Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

WARNING LARGE POST

Hi Guys,

I dropped my car into aps Thursday at 8am to have my Phase III kit fitted; when I arrived I have to say I was impressed with the reception I got. Peter met me at aps and they took my car straight in to get started as I was only going to be in Melb for a few days so time was going to be tight.

Peter then sat down and explained the process and went through any questions I had about the car. It was great to be able to discuss any issues with Peter and to have the whole process explained. The guys at aps have really done there homework on this car they have so much data on the strengths and weaknesses of the T. It was refreshing to have Peter answer all my questions and to back up his answers with actual experience rather than speculation.

He also told me that when they decided to do the XR6T upgrades they decided to treat the job as if they were doing a upgrade for a Porsche and use top notch components to obtain the best results but also to make sure that the car maintains its durability in the long term I think they have done this guys. The components they have used are world class, from the exhaust that has to be seen to be appreciated to the intercooler with its huge size and first class production.

Anyways my short question time turned into 4hrs I hope I didn’t bore Peter too much, it was great that Peter spent this amount of time with me as most places you have work done tend to push you out the door as soon as they can. After the questions ( and there was many) Peter gave us a tour of aps and I have to say this is the best facility that I have ever seen, the dyno room is great and it has a huge cooling fan which was a relief after seeing some other shops with the tiny fans. After this Peter took me for a drive in the 307km beast and I have to say it felt great.

I got a call about 3pm Friday that my car was done (very excited by now) and I have to thank Peter for staying back to 7pm for me to pick up the beast, had to make my way from the F1s to aps. When I arrived Peter sat down with me and went through the dyno graphs and showed me the car and the work they done. They packed all my old parts neatly into a box which was a great help.

Excellent work is the only way I can describe it, just looks like it should have come like that from the factory.

How does it go? Well I have to say the car is so smooth that it feels better than standard even at cruise without being on boost. It now revs so freely and the sounds that come from the air intake and the exhaust are truly music to the ear. When you lean on the go pedal it just feels so strong no mater what revs or gear, the power comes on so smooth that it’s deceptive but you can feel the front of the car lifting and the Speedo needle moves very quickly now its time to try and stop it, definitely need to upgrade brakes with this kit. A few times I tried flooring it in second at about 70km and it broke out into wheel spin that was fun :) left the traction control on after that.

Well I have to say after driving back home to Wollongong (near Sydney) from Melb (850km) the car did the trip without a problem even in the 34deg heat, the exhaust was as quiet at cruise speed as standard but the car now uses less fuel and you don’t need as much throttle angle to cruise at the same speed as before. Its starts like a standard T first go every time and idles with a nice tone, idle quality is actually better now than when it was standard.

It’s truly an awesome car to drive now and I can recommend aps to anyone, they are a team of great people and thanks to all the guys that worked on my car great job guys.

Thanks Peter for taking the time to show us around and answer all our questions :blink:

Cheers

  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Award Winning Photo guy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Burleigh Waters
Posted

nice one mate... what a weapon!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

Sorry I missed you as you went through - would have liked to check out your beast. Sounds the goods :blink:

BTW How did you cope with the rain all the way up the coast on Sat? Bet the TC got a workout :lol:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 3d
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted

I can't wait to get my phase III.

you must have the fastest T in the gong that's for sure!

Are you going to ever race it down the strip?

  • TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 28d
  • Location: Perth W.A.
Posted

good job turbo4lt

lucky bars---d

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted
I can't wait to get my phase III.

you must have the fastest T in the gong that's for sure!

Are you going to ever race it down the strip?

I want to run it at Sydney, but I need to organise a clutch and some brakes would be good the standard ones are not copping to good.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted
Sorry I missed you as you went through - would have liked to check out your beast. Sounds the goods :smilielol:

BTW How did you cope with the rain all the way up the coast on Sat? Bet the TC got a workout :lol:

Its quite intresting to drive in the wet I found leaving the traction control on was a good idea :lol: . Its quite tame unless you push hard on the pedal. :thumbsup:

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Frank,

I wouldn't expect your clutch to last very long, so it should not be too long before it starts slipping, if it hasn't already.

As for brakes, there's no way the standard brakes will pull you up when you really want to after hard acceleration.

Enjoy the new level of power. It's addictive.

Brian

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted
Frank,

I wouldn't expect your clutch to last very long, so it should not be too long before it starts slipping, if it hasn't already.

As for brakes, there's no way the standard brakes will pull you up when you really want to after hard acceleration.

Enjoy the new level of power. It's addictive.

Brian

I have to agree the brakes are pretty sad and the clutch I have been very gentle on. Will be looking at changeing both soon. :thumbsup:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

Good stuff Frank :thumbsup: Should keep the commies in check now

Wasn't Shuey awesome on Friday,made the rest of 'em look second rate

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...