 30's in perth yesterday from memory and it did happen when I was giving it a bit climbing up a railway overpass section on the highway. TC could have gone off but the tunes were up loud enough to drown it out and I had my mind on the other things the car was doing at the time so probably wouldn't have noticed the lights anyway.
  8. Yep, sounds like exactly the same thing that happened to me. Mine happened under heavy acceleration though and on a fine day but theres nothing to say there wasn't any oil from a truck on the road. (heavily trafficed section of highway) Seemed to go normal again as I slowed back down.
  9. Anyone have any ideas what might have caused this one? I turned right onto a highway from traffic lights and as I put the boot in to get upto 100km/h after I was pointed straight, my turbo started to handle like a bowl of jelly for about 5 (to maybe 10) seconds before feeling somewhat normal again after I started slowing down. I use bowl of jelly because it started wobbling side to side and felt really loose like the rear was fish tailing (even though the car was travelling completely straight and I was in my lane the whole time) There was no tyre smoke or squeals etc and the guy behind me didn't seem to back off or change his driving at all. I didn't hear or see the traction control light come on either. As soon as I could I pulled over on the highway and got out to take a look thinking I had a badly deflating tyre, cracked or broken rim, steering or some suspension damage but the car looks completely fine. I thought maybe if it was taily there would be marks on the sides of the rims or tyre if I hit the curb during it but everything is unmarked. I crawled the car for the next few km's (I was maybe 3km's from home) to see if it would do it again but everything felt normal, couldn't hear any grinds/groans/rattles or anything else or any other weird feedback in the steering or suspension. I didn't have any problems navigating around left and right hand corners or roundabouts on the way home and still couldn't hear, see or feel anything unusual. I'll still call ford roadside assist in the morning to get them to take a look at it and make sure nothing is broken or damaged underneath but does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Completely stock '07 6T sedan. No suspension/wheel/engine mods.
  10. +1 vote for Novotel Sydney Olympic Park. Stayed there in early December last month (king spa suite ) and found it to be really good. There is secure parking under the hotel but it is really tight to maneouver around in a big car so be a bit careful if you're taking a T or F6. Hotel is within 5mins walk to Acer Arena so no need to even drive to the show..beer time instead? I could see Acer from my hotel room window. Food was great, suite was awesome, bar downstairs. I would stay there again. Theres also a Sofitel Pullman (across the road from Novotel) and Hotel IBIS in the same building if you want to check out some other cheaper or more expensive options. Let me know if you have any questions about it.
  11. I've never found an iPod FM transmitter that sounded anything less than poxy in any car. I optioned my T with the boosted aux audio kit and then fitted the mobile phone presenter accessory with an ipod cradle screwed onto the end. Routed the cables under the shifter surround and drink holder to make a nice neat stealthy solution. Hidden. Presenter out I'll probably end up installing a headunit in the tissue box slot using a BA-BF console adapter like these these
  12. Weren't your carputers around that mark? (from memory) Website isn't working for me at the moment....
  13. Hmm... thanks for the feedback Russ. Theres better ways to spend $4k at the moment bonza.
  14. Hi everyone, I'm considering getting an Alpine VHUB Pro and Rockford Fosgate 360.1 installed but wanted to see what the VHUB shows on the screen when playing tracks off iPods (track into, artist name etc?). I can't see anything on the Alpine site showing detailed screen shots. Does anyone have a photo of one in action they could post? Has anyone used an iPhone (or iPhone 3G with theirs) and is it compatible?
  15. I can confirm this also works using a Vista laptop. I've done it before with a WM6 smartphone and a Nokia N73. I have a Toshiba laptop with integrated BT running vista ultimate and had no trouble pairing up with the Ford BT car kit. The audio quality doesn't sound that great but it could be handy for anyone who had a small laptop like an EEPC with bluetooth adapter and wanted to stream some music. You can fix some of the audio quality by tweaking the EQ in winamp and probably by using some autogain type plugins. Note that the sub volume is almost non-existant though. I have no idea if this works under XP (I believe vista's BT stack has more profiles than the WINXP SP2 stack) but its probably worth a shot. See the pic attached for which profile to use. (no drivers required) If you can't see the Ford BT kit to start with when searching for it - hold down the button on the kit for a couple of seconds and then try searching for it again. TIP: if theres no sound after you pair it up and the drivers finish installing - set your output device in winamp/MPC to "bluetooth audio" (or ford bluetooth audio etc) and then it will work.
  16. I'm insured with RAC (wa), costs about $900 per year with around $500 in excess due to age. 24yo male in my nme, only driver, brand new '07 6T, unmodified, agreed value, 1 previous at fault, no traffic/speeding fine history, ungaraged driveway parking in Perth. RAC insured me without any hesitations before I bought my T, they were also pretty good with mods on my old falcon as long as they were legal and you told them about it they were cool with it. Policy was also pretty flexible about casual drivers not needing to be nominated unless they are going to drive the car more than x times per week. No KM restrictions etc. Upto $700 theft replacement value if your broken into. Always really good to deal with on the phone when querying things, flexible payment options and small discounts if you have roadside assistance with them. Would have insured me for an XR8 sedan for almost the same without any problems when I asked.
  17. Do you have any pics of it working jEtONiT? I've had a look at alpine, clarion, pioneer and JVC HU's on the net last night, they all seem to output the track info etc on the screen but the output doesn't look that great from what I've found from reading through the manuals or photos. The alpines especially didn't look that impressive from what I've seen The other thing I noticed was none of them would let you tweak what info you want to see either. My old pioneer HU would let you toggle the information you could see on the OEL display by pressing the display button a few times so you didn't have to see useless info like folder names etc. Really just want it to show the track name, artist, album and probably the time remaining on the song. The JVC looks like it might have the nicest onscreen displays and just being able plug a regular ipod USB cable into the front of the HU's without needing any addons is even better. KD-DV7406 KD-AVX44 I already have a laptop with bluetooth and a windows mobile 5 smartphone with bluetooth - I think the 3sixty.1 apps have a version for both of those ready to go? Was the 3sixty.2 definitely worth it? I think I only need the .1 but I'm just interested how much of a difference it made to the factory sound doing it.
  18. Guess I'm after something like Ghia did in this thread
  19. Hi everyone, I'm pretty sure I couldn't find an answer for this one in this forum already - I'm looking at options for installing an aftermarket HU in the tissuebox holder position with a few twists. I think someone has done similar to this already but I'm not sure if the track info stuff does what I'm after..... What I want to acheive is: 1. Install an aftermarket HU or DVD HU with full speed ipod connectivity, MP3 discs/DVD's, remote control etc. 2. Have the audio information (track names/numbers/album/artist info) display on the premium sound ICC 3. Keep the setup as stock as possible without butchering any of the existing setup. I.e. I want to keep the 6 disc stacker working and radio leave all of the speakers running off the ICC. Keep the cigarette lighter where it is and functioning. I don't want to have extra controls for things hanging off everywhere so that rules out HK drive and play, alpine vehiclehub etc. Running it through the premium sound ICC will also keep the steering wheel controls for volume/source etc working. 4. Add a Rockford Fosgate 360.1 to tweak the sound on the ICC HU properly. 5. Replace the factory speakers with good quality splits, mids etc but again fit them in the factory positions under the factory grills. Adding amps/subs in the future. I'm not interested in watching DVD's on the ICC at all. Basically I want to add an aftermarket HU but keep the rest of the car stock to look at with all the changes being subtle and hidden. The idea: 1. Install a DVD HU in the tissuebox connected via AUX to the premium ICC for sound and onscreen display (tracks/titles/artist etc) when tuned to AUX on the icc via whatever converters required. 2. Retain the 6 stacker factory HU for cd's and radio. At the moment my 6T has the premium sound ICC with the ford ipod AUX cable and ford bluetooth car kit. I do have a pioneer 7850BT HU with ipod kit sitting in the cupboard but I don't think its going to give me exactly what I want since theres no video out option on it. I'd prefer to keep the ford bluetooth car kit since its neat, tidy and works very well with all of my phones. Questions: 1. Has anyone done a setup similar to this and can suggest a DVD HU which can display all of the audio info on the ICC? I don't need a HU with a fold out screen since I want to use the ICC for it. 2. How well do the RF 360.1's work with the ICC? 3. Has anyone had any problems with motorised fold down face DVD/CD HU's installed in the tissue box? (cd's hitting the ZF gear stick when in park? or the flip down faces hitting the bottom of the console? etc etc) 4. Problems with installing a HU using the AUX connection? I realise running the HU through the AUX input won't have the best sound quality possible but I'm after the convience of having an MP3 compatible HU and ipod connectivity on the ICC instead of messing about with the ipod while driving. The aftermarket HU will probably still sound as good or better than the AUX ipod cable ford supply anyway plus the usual HU benefits of tweakable EQ's etc. Budget - I can spend whatever I want... ideas? suggestions? alternatives?
×
×
  • Create New...